Match of the Century (Tank Talk Merged)

It amazes me that some people just plain don't get it.

Fine form Redleg.

Many who have been arguing against this issue I think should have probably seen the light and gone to ground.

I dont think Carlton are good enough to tank it at the micro level on the ground but FCS they have given the best impression of it at the selection table and through the interchange.

What annoys me is that we will probably find a way to win it! :angry:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the tigers win next sat v the saint the loser of our game gets the #1 draft pick and in carltons case picks 1 and 2

God I'll Spew if carlton get the 1st pick, and if they possibly got the 2nd as well.........well words can't describe how angry i would be.

Every team will be hoping the Blues beat us. If we win every team drops back a pick in the first round.

It would obviously be better for us to lose but i think Ratten will probably 'out tank' us. He has already got his job sewn up for the next two years so he will not give a stuff how bad it looks.

I hope we rest Neita this week given his knee is a bit 'dodgy'. Hopefully White gets splinters from sitting on the bench all day.

If the tigers win next sat v the saint the loser of our game gets the #1 draft pick and in carltons case picks 1 and 2

God I'll Spew if carlton get the 1st pick, and if they possibly got the 2nd as well.........well words can't describe how angry i would be.

Get your bucket ready.

I went to that game too. Of course I didn't cheer Sydney. Just sat there quietly hoping they'd run over us, which they did. I also love the feeling of a win - but not when it costs you Brock McLean in the draft! That kinda makes the win an empty feeling!

Any nice feelings associated with a win in those circumstances is short-term. I'm happy to sacrifice short-term gain for long-term gain.

Scoop, it's not just us missing a potential gun kid by us winning - but if carlton get the priority, well it's like a 2 game turnaround. They'll get 1st & 3rd crack at all the goodies in both nat' & pre drafts & we'll be trying to compete with these bastardos in 2 - 3 seasons time when Neitz, White, Robbo, Mcdonald, the bruiser Bruce, Green, are all finished.

We'll be rebuilding again.

Trade now!!!!!!!!!

Round 22

WILL THIS DO

from my AFL Ladder Predictor

TD* coll Adel 6 pts

MCG Rich st-k 18 pts

Sub WC ess 6 pts

Gabba* bris Geel 6 pts

AAMI* Port frem 6 pts

SCG syd Haw 6 pts

TD WB kang 6 pts

MCG dees Carl 6 pts

Predicted Ladder # Team Pl W L D PF PA Pt Perc

1 Geelong 22 18 4 0 2500 1658 72 150.7

2 Port Adel 22 15 7 0 2300 2050 60 112.1

3 West Coast 22 15 7 0 2133 1908 60 111.7

4 Hawthorn 22 14 8 0 2131 1811 56 117.6

5 Kangaroos 22 13 9 0 2123 2008 52 105.7

6 Collingwood 22 13 9 0 2033 2001 52 101.5

8 Adelaide 22 12 10 0 1890 1734 48 108.9

7 Sydney 22 11 10 1 1987 1732 46 114.7

9 St Kilda 22 10 11 1 1863 1958 42 95.1

13 W Bulldogs 22 10 11 1 2121 2409 42 88.0

10 Bris Lions 22 9 11 2 1980 1843 40 107.4

11 Fremantle 22 10 12 0 2266 2184 40 103.7

12 Essendon 22 10 12 0 2157 2365 40 91.2

15 Carlton 22 5 17 0 2162 2869 20 75.3

16 Richmond 22 4 17 1 1975 2526 18 78.1

14 Melbourne 22 4 18 0 1848 2413 16 76.5 = Kreuzer +

Looks like the St Kilda-Melbourne double is the lock of the week. Think I'll get down to the TAB and have a flutter - paying ~$1.66 it would seem.

It's a never-to-be-repeated twist on the old "happiness hedge" of backing the team you want to lose - only this time I want those Demons going down in the fourth. If the Dees have to win I'm at least going to profit from it! (Along with those Blue bastards!) <_<

Scoop, it's not just us missing a potential gun kid by us winning - but if carlton get the priority, well it's like a 2 game turnaround. They'll get 1st & 3rd crack at all the goodies in both nat' & pre drafts & we'll be trying to compete with these bastardos in 2 - 3 seasons time when Neitz, White, Robbo, Mcdonald, the bruiser Bruce, Green, are all finished.

We'll be rebuilding again.

Trade now!!!!!!!!!

True DV8.

I was thinking the same Tim!

Apparently one of the biggest tanks designed in WWII was called the Landkreuzer. Ironic?

True DV8.

I was thinking the same Tim!

Apparently one of the biggest tanks designed in WWII was called the Landkreuzer. Ironic?

Eureka, I think I found It, - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreuzer_P._1500_Monster

Purpose

This "land-kreuzer" was planned as a self-propelled platform for the 80-cm K (E) guns also made by Krupp - the largest artillery weapons ever built. Their 7 tonne projectiles could be fired up to 37 km (23 miles) and were designed for use against heavily fortified targets. :o

I want to Melbourne to tank and ensure we dont win, so we can get better draft picks.

Winning will not benefit the players or the Team with our season stuffed so we might as well get something out of it.

If scores are level and we have the ball in the defensive fifty with seconds remaining I hope our player turns around a kicks a point.

Or if we are behind by a point with seconds remaining and someone has the ball inside our fifty Go to the wing out of bounds after all we wouldnt want the Blues trying to rush a point.

I will laugh if it is within a point nearing the end, it will be the most exciting game of the year.

Go Blues :lol:

This match reminds me of the Cycling race the Kieren ( think its that ) one where each tries to psych out the other .. Same thing this game of footy except you want to trick the other team into playing when you're not !! lol

Now Demetriou is getting desperate. After telling us we are naive to think that AFL Clubs could consider tanking, he's now warning coaches they might lose their jobs, and that Clubs will lose TV exposure, and drop members and sponsorships if they don't go flat out.(along with a few other unrealistic,hollow threats).

Poor old Kouta, he must be so naive to think that the Club he loves could possibly even think about not beating Melb on Sunday, but I suppose Demetriou knows more than he does about the inner workings of Carlton.

Melbourne should make sure no-one connected with the Club makes gaffes like Kouta. The official line must be...."of course we'll go flat out.....we want to carry winning momentum into next season". When Sunday comes, however, our footy dept must be deadly serious about giving us the worst possible chance.

Has anyone been monitoring the Carlton unofficial websites?

Are any of their posters naively suggesting their Club should go "flat out" on Sunday, to gain some momentum to take them into next year? I doubt it!!!

Does anyone know the name of their sites? I'd like to have a look.

You'll be surprised, I only know of their board on bigfooty and a member writes:

"All this tanking talk is developing a losing culture at our proud club, I don't want to see us act like St Kilda fans and support losing.. My club wins games they don't throw them and I will be cheering for the blues to win as loud as i have ever this week"

I want to win............next year! :) with a glorius early draft pick. But more so i just don't want carlton to get the number 1 draft pick, i want them to have at earliest #3, i want them to suffer to cheating and getting a premiership from cheating. I want them to suffer for years to come, if that means losing this week, well then we should lay down and get flogged!

I have noticed that lyon and walls are tipping carlton to win more or less on the basis that we will struggle to field a side.

Caro wilson sadi this would be the first time carlton fans have not cheered when they heard Neitz was out of the line up.

I just realised ANOTHER reason why we should lose on Sunday. Supposing we have another nightmare season next year, making 2 years in succession with 4 wins or less ,we'd get a priority pick. God forbid this situation should occur, but if it did, it's best to get maximum drafting benefit.