Ryan Murphy to Melbourne

Demons 32

I recently saw in another thread the idea of someone which I considered pure GENIUS.

Trading Our number 20 pick and possibly Brad Miller for Fremantles Ryan Murphy.

I got so excited by the prospect of this 196cm Full Forward coming to Melbourne I just had to see what others thought.

With Pavlich and Tarrant Freo have no major need for a 3rd key position Full Forward and would be willing to part for a 2nd round pick and a fringe player.

This 22 year old Strong player is mobile, tough, young, skillful and most importantly the answer to when Neitz retires. With Newton at CHF. Or hell Newton Full Forward and Murhpy CHF, both could play either.

I know this probably will not happen asit has not been mentioned but I think it would be the pick up of the off-season. A fully developed first round draft pick in Murphy would be fantastic.

If we could pull it off it would be a great trade. Exactly what we need.

I dont think we could pull it off with brad miller and pick 20. Maybe our PP and brad miller

I don't know exactly what would be needed but I think freo would take a punt on Miller. a 2nd round pick like 20 and Miller would make them think, but of course we may have to wheel and deal a bit to sweeten it for freo.

You would find alot of other clubs might like a Brad MIller. Alot of people from Richmond said, why would you want a David Rodan. He is re-invigorated. Miller is seen by other clubs as a player down on form still, not bad. Teams would def take a punt on a tough key position player, always.

You would find alot of other clubs might like a Brad MIller. Alot of people from Richmond said, why would you want a David Rodan. He is re-invigorated. Miller is seen by other clubs as a player down on form still, not bad. Teams would def take a punt on a tough key position player, always.

Perhaps, but he would only attract a late round pick, tryint to use him to snare someone like Ryan Murphy is unrealistic

Brad Miller is always the target in threads and I think his treatment is harsh. What he needs is to play permanently on the forward line where he clearly plays his best football (evidenced by last years final against Freo) and a new coach that can mentor him and get the best out of him.

The trouble is that he has been pushed down the backline because Bate has taken up his forward position and Bate is a front runner who has no physical impact on a game like a good CHF should have. At least Miller is capable of doing this but he just needs to build his confidence back.

Incidentally I think Ryan Murphy would be a good asset for the MFC but trade Bate instead!

Brad Miller is always the target in threads and I think his treatment is harsh. What he needs is to play permanently on the forward line where he clearly plays his best football (evidenced by last years final against Freo) and a new coach that can mentor him and get the best out of him.

The trouble is that he has been pushed down the backline because Bate has taken up his forward position and Bate is a front runner who has no physical impact on a game like a good CHF should have. At least Miller is capable of doing this but he just needs to build his confidence back.

Incidentally I think Ryan Murphy would be a good asset for the MFC but trade Bate instead!

You're a brave person to post that here, but I agree with you, Bate is not a CHF.

With Miller do you think that Daniher & co have misused him? My old man believes that, I'm not sure just yet.

Pun of course not intended.

Murphy is actually 192cm, like Bate, but is heavier.

You're a brave person to post that here, but I agree with you, Bate is not a CHF.

With Miller do you think that Daniher & co have misused him? My old man believes that, I'm not sure just yet.

I think Miller hit the scene with a lot of aggression in his play and was a fierce competitor. He got reported a few times was elevated to the leadership group and was told to restrain his on field actions. The problem is that he went too far the other way and has lost that aggression that made us all think early on in his career that he was going to be the next big thing.

Daniher did mismanage him because he played him too often on the backline. Also Miller lost all confidence and ND & co did not appear to work with him so that his natural aggressive nature was retained and converted to attacking the ball. His lack of confidence is evident by the amount of times he prefers to handball rather than kick (ie dishing off responsiblity of the upfield delivery to someone else) but as was seen by his goal on the weekend he has improved much in that area.

A good coach like Sheedy will bring the best out of Miller. I would hate to see him go to another club and develop into a top line player.

I recently saw in another thread the idea of someone which I considered pure GENIUS.

what's with the love affair with Ryan Murphy. I haven't seen much Freo play but he hasn't exactly set the world on fire this year. He was brilliant in the finals against us but grgic's also played some good games against geelong and was then traded to them.

Mcdougall's also played a few good games n was a top draft pick too so is Murphy that good or is he overrated cause he killed us.

Perhaps, but he would only attract a late round pick, tryint to use him to snare someone like Ryan Murphy is unrealistic

Its not just Miller in the deal. Pick 20 as well. Top 2nd round pick and a decent player.

Also the reason for the love affair with Murphy Jacey is that he is only 22 and its hard to set the world on fire with Pavlich, Tarrant and him in the forward line.

I am not a miller lover but can every one remember he is a pick 55 in a draft and not a top 10.

If he was a top 10 it would be fair to say that he has not lived up to expectations.

How many stars have come from picks 55 onwards.

Maybe he played above himself when he first started and is now playing like a pick 55.

Its not just Miller in the deal. Pick 20 as well. Top 2nd round pick and a decent player.

Also the reason for the love affair with Murphy Jacey is that he is only 22 and its hard to set the world on fire with Pavlich, Tarrant and him in the forward line.

I agree with you that Murphy would be a great get, and perhaps this deal might work.

I agree with getting Warnock a 200+cm ruckman but he would cost us a lot more than Murphy who is playing well at WAFL level. I don't think he is worth a early second round pick though, should be able to get him with our third round pick.

I got so excited by the prospect of this 196cm Full Forward coming to Melbourne I just had to see what others thought.

With Pavlich and Tarrant Freo have no major need for a 3rd key position Full Forward and would be willing to part for a 2nd round pick and a fringe player.

This 22 year old Strong player is mobile, tough, young, skillful and most importantly the answer to when Neitz retires. With Newton at CHF. Or hell Newton Full Forward and Murhpy CHF, both could play either.

I know this probably will not happen asit has not been mentioned but I think it would be the pick up of the off-season. A fully developed first round draft pick in Murphy would be fantastic.

You were so excited you had to make another trate on the same subject content. Congratulations.....not