4. Lachlan Hall (24.08)

5. Haelen Kay (24.17)

6. David Gourdis (24.22)

7. Levi Greenwood (24.22)

8. Brendan Whitecross (24.25)

9. Chris Mayne (24.37)

10. Joel Smouha (24.48)

Shuttle run (aka beep test)

1. Cale Morton (15.2 – Level 15 Shuttle 2)

2. Joel Smouha (15.1)

3. Brendan Whitecross (14.10)

4. Clayton Hinkley (14.9)

5. Rhys Palmer (14.8)

6. Nick Murphy (14.8)

7. Scott Selwood (14.7)

8. Chris Kangars (14.5)

9. Patrick McGinnity (14.4)

10. Matthew Lobbe (14.3)

11. Scott Simpson (14.3)

12. Andy Otten (14.2)

13. Robbie Tarrant (14.2)

14. Matthew Kreuzer (14.2)

West Australians Morton and Palmer among the stand outs in the beep test. Both are top five draft candidates and these results won't hinder their prospects. The Tigers are said to be interested in both he and his brother Mitch who wants out of the WCE.

West Australians Morton and Palmer among the stand outs in the beep test. Both are top five draft candidates and these results won't hinder their prospects. The Tigers are said to be interested in both he and his brother Mitch who wants out of the WCE.

We can only hope. If Richmond take Morton, then I'd be fairly confident that West Coast would take a WA boy. I'll take one Trent Cotchin please. Be happy with Palmer, failing that.

once again...pretty poor performances in the old beep test. Hopefully, they can do well in the 3km time trial.

Bit harsh Freak. If I could do 5 i'd be stoked... never mind 15. What is considered good these days? Or are you just saying that very few got a really good result?

The performances werent crash hot when compared to other elite athletes

My personal best on the beep test is 21.4

nah. i'm no mottram but i got 16.2 for it. if only i could kick 6 goals 1 instead of 1 goal 6 against saintsational. I do believe that the draftees beep test is harder because the 3km time last year of 9minutes 37 seconds or something...is really hiking compared to their beeps. who knows.

Give me Cale Morton, or Rhys Palmer. I dont care either all!

2007 NAB AFL Draft Camp results - Day 2

3km time-trial

1. Joel Smouha (10 minutes 23 seconds)

2. Rhys Palmer (10.25)

3. Cale Morton (10.32)

4. Hugh Sandilands (10.42)

5. Nick Murphy (10.48)

6 eq. Scott Selwood (10.49)

6 eq. Patrick McGinnity (10.49)

6 eq. Matthew Lobbe (10.49)

9 eq. Matthew Kreuzer (10.51)

9 eq. Tony Armstrong (10.51)

9 eq. Chris Kangars (10.51)

Vertical jump

1. David Gourdis (81 cm.)

2. Lachlan Hill (74)

3. Patrick Dangerfield (73)

4. James Mulligan (72)

5. Levi Greenwood (71)

6 eq. Matthew Lobbe (70)

6 eq. Steven Gaertner (70)

6 eq. Simon Starling (70)

10 eq. Robbie Tarrant (68)

10 eq. James Polkinghorne (68)

10 eq. Mitchell Farmer (68)

Bit harsh Freak. If I could do 5 i'd be stoked... never mind 15. What is considered good these days? Or are you just saying that very few got a really good result?

If I can get 14 and I'm a goal umpire - I expect these blokes to be doing better than 15 really...

it either speaks volumes for kreuzer or it speaks volumes for the standard of this draft, but if a potential ruckman can be only 28 seconds from winning the 3km time trial something is wrong.

you're right freak, id expect under 10 minutes, at least from the top few. maybe they've hard a hard carnival? players are getting talked up but their fitness doesnt seem to be elite.

maybe the trend this year is towards footballers not athletes?

looks like palmer and morton are the standouts for endurance.

I still like the idea of a mcginnity (tagger from WA), or Dangerfield as a smoky (pacy and good size). This Gourdis guy could be a good forward, fastest sprint over 20m and biggest vertical leap!

If he's still around at pick 21 I reckon we should have a good look at Joel Smouha. From what I can gather he has played a fair bit of ruck, but probably isn't quite tall enough to be a career ruckman out of himself at 196cm. He could be a good proposition as a KPP. Needs to get some meat on him (only 80 kegs atm), but from all reports (that I've read) he has some talent as a footballer, as well as as an athlete. Perhaps in the mould of an Andreijs Everitt (who played some good games for the Dogs as a tall wingman this year). Seems like he'd be worth a punt with our second rounder.

Am I mistaken, or is Trent Cotchin still out with a broken ankle? If so, he could be the real gem in this draft, similar to Selwood of the 06 draft.

I notice he is still sitting out, so one would assume his ankle is still pretty bad. Outside morton, kreuzer for testing, there is not much to smile about.

How do you measure a beep test? What is it recording?

Endurance and speed. It's a series of 30m (I think?) 'sprints' which start off slower, then increase in frequency as the levels rise. Think of it as a shuttle run up and down a basketball court with shorter and shorter times to make the 'shuttles'.

Am I mistaken, or is Trent Cotchin still out with a broken ankle? If so, he could be the real gem in this draft, similar to Selwood of the 06 draft.

I notice he is still sitting out, so one would assume his ankle is still pretty bad. Outside morton, kreuzer for testing, there is not much to smile about.

he is on crutches at the draft camp...

i wish they did a 5 metre sprint, or even 3 metre sprint...i think that is as relevant as 20m sprint...and i also wouldnt mind seeing a rating on kicking distance or accuracy, but is this putting too much into draft camp?

Cale Morton is doing his chances no harm.

If we could somehow land Morton or Cotchin, we will be laughing!

Cotchin... yes. Morton... Not so yes. From what I've heard he (Morton) is a very nice, long kick, but he epitomises the outside player. We got smashed in the clearances this year, and with junior approaching the twilight zone, the situation will only get worse. We need somebody who can use the ball, definitely, but we also need to be conscious of the clearances. Palmer is the man for me, assuming Cotchin is gone; Quick, good left foot, goal kicker, and able to tackle and win his own ball as well.

Also, Deanox, I have a feeling they do do a 5m sprint... I'm sure I saw something about it in the Hun today.