Christian Petracca

1 minute ago, Travy14 said:

Not to mention if he is so "traumatised"  why does he want to go to the club that caused it? Surely seeing Moore again would be traumatic??

Obviously some truth here, but I hope it is a media over reach and not as bad as it looks.

So traumatized to fly to Europe for several weeks.

• Like 3

On the nuclear option this is a very risky choice as it goes both ways. ALL relevant facts from both parties will need to be tabled and investigated, and then the most likely outcome would be to force a trade to address the grievance (a bottom. 4 club will meet this). 

The trade only needs to satisfy the grievance, not the want!

• Like 3

Here's an idea.

If we can't get a deal that benefits the club he stays.

If he doesn't behave like a professional, we give his spot in our 22 list to the pick 5 from this year's draft.

Let's draft a ready made player that can impact at AFL level from the word go. Someone similar to JHF.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ElDiablo14 said:

So traumatized to fly to Europe for several weeks.

I mean he does that every year for his pre-season, I don't read into that too much.  And I'd probs want to get away atm too

• Like 1

If the rumours of his salary are correct we are in a world of hurt even if he goes. No club will take on that sort of contract without us paying some of it.

Problem is I reckon we'll be in more trouble if he stays after all the damage he's done and disharmony caused throughout the playing group, club and supporters.

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

Just now, Ungarieboy said:

On the nuclear option this is a very risky choice as it goes both ways. ALL relevant facts from both parties will need to be tabled and investigated, and then the most likely outcome would be to force a trade to address the grievance (a bottom. 4 club will meet this). 

The trade only needs to satisfy the grievance, not the want!

Spot on. I’m sorry, but whoever is dishing up legal advice to him, if it’s actually true, has NFI. He can do that and blow up himself and his brand, and he can get out of the contract, but in no world does that allow him to nominate his club of choice and the compensation.

It is a weak legal argument anyway, despite why Jon Ralph has been told. Facts are he posted that he made the call to go back on. The AFL medicos ticked off the procedures followed. The hospital took hours to find the bleeding. None of that amounts to a reasonably foreseeable breach of duty of care. Now, if there are other issues, for example, if he aired concerns about safety for players prior to this, which were ignored, then we have an issue. If the club isn’t consulting with a panel of legal experts right now, I’d be flabbergasted. It better not be Adrian Anderson

• Like 9
  • Clap 1

The suggestion is that these are the reasons as to why he wants to leave

- clubs poor dealing with the Oliver situation

- clubs dealing with his injury on kings birthday against Collingwood

- wants to play in front of big crowds

- clubs performance since winning the flag in 2021, two straight sets exits and not making the 8 this year

- moving to a big Victorian club will enhance his Petracca brand image, he makes alot of money with his social media and playing for a big club will endorse this further.

- he doesn’t like the hour drive to Casey.

Sounds like Trac is all about Trac if you believe these reports.

We have all loved Trac 💙❤️since he walked through the doors

option 1 if he wants out and it’s toxic ( as reported) then Dees must trade him.💔💔💔💔  Sad. Horrible. Ugly.  Grief.  But we’d all move on.  There is no point hanging onto a disgruntled player.  Get some value and show that the club is bigger than the individual.  

option 2 

Like Garry Lyon "On The Couch" said "I'm doubling down and stating that the Melbourne Football Club will not be trading Christian Petracca so it's up to Christian to walk back into the club and be a leader."  Goodwin and Pert has repeatedly said he will be in red and blue next year. 

Hes contracted for 5 more years.  That’s a commitment.  You don’t just walk away from $1million a year out of spite.  Dees didn’t cause his injury or his post surgery issues.  They gave him time.  They let him go to Noosa and develop more brand Petracca content.  

Whatever the issues, the media is loving the click bait.  They love love love the drama.  Like vultures circling.  

The silence is the killer.  No update from the club or indeed from Trac.  It lets the media control the story.  

Dees leaders say we have a great culture.  No issues. But all the words cannot override the js29 issue, the oliver issue and the Petracca issue.  A review is needed.  

• Like 2

I’m filthy with the club of what’s occurred since winning the flag and the missed opportunities, the handling of our off field issues with our players , Smith, Oliver and beyond. Equally Tracs on how he’s conducted himself wearing a hoodoo and basically saying I don’t want to engage ..who’s advising him??

let’s not forget Trac done his knee clowning around playing basketball when he was first drafted yet the club supported him… people have short memories of were they have come from

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

**A Heartfelt Request to Reconsider**❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️💙💙💙💙💙

🧙‍♂️Ray Taylor in the socials 

Hi Christian,

I hope this message finds you well. As a passionate supporter of the Melbourne Football Club, I have been truly inspired by your incredible talent, leadership, and dedication to the team over the years. You have been a vital part of our journey, and it's hard to imagine the club without you.

I recently heard about your indication to leave the MFC, and I wanted to reach out personally to ask if you might reconsider this decision. You have made such a significant impact here, both on and off the field, and it feels like there is still so much more that we can achieve together.

I understand that decisions like these are incredibly personal and can be influenced by many factors. If there’s anything the club or we, as fans, can do to support you and help change your mind, please let us know. The next six weeks are crucial, and we would be so grateful for any chance to continue seeing you in the red and blue.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. No matter what you decide, you will always have the unwavering support of myself and the entire MFC community. 

Wishing you all the best.  Ray 

we are all Ray 

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

23 minutes ago, Old Time Demon said:

I just read a 2018 thread on Demonland about Petracca.  The words "petulant", immature" and "tickets on himself" were some of the words used to describe him back then.  Quite prophetic really.

People forget, but up until that point he was an unfulfilled talent and a lot of fans were sick of him…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wheaters31 said:

Get him out.

If we force him to stay, he'll bugger off to Europe for the year and get paid to do nothing as he "recovers", then request a trade to the Pies at the end of season 2025.

Trade him now.

Get: 11, 31, Future 1st, Future 2nd and Adam Cerra

Give: Petracca (and his full contract)

That'll do.

Goodbye.

Given his alleged behaviour and $1.7mill baggage, this would be a massive win for us.

Imo he either plays with us or we get rid of him for what we believe to be unders.

Clubs will be super wary of his effect on their culture

8 minutes ago, Demonsone said:

I’m filthy with the club of what’s occurred since winning the flag and the missed opportunities, the handling of our off field issues with our players , Smith, Oliver and beyond. Equally Tracs on how he’s conducted himself wearing a hoodoo and basically saying I don’t want to engage ..who’s advising him??

let’s not forget Trac done his knee clowning around playing basketball when he was first drafted yet the club supported him… people have short memories of were they have come from

Please tell me how the club has mishandled the Smith and Clarrie issues? 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

2 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Given his alleged behaviour and $1.7mill baggage, this would be a massive win for us.

Imo he either plays with us or we get rid of him for what we believe to be unders.

Not sure.

i think clubs will be so dazzled by the idea of having him that they will talk themselves into thinking it’s a Melbourne thing not a Trac thing, and that it will go away when he moves. Good luck to them

• Like 1

Feels to me like the Peteacca camp is using his injury as leverage to force his way out to a big club.

If he has a grievance with the club, then he technically can leave to go to any club, not make a demand to go to a select few.

Even the complete silence into the Howie Podcast seems like it's been orchestrated to an extent to now garner more sympathy for his plight to leave. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Ungarieboy said:

Has anyone considered what effect Brayshaw no longer being at the club has had on him, the culture, etc. Is it true they've been mates since juniors.

Maynard (hit) - the gift that keeps on giving 

https://www.ntnews.com.au/sport/afl/cant-believe-it-demons-pregame-act-horrifies-footy-commentators/news-story/9beb6c2265f227815cc34ba6f633ae8f

• Like 1
  • Vomit 1

Just now, Undeeterred said:

Stopping it before it got out of hand would be one option they could have gone with 

You obviously don’t understand how mental health works. You cannot stop it before it gets out of hand. 

As for the other issue, you expect the club to know what each player is doing 24 hours pre game? Set up spy cameras perhaps?

Entirely naive if you think this is a Melbourne specific problem. He just was stupid enough to get caught. But this happens in every single club around the country. 
Willie Rioli says hi. As does Stengel. And the list goes on and on. 
I will say no more as I don’t want to get this site in trouble. But do your research. 

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

19 minutes ago, Demonsone said:

He broke a toe doing that, not his knee. Also he was a child when that happened lol, not sure on the relevance

43 minutes ago, Ungarieboy said:

Has anyone considered what effect Brayshaw no longer being at the club has had on him, the culture, etc. Is it true they've been mates since juniors.

Maynard (hit) - the gift that keeps on giving 

And yet he wants to go to the Pies and play with Maynard. Not that surprising really giving how friendly he was with him pre KB game. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The club can't control what Petracca does but can make changes to fix the issues within. And hey, perhaps those issues contributed to an environment that led to Petracca acting in the way he is now.

Players that love the "party life" huh? Are people so blinded by loyalty they can't see what's going on here? I'm as frustrated as the next supporter about all this and think Petracca has gone about it in the wrong way and is harming himself and the club in the process but this has been brewing for a long time and the club is to blame for not addressing the issues! Supporters who blindly follow the club and let the club leaders get away with it out of misguided loyalty are a big part of the problem too.

so whatever’s going wrong at the club is our fault?

Far out. 

What an absolutely ridiculous thing to say. 

The club’s problems are the problems of the board, management, FD etc. Supporters being loyal doesn’t change that. Collingwood supporters didn’t cause the Do Better issue. Hawthorn supporters didn’t cause the Cyril Rioli lawsuit. Essendon supporters didn’t cause the drugs scandal. 

Just now, Undeeterred said:

Stopping it before it got out of hand would be one option they could have gone with 

Lazy response. How could you have stopped the Smith revelation, which came out of the blue and was taken out of our hands immediately? What would you have done differently in Clarrie's case? 

11 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Agree, if carlton were to take on his whole contract, I wouldn't be surprised if their first round was all that was offered. Someone like Cerra could be involved, but only by necessity to clear cap space. 2 first rounders+ is dreamworld with his age and uncertainty around his response to the injury. If we paid a significant chunk of salary then trade options would open up a bit.

• Like 1