Christian Petracca

1 minute ago, Young Blood said:

Curious as to who you think would be a bigger star/calibre of player to leave us since Ron

Juice Newton

• Haha 2

Just now, chook fowler said:

Hard to see him staying now. Too much water under the bridge. I just hope we play hard ball for what we get in return for him.

trouble is when things get to this point that rarely happens.

9 minutes ago, BW511 said:

The parallels with Ben Simmons cannot be avoided. This is a wild implosion.

Very close parallels if true. More 'me' than 'we'.*

* Based on hypothetical circumstances. By reading this disclaimer the reader has voided any right to a rage reply post. 

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Poor McKay is like 

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

Yeah this is what I was thinking? He's got two weeks to prepare mentally for a final in Brisbane and this is whats coming at him from all angles...

My memory is awful, has there been many trades where a player (like a top 10 forward) were simply traded regardless of their want to leave? I know in other pro sports its a non issue as simply being 'part of the business' but in AFL I can't remember too many.

A disappointed and disgruntled Harry Mckay forced over in a trade would be just what we need right now...

3 minutes ago, picket fence said:

As reported he doesnt like training at Casey!! PARK ME whats there not to like with SLITHERA REPTILE PARK!??☠️

Wasn’t Casey an hours drive two years ago when he signed for 7 years?

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Sorry to say WCW he is GONSKI I heard this from an Ultra reliable source! Time we all move on eh!???

From her posts she has more than moved on.  I thought she was just making the point about what can be said publically to maintain your negotiating position.

Not sure whether this mess is on the club or the player really. I have my gut feel but it's not really relevant. Either way, the club can fix this and we can come out massive winners. I just hope we hold firm and demand a king's ransom. If he wants to go so bad then he needs to convince a club that it is worth their while to pay a very high price for him.

If what we're hearing is true, many of the concerns he has were well known to him when he signed his contract (e.g. crowds and Casey).

I would not be opposed to sending him to Gold Coast if it got us the best deal...no way we should send him to a Vic team unless the trade improves us more than them.

Yeah...im that bloke...   I'm over this already.

As to a person.  I wish you a full recovery .

.all the best.

As a player.  I get the angst, the frustration. You're out to make the most of your career. All cool. Thanks for 21..what a blast eh. I get you're into it, the hyper life of sports.... sense of self... 

Then there's Melbourne . You can stay or you can go ( yeah ...i hear it too... who'd da thunk i like music ) .  I really don't care.  Seriously.  Players come, players go.  1  x CP5 won't make or break it.   18 blokes that care might.

Just 18 good'ns who want to do well for the jumper...who can play footy.  That and a  decent game plame...but hey...I digress..

Christian.   Go well.

Dees go better

Whatever....

I'm about a team...

Edited by beelzebub
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

2 minutes ago, Supermercado said:

It wouldn't be hard to choose between permanent inner-city (or close to it) facilities or regular trips to Cranbourne but it's not like he thought we were leaving Casey when he signed the contract so it would be an interesting excuse if true.

Be interesting to time up the travel time from Tracc’s place in an inner south east suburb to Carlton 4 days a week (35-60 minutes), vs to Gosch’s 2 days (15-25 mins) and Casey 2 days (45-1hr).

Net result would be negligible. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, deegirl said:

He’s coming off like a bloke who’s never faced any kind of adversity ever & he’s not handling it well.  

And whoever is advising him may not be giving him the best advice.

it’s a bad look to not make a statement to the supporters yet he’s able to keep churning out his sponsored social posts. Says something about the priorities.

(And yes I know the posts scheduled & committed to in advance but those schedules are easily changed) 

He did his ACL in his 1st preseason. That's adversity in my books.

11 minutes ago, qarocks said:

why tf would MFC want a forward, we have plenty of them, with JVR looking good for the future.

we need AAA midfielders, especially if one is leaving in this scenario

*edit - directed at the media

plenty of forwards yes

Top quality tall fwds that are in their prime and can kick 60 goals?

we have zero

3 minutes ago, Young Blood said:

Yeah this is what I was thinking? He's got two weeks to prepare mentally for a final in Brisbane and this is whats coming at him from all angles...

My memory is awful, has there been many trades where a player (like a top 10 forward) were simply traded regardless of their want to leave? I know in other pro sports its a non issue as simply being 'part of the business' but in AFL I can't remember too many.

A disappointed and disgruntled Harry Mckay forced over in a trade would be just what we need right now...

The sweetener is that we may offer McKay a bit more money on top of his existing contract.  Anyone know what he is on at Carlton?

And what is Petracca on? $1.2Million per season?  Money talks ... follow the money

10 minutes ago, Oxdee said:

Really… the majority of the supporter base think otherwise 

You've taken a vote/poll?  Even if true, it  would just speak to the immaturity of football supporters when it comes to things about their club.  Too much emotion clouds judgement, and since there is almost nothing to say why anyone supports one team over another, emotion has to be the main factor.  ( I support Melbourne because my footy-ignorant mother thought Geelong and C'wood looked like prison stripes and red and blue looked nice. Doesn't stop me from being one-eyed, moaning about umpires, bad treatment by the AFL/MRO, you name it.)

• Like 4

1 minute ago, beelzebub said:

Yeah...im that bloke...   I'm over this already.

As to a person.  I wish you a full recovery .

.all the best.

As a player.  I get the angst, the frustration. You're out to make the most of your career. All cool. Thanks for 21..what a blast eh. I get you're into it, the hyper life of sports.... sense of self... 

Then there's Melbourne . You can stay or you can go ( yeah ...i hear it too... who'd da thunk i like music ) .  I really don't care.  Seriously.  Players come, players go.  1  x CP5 won't make or break it.   18 blokes that care might.

Just 18 good'ns who want to do well for the jumper...who can play footy.  That andca decent game plame...but hey...I digress..

Christian.   Go well.

Dees go better

Whatever....

I'm about a team...

Normally I would agree with you but after waiting 50 years for a premiership I thought that I will always have that memory but even that will now be tarnished forever if he leaves the club in this insidious manner

• Thinking 1

1 minute ago, Macca said:

The sweetener is that we may offer McKay a bit more money on top of his existing contract.  Anyone know what he is on at Carlton?

And what is Petracca on? $1.2Million per season?  Money talks ... follow the money

McKay took a pay cut, because Carlton extended Curnow first. My guess is 900k.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

Maybe Houston doesn't want to come because we went on record saying we wont trade Trac... just a thought. 

Que? Houston would want to come to a contending club. We aren't contending without Trac.