Official Team changes

LeBron James

Just the first quarter, in which Brown kicked a few goals, set others up and had 7 possessions... for the rest of the game he only got about 6 more

so it sounds like he got beaten. but 2 goals and 7 possessions is hardly "destroyed" is it?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so it sounds like he got beaten. but 2 goals and 7 possessions is hardly "destroyed" is it?

One of those goals was clearly a free kick, he had his hands right in the middle of Bell's back then sheepishly looked at the umpire after taking the mark, so call it 1 goal and 6 touches, still not too bad.

lucas is listed as 192cm and 98 kg's, too big for bell 186 and 89. bizzell is listed as 188 and 85 which is still too small...wheatly is not big enough either (at 189).

i think that we'll either see a late change, neitz out, miller in, and miller will take lucas...

or, out of left field, bell goes to lloyd and carroll gets lucas. they are better match ups than any other combination i can think of...although i think lloyd could cause us all sorts of problems then...bell will at least match lloyd for pace and his spoiling from behind on the lead is fantastic, while lucas will definitely be too strong for him, better suited to carroll. this will have the effect of pushing carroll away from goal, and we have had a reluctance to do this, carroll normally takes whoever stays in the square. but i cant see any other combination really...

One of those goals was clearly a free kick, he had his hands right in the middle of Bell's back then sheepishly looked at the umpire after taking the mark, so call it 1 goal and 6 touches, still not too bad.

its a good return, and you would call it a win for richmond in that match up. but destroyed is a term i would use when a player boots a bag of goals on you, takes 15 marks, and has 35 touches. not 1 and 6 as discussed.

I'd like to see a bit more of Chris Jounson under Riley, see if he responds better. IMHO he has superb skills but lacks intensity more often than not. I have seen a couple of games where he threw caution to the wind and was desparate for the pill, had a red hot go. At other times he's been missing and slow. I would give him the rest of the year to show his stuff. He was also in great form during the preseason.

CJ should not be on an afl list at years end.

Surely you jest!

We picked him up in the 2003 draft.........the following players are having breakout seasons this year, and were picked up 1-2 years earlier than Johnson.

2002 Draft

Hamish McIntosh

Jason Winderlich

Daniel Bell

Tim Boyle

2001 Draft

Graham Polak

Has definitely shown enough to persist with, and I expect he will see more game time now before the end of the year.

All players adjust at different speeds......to delist him would be ridiculous!

its a good return, and you would call it a win for richmond in that match up. but destroyed is a term i would use when a player boots a bag of goals on you, takes 15 marks, and has 35 touches. not 1 and 6 as discussed.

I really like Bell but he was smashed by N Brown in the first quarter last week and it gave the tigers a spark. The 7 possessions and 2 goals were in about the first 15 mins too and from memory, two of those other possessions directly resulted in goals.

Bell doesn't strike me as a confidence player though (I mean that in a positive way) so a job on Lucas or Lloyd may not be too bad. Probably prefer to give him Lucas as despite Lucas being much bigger than Lloyd, he doesn't seem as strong or as confident/capable of taking marks in a one on one wrestle.

Carroll is a better matchup for Lloyd for that reason.

CJ should not be on an afl list at years end.

2003 National Draft 3 Colin Sylvia Bendigo U18

2003 National Draft 5 Brock McLean Calder Cannons

2003 National Draft 36 Chris Johnson East Fremantle Football Club

CJ was taken as pick 36 he just needs more time.

If he had of been pick 3 or 5 then maybe we could complain.

NEWTON NEWTON NEWTON OI OI OI!!!

CJ was a father son pick touted to be a top 10 at the time.

I don't mean to state the bleeding obvious, but he did barrcked for Melbourne as a kid,

so LEAVE THE KID ALONE!!!

Give him time, he will be alright.

I don't know where to start with this post so I'll only pick three things.

Firstly, you are wrong on CJ, completely.

Secondly, your comment on Frawley doesn't make any sense at all. He'll be cherry ripe if has a good pre-season, playing with Sandy for the rest of the season will have no impact at all in terms of being ready next year.

Thirdly, we need to build for the future, and I can guarantee you that Ward and Brown will never play in a premiership for Melbourne, CJ and Buckley should be playing instead. Then at least we'll have a better understandng of what they're capable of.

Frawley playing at sandy as key position defender full games will improve his development. wen he plays for seniors he plays half games as a flanker.

That's why him playing a few games for sandy will help him be ready to hit the afl hard next season. (of coarse he should still play a few senior games)

and that suggestion makes alot of sense. most key postion players need development at vfl level before they make an impact in afl.

secondly, while i agree we should be playing for the future, buckley does not seem to be ready to hit the afl. why push him out of his depths before he's ready. he should be put into the team after being in the bests for sandy a few weeks in a row.

it really bothers me when people wanna just chuck youngsters in the team for the sake of making the team younger. the young guyz need their development period, and buckley's time will come, just at Newtons has just arrived. Just let the kid develop at his own rate FFS

lastly, everyone seems to be vehemently defending CJ. I hope u guyz are right and he becomes a star, but after an extremely promising preseason he has failed miserably this year. in the afl level he was absolute crap, and he hasnt been consistently in the best an sandy either. I think people who defend him are just annoyed that some people have a harsh opinion on a player who's dad was such a good player. he is not up to it. He is slow, and his decision making and peripheral vision are below standard. he also is not a hard nut either. except for good skills he does not have an exceptional chacarteristic (like pace,hardness,decisionmaking, or football nous) that elps get players from vfl level to great afl players.

good on him if he proves me wrong!

i stand by my original post

They are coming off a 5 day break!!! You can't play everyone!!

I didn't say play everyone, but there are a few options ahead of Brown.

Yes, a 5 day break is not ideal, but I still don't know how we're going to counter Essendon's backline given we drop Holland (no match-up for him, agreed) and Frawley (seems like a good match-up for Lucas) and bring in Brown (who will he play on, Alwyn Davey? :wacko: ).

I didn't say play everyone, but there are a few options ahead of Brown.

Yes, a 5 day break is not ideal, but I still don't know how we're going to counter Essendon's backline given we drop Holland (no match-up for him, agreed) and Frawley (seems like a good match-up for Lucas) and bring in Brown (who will he play on, Alwyn Davey? :wacko: ).

Dutchy wasn't dropped, he has a "broken nose". ;)

I hope this is not official.

Why drop Frawley for Brown, and where's CJ/Whelan/Dunn/Buckley?

Thank god there is only 10 more weeks left, until we get new people doing team selections.

BIG RED SIGNING IN:

There was never going to be wholsale changes particularly with younger players on a 5 day turn around. Only Newton played last week and by all reports was rested in the last. Surprised at the non-inclusion of Whelan though. Best of luck Newts on debut. Hopefully the kid has/will be told that he will be played for x weeks to remove any pressure.

I hope it is not the case but I would not be suprised if ND had wanted Brown to play in his last game as he would be close to his favourite player I would think over his time coaching the Dees.

Frawley needs a full run at Sandy. Bell will play on lucas (ala Harry O and Campbell Brown).

hmmm....

the thick plottens !!! yet again.

Whilst seemingly on th esurface to be reasonable changes there is an odour of collusion. Would Neeta have played tonight had not the weeks events unravelled as they have ? No I doubt it. Can I blame him or anyone f selecton inthis Neales last game ? NO !! Juice is in almost as some perverted recognition I feel of the angst felt by the suppporter fraternity. The whole thing smacks more of a "show" than any normal game selection.

Well let it be such then. Its not like our season s going anywhere fast.

Frawley playing at sandy as key position defender full games will improve his development. wen he plays for seniors he plays half games as a flanker.

That's why him playing a few games for sandy will help him be ready to hit the afl hard next season. (of coarse he should still play a few senior games)

and that suggestion makes alot of sense. most key postion players need development at vfl level before they make an impact in afl.

He'll get more development playing alongside Bizzell rather than Lamb, Miller and Ferguson. I'll use Rivers as an example.

secondly, while i agree we should be playing for the future, buckley does not seem to be ready to hit the afl. why push him out of his depths before he's ready. he should be put into the team after being in the bests for sandy a few weeks in a row.

it really bothers me when people wanna just chuck youngsters in the team for the sake of making the team younger. the young guyz need their development period, and buckley's time will come, just at Newtons has just arrived. Just let the kid develop at his own rate FFS

Buckley's form at Sandy has been as good as Brown who just isn't up to consistent AFL standard performances any more. It's a selection that has more to do with Daniher than our future.

lastly, everyone seems to be vehemently defending CJ. I hope u guyz are right and he becomes a star, but after an extremely promising preseason he has failed miserably this year. in the afl level he was absolute crap, and he hasnt been consistently in the best an sandy either. I think people who defend him are just annoyed that some people have a harsh opinion on a player who's dad was such a good player. he is not up to it. He is slow, and his decision making and peripheral vision are below standard. he also is not a hard nut either. except for good skills he does not have an exceptional chacarteristic (like pace,hardness,decisionmaking, or football nous) that elps get players from vfl level to great afl players.

good on him if he proves me wrong!

i stand by my original post

His first 16 games have been as good and probably better than the bloke who you got your username from, but he was given more opportunities because he was a number two pick. I don't think anyone is capable of judging him yet because we haven't seen enough of him with Melbourne.

Also compare Brown's first four years, he was even worse than CJ but was still given more opportunities.

Well thank goodness he has been selected for tonight's game......

Hopefully this will now dull the machiavellian hysteria that has been growing around here.

And then we can all breath again ;) :D !!!