Dees V Essendon....TICKETED GAME

True Believer

Just to remind everyone, that Essendon games at Telstra are TICKETED GAMES and you need to buy your tickets in advance.

Been warned.

It's really very cheap to get a ticket if you've got a 17-game membership (which you should all have! ;)).

A level 3 seat costs $3.25

(Premium seats are around $27 if anyone is desperate to get a look at Matthew Lloyd's nose hair).

Just make sure that when you book online, you enter your membership barcode.

its an away game isnt it? hmmm already booked in for more tattooing.....hmmmm might give this one a miss

A perfect example of why we put in terrible away crowds...

I haven't missed a game this year, and if it was a home game i wouldn't miss it either.

Considering i already have a booking on that night i think ill keep it.

If i didn't already have the booking i'd go, not too easy to get a friday night or saturday booking, this one was booked a month in advance.

I haven't missed a game this year, and if it was a home game i wouldn't miss it either.

Considering i already have a booking on that night i think ill keep it.

If i didn't already have the booking i'd go, not too easy to get a friday night or saturday booking, this one was booked a month in advance.

It's actually disgusting how TD works. Thank goodness we haven't gone that way - I would be so [censored] off if I was an Essendon supporter. They are consistently over-charging and shutting out fans, when there is an emply facility down the road. It epitomises what has happened to ruin this once great game. I am an AFL MFC club support member, and there is not a ticket available at all 2 weeks before the event. The Ticketmaster website is a piece of s*it, so it's trial and error on any other tickets. I am currently on hold to ticketmaster, have been for 30 minutes and counting. They talk at you and give you all their terms and conditions, and it is just a totally unsatisfactory situation.

I can, it appears, buy expensive general admission tickets. It's the biggest fraud going around that AFL membership gives you access to every game in Melbourne. SO ANGRY

A perfect example of why we put in terrible away crowds...

why? do we have a large number of supporters who get tattoos done during games? maybe thats a market we should be appealing too... :lol:

I am an AFL MFC club support member, and there is not a ticket available at all 2 weeks before the event. The Ticketmaster website is a piece of s*it, so it's trial and error on any other tickets. I am currently on hold to ticketmaster, have been for 30 minutes and counting. They talk at you and give you all their terms and conditions, and it is just a totally unsatisfactory situation.

I'm also an AFL member with MFC support.

Just went down to Ticketmaster and bought a ticket for $5.50 on the top level. Great seat, second row on the aisle. Got nothing to complain about. Infact couldn't be happier.

why? do we have a large number of supporters who get tattoos done during games? maybe thats a market we should be appealing too... :lol:

i actually thought it was a saturday game, but after thinking about it ill get it moved to another day and go to the game, do we have to wait unitl next monday before we can book a ticket?

i actually thought it was a saturday game, but after thinking about it ill get it moved to another day and go to the game, do we have to wait unitl next monday before we can book a ticket?

Nope.

We got ours already as I had to get tickets for both Melbourne and Essendon members.

Lol no smart arse, I know melbourne "supporters" who say "Oh that is an away game, so it's ok if I do Activity B instead that day". But I know condemned is a good supporter and is now doing the right thing. :)

Lol no smart arse, I know melbourne "supporters" who say "Oh that is an away game, so it's ok if I do Activity B instead that day". But I know condemned is a good supporter and is now doing the right thing. :)

lol just joshin ya.

but in all honesty, i dont care what they do at away games as long as they make ALL homegames they can. crowds at away games are good, but no where near as important...

In the same breath though madness, i sometimes have to give up a away game to keep the overlord happy.

Though i have a great overlord, who maybe once a year (sometimes never) wants me to do something with her, but knows that home games are a no no.

I'm also an AFL member with MFC support.

Just went down to Ticketmaster and bought a ticket for $5.50 on the top level. Great seat, second row on the aisle. Got nothing to complain about. Infact couldn't be happier.

Well that only pisses me off 100 times more. It said there was no tickets at all for AFL members, so I rang them, waited some stupid amount of time on Ticketmaster, to be told I have to book general admission. Then they release more. I went to to book best available on level 3 GA, and went backwards and forwards on the browser for 20 minutes until they actually did give me the best seats available - instead of the pocket. Of course, I could have booked on the phone... for a small fee of $7.50.

Seriously, TD is a disgrace. Only a few weeks ago they weren't letting people out. It's one big television studio, they lie about attendances, the 2nd level sits half empty whilst others have to sit at the top of the 3rd level, and the AFL won't move games like Hawthorn v Essendon, despite promises to do so. They had a disgusting playing surface for years. It's about money, not the fans. Embarrassment. It really is the blister on the AFL's ass.

They shouldn't move the games.

Clubs like Essendon knew the size of the stadium when they signed on so stuff them, if they lose money because 20,000 people cant get in then thats there fault for having a home ground that holds 55,000 max.

Nope.

We got ours already as I had to get tickets for both Melbourne and Essendon members.

Jaded you know alot about footy and stuff ... this may be a very dumb question but if its a ticketed match it means you cant buy a ticket at the gate right???

because im one of the lazy people that buy tickets at the last minute would i be able to do that for melb n essedon game???

Jaded you know alot about footy and stuff ... this may be a very dumb question but if its a ticketed match it means you cant buy a ticket at the gate right???

because im one of the lazy people that buy tickets at the last minute would i be able to do that for melb n essedon game???

I'm pretty sure that you can buy a ticket at the gate, but the reason why it is a ticketed game is because it could be a sell-out, so they encourage you to pre-book a ticket.

Being lazy is not really a good excuse.

Just go to the website, buy a ticket, and if you have a printer choose the 'print ticket' option. You virtually get to sit on your arse while your tickets come to you (and you don't even have to pay extra).

It's not that difficult... pffft men! :rolleyes:;)

I'm pretty sure that you can buy a ticket at the gate, but the reason why it is a ticketed game is because it could be a sell-out, so they encourage you to pre-book a ticket.

Being lazy is not really a good excuse.

Just go to the website, buy a ticket, and if you have a printer choose the 'print ticket' option. You virtually get to sit on your arse while your tickets come to you (and you don't even have to pay extra).

Well I'm lazy, I always get my ticket at the game and never have a problem, you never know, something might come up and you've wasted money...

It essentially means there's allocated seating.

If you have a valid membership you can - as always, pending availability - secure a level 3 seat on the day but you need to collect a ticket from a ticketing booth (at no cost) as opposed to just scanning your m/ship.

Likewise the general public can get a level 3 seat on the day if tickets are still available.

(and you don't even have to pay extra).

Actually you do have to pay extra - iirc the booking fee is ~$5. If I did this every second week I'd be paying 1/3 of my yearly membership all over again just for the 'privilege' of securing a decent seat.

This of course is only an option if you can purchase online/over the phone (eg. have a credit card).

Actually you do have to pay extra - iirc the booking fee is ~$5. If I did this every second week I'd be paying 1/3 of my yearly membership all over again just for the 'privilege' of securing a decent seat.

This of course is only an option if you can purchase online/over the phone (eg. have a credit card).

If you choose to print the ticket, you won't be charged any handling fees.

At least I wasn't...