Daniher Should Walk

mikeod

Chairman Paul Gardner said Daniher would coach till the end of the season 'come what may'.

There is no way Daniher should be permitted to lead this team for the rest of the season after that display. It was embarrassing.

I had never left so early as I did tonight. I haven't seen the current scores and I just don't care.

Absolutely pathetic.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walk all the way to the top of the Westgate Bridge mod edit.

FCS I am just so angry - why, why, why??????????????

What the hell is wrong with the club??????

Gardiner should take the walk with ND I reckon.

How could he even consider reappointing ND???????????????????????????

Prediction: Membership will slump to <10K if he is reappointed.

I have no interest in watching another football game this season...

I have actually never seen less effort put in by the players, nor have I seen a more inept structure from the coaching staff.

What was on display tonight was designed solely to lose support for the club.

I have been a Daniher supporter, but he has losing me tonight. Unfortunately Im not sure if it is him or the players

All of Jades Fav's have been nowhere tonight, Brock I think only had about 2 Posi's to Half time.

Just looking at ND on TV - looks like a rabbit in the spotlight - unfortunately the analongy ends there as the rabbit usualy succumbs immediately, and incidentally doesn't drag down his whole "family" ie the MFC and supporters, with him.

GO!!!

LEAVE!!!

Maybe we're looking at this the wrong way...

Does Daniher want to go? Does he want to join Essendon? Has he now lost all interest in Melbourne?

How they could have not gone man on man earlier in the game is simply astounding. Is there something going on?

Some of the posts on this thread are "Dumb", mainly from emotion.

I agree with much of the sentiment however I cannot agree that as a football club our sole goal was to "lose support for the club". Dumb comment.

The comments regarding Paul Gardner taking the walk are "dumb". Paul is a fantastic chairman and is doing a pretty good job in his department.

Dumb comment.

Dumber football, dumber coaching.

I agree with the title though, goodbye Neale.

The comment about losing support needs to be read more 'it seemed as though..."...

Fair enough.

How should I read this attack on the integrity of Neale Daniher? Does Daniher want to go? Does he want to join Essendon? Has he now lost all interest in Melbourne?

Fair enough.

How should I read this attack on the integrity of Neale Daniher? Does Daniher want to go? Does he want to join Essendon? Has he now lost all interest in Melbourne?

You should read it as it sounds...

I'm questioning him.

Way too harsh on Gardner Mono. You can't blame him for the coaching performance tonight.

I'm sure he's spending restless nights right now over ND's coaching tenure or potential replacement.

However give him his due. Gardner's got the club back into some sort of black considering our previous debt and he's working hard at cementing us as one of the key Melbourne/Australian sporting clubs with a stronger identity and better home base than we currently have. The "group of Melbourne sporting clubs" announced last week is a positive move.

What else would you expect Gardner to do? Sack the coach now?

Smells like teen spirit? Sorry, smells like St Kilda.

ND may go. Believe it or not, Gardner and the board will make the decision at the end of the season.

Hold your breath.

if he had any dignity or any feelings for the club like he and the players suggest he would leave now.....

a more pathetic effort i have not seen.....but i was expecting it..said to my brother at 6.45pm when we got to the game...that i could see us getting thrashed...why??...becuase we won two game sina row and they were talking about finals...thats after 9 losses..only pathetic leadership does that

Amazing that the players seem to have got off scott free.

When we play well its the players when we play badly its the coach.

This sort of debacle runs right through the Club. Its interesting that the coach takes all the dive.

rhino for me the players havent got off scott free, i just havent had the time to rant about them yet

but our game plan (or lack of) was so far off the mark it was insane, holland should never had played on richo, we let them have 2 loose defenders for ages, green and bruce in the back pocket at the same time! i mean if teams want to drag bruce and green back there ND should tell them to stay in the middle and for them to pick up the FP player who moves up the ground, richmond did what we did to the pies with the huddle and we put out no wide player and they got it away so easy.

Way too harsh on Gardner Mono. You can't blame him for the coaching performance tonight.

I'm sure he's spending restless nights right now over ND's coaching tenure or potential replacement.

However give him his due. Gardner's got the club back into some sort of black considering our previous debt and he's working hard at cementing us as one of the key Melbourne/Australian sporting clubs with a stronger identity and better home base than we currently have. The "group of Melbourne sporting clubs" announced last week is a positive move.

What else would you expect Gardner to do? Sack the coach now?

Smells like teen spirit? Sorry, smells like St Kilda.

ND may go. Believe it or not, Gardner and the board will make the decision at the end of the season.

Hold your breath.

Yeah - mea culpa.

But IF Gardiner reappoints ND then I will revisit this post.

Just bloody frustrated by what little he is able to get out of what I truly beleive is a top rate group.\ of players. Pity we don't get to see our younger forwards though - Dunn, out of form from being played out of position; Garland given about 30 minutes game time v Sydney in his only game, playing in a team out of confidence and spirit; Newton, who?????

ND - take a trip to a Sandy game and open your eyes.

What concerns me is that his knee jerk reaction will be to reinstate Miller regardless of his form, and carrry on with those who will never win us a flag. FCS he even named Brown as an emergency?? Great forward vision that.

maybe we could pick up chris connolly next year and get even less out of them. seriously though, is there anyone out there who is likely to get the gig?

Amazing that the players seem to have got off scott free.

When we play well its the players when we play badly its the coach.

This sort of debacle runs right through the Club. Its interesting that the coach takes all the dive.

The players should get a LOT of the blame.

For me to sit at a game and actually wonder what the hell is going on with Brock McLean, well that is just unheard of.

I was thrilled to see him toss the coin, and it went horribly down hill from there.

I blame Daniher solely for selecting an unfit Yze ahead of the 3 tall forwards he had at Sandringham. I also blame him for not making Richmond's loose man accountable for half the match.

I blame him for letting Godfrey get so much of the ball then turning it over.

I blame him for the forward structure, and his persistence with PJ who cannot mark to save himself.

What I don't blame him for is players not hitting targets, players not chasing, players showing NOTHING. Not even our best player and future leader in Brock McLean was in any way, shape or form impressive tonight, but this is his first poor game at the club... how many poor performances have Neale put it?

I am gutted. Getting smashed by Richmond... it does not get any lower than that.

Great post Jaded and I share your fury.

I'll puke if I hear one of senior list players trot those banal comments of showing leadership and working hard as a team. No of them should utter another word. Its only actions on the field that count. And most of them have a low low score when the heat is on.

Waited until 11pm on 774 waiting for his press conference - didn't show!!

I guess he has said "didn't come to play"...."outmarked".."outplayed" etc so many times that he had nothing to add.

Has he ever even once admitted to being outcoached or outsmarted, or outslected??????

Listening to Dermie at half time on SEN. Was saying that this is the type of game the board will look at unfavourably when decision time comes about NDs future. Not only losing to Richmond with a good side in, but getting pumped.

The board must know If ND is reappointed that membership numbers will drop.

There is only one answer, and we all know what that is.

Time to go ND

We had our slump this year, we got players back and we won a couple of games and lost a couple we should have won, but we put in, but not tonight, this was a defining game showing MFC's lack of ticker and its time to say , enough is enough, if you serve that crap up, then the coach has to go, if not are we condoning that insipidness.