Christian Petracca

We clearly have a challenging situation here, there is no point denying it.

But denying that these situations never happen in footy clubs in silly talk as well. Point is that there is an issue here and the club now need to work through this challenge to get everyone on the same page again. This is what management is for.

I don't like hearing this talk as much as the next person but we can only trust the club to re-pitch to Trac that this is the best place to be, football wise, health wise etc. Like a long-term relationship sometimes commitment is a series of choices and re-choices along the way. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Agreed.

I thought the statement was dismissive and somewhat disrespectful of Trac.  Focusing on a locked in contract is hardly the way to embrace someone.

There appears to have been little engagement between Trac and the club since KB other than a short appearance at the captain's run a week or two ago..  The image of him sitting anonymously on his own at the back of a bay rather than the coaches box last Saturday does little to allay my concerns.

He is part of the Connor's stable and Connor's gets his players to where they want to be. 

If not this year then next if things aren't sorted.

From the vision I saw Trac was sitting in the back of the coaches box. 
Can anyone confirm?

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

29 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

I remember press releases that LJ was staying. Don’t take what the club says as Gospel 100% of the time. 

They are not going to come out and say yes, he asked for a trade - he is unhappy that we put him back on the field after his injury which nearly killed him. Our footy sucks, game plan is broken, other players are disheartened with the direction, our pre season didn’t hit the mark , so on and so on. 

No organisation in their right mind will admit their flaws, stuff ups and weaknesses publicly. 

But if you’re convinced there’s nothing to see here then I’m happy for you. I just don’t buy it so agree to disagree. 

Fair enough but if there was a market available to place a wager on Petracca staying I would put plenty at $1.01.

Anyone know when Petracca was in Noosa?

When asked about Petracca, Max said something like: 'He has a 5 year contract and had been in Noosa and he plans to speak with Petracca soon'. 

Petracca was at the game on Saturday night.  The news broke on Monday.  Max was interviewed yesterday but seemingly there was no time for our captain to phone/text ...

I'm getting the impression there isn't much engagement happening between the club and Christian ...

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

From the vision I saw Trac was sitting in the back of the coaches box. 
Can anyone confirm?

If that is the case I stand corrected.  I thought the commentator said at the back of a bay but may have misheard.

I reallllyyyy don't want to spend another offseason talking about whether Trac will stay/or not, and then whether he is truly committed, or seeing out a contract, or part of it, and as a result the ensuing scrutiny of our culture. We started 2024 with a spotlight on our culture - to the point where all our losses, or 'quiet games' from Clarry, or soft response games, were put down to poor culture. We have a very limited window to capitalise on Maxy/May - it's probably just 2025. ANB leaving does not help our chances, and other teams care catching/caught up/gone past us. We are going to have to make nothing but great decisions before the first bounce in 2025 to have a chance.

We need to convince the big names being talked about/on our shopping list (Houston, Callaghan etc) that we have our business together, and they will see success with us - and not be constantly harassed by the media for poor culture. It's a reality to say if those players have to decide between us (window closing, admittedly with some good junior talent - but not premiership winning, right now, junior talent), and the Hawks who are on the UP (frustratingly), with junior talent, and not a basket case, or Geelong (of course), they cannot be faulted for choosing other teams. We can't afford that. We have holes in the team that will need to be filled with plug and play stars. So if we are to be a chance next year, all of this [censored] has to stop NOW. I don't believe Morris, but it is quite possible Trac (and others, who knows?) has concerns that need to be sorted out - and it is evident, from our results and position this year, that things did not go to plan. Clearly some things were not sorted out in the 23-24 offseason (excluding the loss of Gus, of course - a big loss, and Trac later in the year). 

So, SORT THEM OUT NOW. Over to you, Roffey, Goody and Co. We have one chance here. We back you in, but I think there needs to be some ownership, accountability and forward thinking. 

GET US EXCITED!! 

Edited by Red But Mostly Blue
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

When asked about Petracca, Max said something like: 'He has a 5 year contract and had been in Noosa and he plans to speak with Petracca soon'. 

Petracca was at the game on Saturday night.  The news broke on Monday.  Max was interviewed yesterday but seemingly there was no time for our captain to phone/text ...

I'm getting the impression there isn't much engagement happening between the club and Christian ...

He was in Noosa a couple of weeks ago with his fiancé. He was posting photos and clips on his socials  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Heart Beats True said:

He was in Noosa a couple of weeks ago with his fiancé. He was posting photos and clips on his socials  

All the more reason for Max's comment about not contacting Christian seem odd ...

31 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

If that is the case I stand corrected.  I thought the commentator said at the back of a bay but may have misheard.

The shot of him had pretty dark lighting, anyone would have been forgiven for thinking it was at the Men's gallery. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I reckon everybody needs to suck up the pain and grow up. Winning is tough, so let's get tough.

Trac unhappy that he was made to post socials? Some people are starving. Others are forced to wear bags on their heads to please a fictional being in the sky otherwise they are raped and murdered. Get a real problem, or if you insist it is a real problem, learn your lesson and do better next time.

Don't like the coach? Go somewhere else. We need people who are committed to the team.

etc...

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

32 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

He was in Noosa for a couple of weeks, presumably once he was finally discharged from hospital.

He returned just prior to being photographed at training last week.

I heard him on the radio on his regular segments on NOVA and he was recuperating in Noosa while he couldn't run.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Demonland said:

He was in Noosa for a couple of weeks, presumably once he was finally discharged from hospital.

He returned just prior to being photographed at training last week.

I heard him on the radio on his regular segments on NOVA and he was recuperating in Noosa while he couldn't run.

All the more reason why it seems odd Max hadn't talked with Christian between Saturday's game and yesterday.

• Like 1

Tom Morris: Hi Christian. 

ANB: It’s Alex.

Tom Morris: We hear you’ve requested a trade, you must be disenchanted and disillusioned with the club. 

ANB: No, not at all. The decision to request a trade is purely for family reasons. 

Tom Morris: But, if players weren’t happy or enthusiastic about being at the club, would you then say that they would be disenchanted and disillusioned?

ANB: I suppose so. 

Tom Morris: Sounds like you’re saying that if players weren’t happy at the club that they’d then be disenchanted and disillusioned?

ANB: …

Tom Morris: Thanks, Christian. 

Tom Morris: In an exclusive, I sat down with Christian Petracca, who, in a bombshell admission, confirms he has requested a trade. Tune in later to also hear rumblings from Christian about his thoughts on disillusioned and disenchanted players. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 2
  • Clap 2

12 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

All the more reason why it seems odd Max hadn't talked with Christian between Saturday's game and yesterday.

Yeah something odd there for sure. He did initially say they were in constant dialogue and later contradicted himself. 

4 hours ago, Deelectable said:

You're kidding yourself if you think there's a snowflakes chance in hell that Petracca, and for that matter Oliver, leaves the club. Not sure if you quite know how the media works but it's sole intention is to stir up this sort of frenzy. Clearly succeeded on this issue. I don't mind Kane Cornes but I had to laugh when he used the phrase that Christian was ' possibly disgruntled '. Effin hilarious! That is code for we've made this up with no knowledge of the facts. Media Street 2024.

Tracc has quietly put the Club on notice to get it’s s$&@ together. 
Put everything on the table 

This whole exercise is actually a good thing. 
Should have been done last year…

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Grr-owl said:

I reckon everybody needs to suck up the pain and grow up. Winning is tough, so let's get tough.

Trac unhappy that he was made to post socials? Some people are starving. Others are forced to wear bags on their heads to please a fictional being in the sky otherwise they are raped and murdered. Get a real problem, or if you insist it is a real problem, learn your lesson and do better next time.

Don't like the coach? Go somewhere else. We need people who are committed to the team.

etc...

Yeah its very easy to preach all that from outside, but Trac is a generational talent of the like we have not had for decades prior. If you asked the average supporter who they would choose to stay at the club v Tracc I think there would be few or anyone we would choose over him. 

His frustrations could be about things that if we also knew we would be just as frustrated with - we just dont know other than the whispers that go around that may or may not be on the money. 

I want to take a moment to emphasize the importance of responsible posting. It's crucial that we avoid sharing unverified rumors, such as "I heard from a mate that [insert rumor here]." Spreading such unsubstantiated information can be harmful not only to the people involved but also to this community and to you as the poster.

It's important to distinguish between rumors and legitimate information. Sharing an article or opinion from a recognized media outlet is different because those outlets have already released it. However, when you post hearsay or gossip, it can lead to consequences, including the removal of your post—even if the majority of your post is acceptable.

Additionally, please be aware that certain words and phrases have been flagged for moderation. If your post contains any of these, it might not be published, regardless of how much of your post is otherwise fine.

I genuinely want this community to be a space where we can discuss important and serious topics, but there are boundaries that we all need to respect. Moderating these discussions is challenging, and while we strive to get it right, we need your cooperation to maintain the quality and integrity of our conversations.

So, before you hit "post," please take a moment to think about what you’re sharing. If it’s something you’ve heard from a friend of a friend, even if you believe it to be true, it’s better not to share it here. Remember, there are real people involved in these discussions, and your words have an impact.

Let’s work together to keep our community thoughtful, respectful, and responsible.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Tracc has quietly put the Club on notice to get it’s s$&@ together. 
Put everything on the table 

This whole exercise is actually a good thing. 
Should have been done last year…

If that's case, which I doubt, you're right. It's a positive.  Time for a shake up of assistant coaches and backroom staff. Helped us win a flag.  Think it will happen regardless. For me time for Stafford and Williams to move on at the very least. Chaplin has been there for a long time. Love Selwyn Griffith to look further afield paving the way for Darren Burgess return.  Unfortunately I think that's unlikely. 

On 12/08/2024 at 18:36, The Taciturn Demon said:

I've now come across this numerous times. Is that true?

I understand football is a brutal sport and the airbrushed veneer we see is vastly different to reality "inside the club", but demanding a badly injured player return to the field is nothing less than appalling in my eyes. 

At first it was said that it was Trac who wanted to stay out / return to the field. Trac indicated this himself. 
I think we should also be aware of the extreme pressures that his family are/ would be placing on the Club. Apparently no one visited him in the first 10/11 days and also if anyone’s the hospital photos of the first 4/5 days no one else would have got any where near Trac because he was surrounded completely. 

7 minutes ago, Demonland said:

I want to take a moment to emphasize the importance of responsible posting. It's crucial that we avoid sharing unverified rumors, such as "I heard from a mate that [insert rumor here]." Spreading such unsubstantiated information can be harmful not only to the people involved but also to this community and to you as the poster.

It's important to distinguish between rumors and legitimate information. Sharing an article or opinion from a recognized media outlet is different because those outlets have already released it. However, when you post hearsay or gossip, it can lead to consequences, including the removal of your post—even if the majority of your post is acceptable.

Additionally, please be aware that certain words and phrases have been flagged for moderation. If your post contains any of these, it might not be published, regardless of how much of your post is otherwise fine.

I genuinely want this community to be a space where we can discuss important and serious topics, but there are boundaries that we all need to respect. Moderating these discussions is challenging, and while we strive to get it right, we need your cooperation to maintain the quality and integrity of our conversations.

So, before you hit "post," please take a moment to think about what you’re sharing. If it’s something you’ve heard from a friend of a friend, even if you believe it to be true, it’s better not to share it here. Remember, there are real people involved in these discussions, and your words have an impact.

Let’s work together to keep our community thoughtful, respectful, and responsible.

Well spoken but this is an inflammatory thread and the club has spoken emphatically.  Not sure why you're choosing to keep it open. It's now a non story and you're inviting vitriol. 

• Facepalm 5

9 minutes ago, 58er said:

At first it was said that it was Trac who wanted to stay out / return to the field. Trac indicated this himself. 
I think we should also be aware of the extreme pressures that his family are/ would be placing on the Club. Apparently no one visited him in the first 10/11 days and also if anyone’s the hospital photos of the first 4/5 days no one else would have got any where near Trac because he was surrounded completely. 

If you read anything at all, you still find he was not allowed visitors apart from family and fiancee for about 10 days post injury.

• Like 1

So basically if we didn't have a snitching rat in our midst again, this whole issue would be just another day at a footy club, and we would all be none the wiser.

Whoever is leaking information out of the club needs to be removed from the club immediately! 

• Thinking 1

2 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Trac's been back since at least Friday, which is when he was seen at Captain's Run.

Gawn said he'd had some preliminary chats with him. There's every chance that's right - with Trac not in at the club with everyone else all the time, it could easily be a situation where they've said they want to chat properly in-person, not by text or over the phone or something. I know that if I were Gawn and I had a situation like this, I'd be offering to sit down with Trac and go through whatever's on his mind. If he has concerns, let's address them properly, in-person, not over the phone or by text.

Gawn was door-stopped, so he said what he could think of. I just wouldn't read too much into his choice of words. 

Also, like @Gator, I read the posts about the interview before seeing it and I had expected it to be far, far worse than what it really was.

• Like 1