Anybody else get an MFC package today?

Hards

Yes, things seem to be a bit disorganized at the MFC in regards to the membership package.

So all it takes to give up on the Dees is a cheap pen and the membership card taking a bit longer to arrive. Makes following them for the last 43 years without a premiership rather insignificant!

I didn't mean that I was giving up on them - believe me that will never happen - years of parents trying to buy anything and everything to make me a Hawk and now a passionate Saints man as a husband and I will not waiver one bit!

All I am saying is that for kids it is like getting a show bag from other clubs and a crappy looking pen from us- they are swayed by things like that - they do not have the passion that us long time supporters have and like it or not, I guess they are materialistic in that regard.

The Saints membership is giving them a scarf and a cap as well as a back pack full of goodies. We get 5 emails from the Saints everytime they send one out - one for my husband and one each for the 4 kids - annoying - YES! but at least they are sending them. I have registered my email along with each of my children's with MFC and we get nothing.

As I said, nothing will sway me but when you are 6 or 7 years old and you have two parents trying to convince you to follow a certain club, it looks like one club cares about you a lot more than the other one!

The number one priority for the new CEO has to be getting the membership department right.

It is not possible that a professional organisation cannot handle 20,000 orders. These are amature numbers for such a large company, and to have so many stuff-ups is completely unacceptable.

Memberships keep us alive, and our numbers are so poor already, that we really can't afford to lose anymore members through poor handling. Not only that, but every mistake costs money, money that we really can't afford to be losing.

I understand that the membership department had a few issues with staff members changing or leaving recently, but what they need to do is set up a full-proof system whereby anyone can take over at any time and get orders processed. Setting up a database of some sort can't be that hard, if an IT-idiot like myself can do it, surely they can too!

BTW, with all of their new China connections, there is no doubt the club can offer better merchandise along with the membership package. It would cost only a fraction more to give kids a t-shirt, instead of a plastic pen that breaks after you use it twice.

Correct Jaded. Only problem is that this was also the no. 1 priority for the previous 2 incoming CEO's also! Same issues continue to bug us and prevent MFC going forward. Very hard for all of us to recruit new MFC members while they persist. As you note there does not appear to be any logical reason why basic production and flow of membership stuff is not effectively streamlined as is methodology not rocket science that is involved. Still puzzles me after several years.

All I am saying is that for kids it is like getting a show bag from other clubs and a crappy looking pen from us- they are swayed by things like that - they do not have the passion that us long time supporters have and like it or not, I guess they are materialistic in that regard.

Just make sure they keep wearing those Melbourne jumpers wherever they go.

You never know when a Melbourne supporter might be giving them preferential care ;)

Just make sure they keep wearing those Melbourne jumpers wherever they go.

You never know when a Melbourne supporter might be giving them preferential care ;)

ha ha - they are too old for you to come across these days!

I am still trying my best but I think I am going to have to admit defeat with Jack unless the dees get some wins on the board! I am preying for that and for Nick "tissues" Reiwoldt's knee to be worse than they are letting on - what a nice Mum I am - but all is fair in love and footy.

ha ha - they are too old for you to come across these days!

I am still trying my best but I think I am going to have to admit defeat with Jack unless the dees get some wins on the board! I am preying for that and for Nick "tissues" Reiwoldt's knee to be worse than they are letting on - what a nice Mum I am - but all is fair in love and footy.

I've been out of the business for a while now, so definitely no chance I'll be able to brainwash them again!

Just tell Jack that if he ever wants to watch TV/ play on the computer/ see daylight again, that he must immediately decease all support of that revolting club St.Kilda. It's a simple choice really, suffer with your football team and enjoy life :lol:

They're probably too young for you to try the whole motherly guilt thing....

I've been out of the business for a while now, so definitely no chance I'll be able to brainwash them again!

Just tell Jack that if he ever wants to watch TV/ play on the computer/ see daylight again, that he must immediately decease all support of that revolting club St.Kilda. It's a simple choice really, suffer with your football team and enjoy life :lol:

They're probably too young for you to try the whole motherly guilt thing....

Nah - I just won't feed them!

As I said, nothing will sway me but when you are 6 or 7 years old and you have two parents trying to convince you to follow a certain club, it looks like one club cares about you a lot more than the other one!

You can see that I am a frustrated old man.

I know that young kids are impressionable and it must be difficult to keep their enthusiasm up if they feel that their club doesn't care about them. Lucky they have a dedicated Demon for a mum.

On the other hand the Club clearly needs to improve in a number of areas if it is to function and be seen as a successfull one. Every sensible query should be responded to. No member or supporter should be made to feel unwanted or disenfranchised. The staff and Directors should always act inclusively when dealing with members and supporters. Above all we should act and be seen to be acting professionally.

My Dad also insists on buying our kids a Hawks membership each year - the kids ones are $10.00 each and what they get given is would about 10 times that. The joke is that my kids hate the Hawks and take the stuff straight to school to trade - oh I have raised them well!

Haha, that's great. Shame about the quality of the Dees stuff, though!

I received my THIRD pack in the mail last night, so I have pens and lanyards lying around everywhere. There was nothing else apart from a mysterious reply-paid envelope along with these items, so I wonder what I was supposed to do with that? Mail them back with thanks for the number and regularity with which they're sending these packs to me? Hopeless, absolute amateurs, Every year they manage to stuff my membership in some way. I work with membership databases for a living, and I know its not as hard as they're seemingly making it!

There was nothing else apart from a mysterious reply-paid envelope along with these items, so I wonder what I was supposed to do with that?

We also got the reply paid envelope - what is with that???