Saintsational Rematch - Sunday, February 17, 1.30pm

rollinson 65

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news on a ground?

What about Brunswick st oval? I think that oval might be in ok condition because they play cricket on it during the summer. But you might have to ask the council because I'm not sure when they put the goal posts up each year.

What about Brunswick st oval? I think that oval might be in ok condition because they play cricket on it during the summer. But you might have to ask the council because I'm not sure when they put the goal posts up each year.

That's a pretty good idea! I wouldn't mind playing on Brunswick St Oval....

"Any news on a ground?"

I think the problem, as HD from sainsational has said, is local councils and insurance...

I think we are stuck with glenferrie oval, but I would be delighted to be proved wrong...

ah, hem, nobody (surprise, surprise) has put up their name for goal umpy or boundary umpy... :unsure:

it's not fair that the sainters should have to supply all the officials... :angry:

GOTO was goal umpire last game...

any chance of a repeat performance, george ?? :wub:

Demonland

Updated: 1am Thursday 10 January

FB: Fuzz demon_ruckle travis

HB: Occo Madness Snake

C: mickrocks cameron-the-bruce ucanchoose

HF: coxy Cactus stinga

FF: Hards doggo24 MelbourneFC

FOL: Cribbes wise monkey Axis of Bob

INT: Oxxx, Blessed_Hands*, Imtoohot, david, cribbes mates (x3), the stynes factor, wrecker_whelan, jezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzza

In regards to the ground, I've been around Glenferrie a bit, it's actually not that bad at the moment, that week of decent rain we had did it the world of good. How it'll be in a month when we're hitting 40 degrees every day though...

We've got time, we'll keep our options open, but at least its a decent backup.

I am happy to coach again with Whispering jack if you want us. I enjoyed the last game. I will start work on the new game plan.

Right. Getting the water boy to "run and carry" all day was only a partial success. We have to expand on the theory and extend it to others such as those picking up the grog for the after match. Apart from that, is it possible for us to find a ruckman who's taller than 5'11" this time?

robbo24 has put me in touch with cribbes, and I have asked him to let me know his mates' names...

also starting to get some replies to the sister thread on demonology...

hatchman may be available to play, and will post again to confirm...

Dee Knees will arrive late, but will bring an esky full of water...

dzzz may make it to help out, and will also confirm later...

we still need players and helpers, and particularly goal and boundary umpires...

with the umpire jobs, we won't make people do them for the whole game, so feel free to volunteer for a quarter or a half...

I've already confirmed with my two friends who are already on the team sheet (Travis & David). Keen as!

Another friend (Dianne) is happy to play roving photographer and take some photo's. Still hopeful Marfa will appear for moral support! :lol:

Good numbers so far. Hopefully the big man Cribbes can play ruck. Looking forward to playing alongside Hards, Cactus, Coxy and Doggo up forward.

Has anyone taken any pics lately of Glenferrie? Maybe Saintsational might have some...

I'm thinking maybe I'm in gotta check with Mrs Cash but sounds like fun 6'4 100 kgs have'nt played for a long time 6 years but I'll give it a crack FF FB or CHF most likely interchang better start running.

"find a ruckman who's taller than 5'11" this time...

for all that, WJ, I recollect madness (in particular) did a great job in the ruck last game...

but fear not...

even if wise's mate (blessed hands) does not confirm, I have just checked my emails and cribbes tells me he is a definite starter...

redleg, cibbes tells me his 3 mates are not KPPs, but handy and dependable back line players...

more importantly, hards, their game names are animal, woody and duthie...

Demonland

Updated: 10:10am Friday 11 January

FB: Fuzz demon_ruckle travis

HB: Occo Madness Snake

C: mickrocks cameron-the-bruce ucanchoose

HF: coxy Cactus stinga

FF: Hards doggo24 MelbourneFC

FOL: Cribbes wise monkey Axis of Bob

INT: Oxxx, Blessed_Hands, Imtoohot, david, the stynes factor, wrecker_whelan, jezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzza, hatchman, freak, Animal, Woody, Duthie

Demonland

Updated: 10:10am Friday 11 January

INT: Oxxx, Blessed_Hands*, Imtoohot, david, the stynes factor, wrecker_whelan, jezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzza, hatchman, freak, Animal, Woody, Duthie

Nice! At this rate, you might actually have enough people turn up to have one or two on the bench! :P

"find some room"...

judging on reputations and past performances, that whole bench looks pretty talented, I must say...

good to see freak and pringle have posted...

so who's missing ??

diesel, rivvo, jimi9, mclean4browmlow (and his big brother, scotty) come to mind...

anybody else ?? :unsure:

Rollo, looks like you got most of the names covered. Impressed with the size of the interchange bench! ;)

Do these names also include those from Demonology?

I take it Saintsational are ready with numbers too?

hey, mfc...

you can check out the sister thread on demonology to get the general idea...

demonology may be able to claim a hand in supplying helpers, but most of the players come from demonland...

and, these days, most people read on both sites anyway...

you can also check out the sainters' website...

they are more concerned about their upcoming game against the filth supporters at the moment...

and there was a recent post (from barks I think) saying they have now played about 20 of these games, so their organisation has become routine, and many players turn up without even posting...

don't think we have to worry about their numbers...