Time to go Goody?

47 minutes ago, Macca said:

I'm reckoning we'll trade our F1 pick for a first rounder in this year's draft.  We might have to sweeten the deal to get a top 10 pick (do we throw in a 2nd round pick?) 

So 2 picks in the top 10 could net us 2 plug-in and play midfielders??  The Guru in Jason Taylor to identify

There will be a club or 2 who may think we'll finish bottom 8 next year as that is how a deal might get done

Can you imagine how we'll feel if we snag 2 mids who turn out to be very good players in addition to Petracca, Viney, Oliver, Rivers, Sparrow, Kozzie, Langdon, Windsor & Tholstrup? 

Make it happen, Demons!!  

I am well and twoolie amazed, Grace, that The Lamb got his gig before the Lion in disguise called The Big Macca.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Monbon said:

I am well and twoolie amazed, Grace, that The Lamb got his gig before the Lion in disguise called The Big Macca.

You've been in fine form lately with the expansive writings (learnings?) 

But you know how it works here, Monbon ... 

It's the battle between the optimists and pessimists (a bit like Bruegel's battle between Carnival & Lent)  

Edited by Macca
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Macca said:

You've been in fine form lately with the expansive writings (learnings?) 

But you know how it works here, Monbon ... 

It's the battle between the optimists and pessimists (a bit like Bruegel's battle between Carnival & Lent)  

I just feel uncomfortable when the armchair Lentists make Goodwin the core of all error, misfortune, and bad luck: in other words, no coach in history has ever been as blameworthy for so many misfortunes. God Save the King. The Queen, the Pope, whoever!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Monbon said:

I just feel uncomfortable when the armchair Lentists make Goodwin the core of all error, misfortune, and bad luck: in other words, no coach in history has ever been as blameworthy for so many misfortunes. God Save the King. The Queen, the Pope, whoever!

I reckon it's because of his pressers ... he doesn't say much at all and the punters are hungry for info

I rarely watch pressers anyway as I've always judged the coach on how the team plays 

So I'd like to see some more enterprising footy with more attacking flair.  Our avenue to goal is too predictable.  If you were an opposition backman, you'd often know where to go in advance

But we need to keep up our contested ball work and defensive structures etc etc

A better mix of defence and attack is required

And another proper key forward would make the world of difference (I'd have Petty back)

HF  Petracca/Kozzie     JVR            Fritsch

F     Chandler      T-Mac (for now)   Melksham/Kolt

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Monbon said:

Dey was pretty oer da hills and far away by then. Jeffrey Farmer was The Trump Card, Frankly Crantaculus Maximus.

Have you talked to Siggy Fraud about your obsession wid Collins and the son of Nichol?????

(Translation of the above comments for those unfamiliar with Bonbon speak.)

Yes I was wrong & sorry for jumping from issue to issue indiscriminately.

Goodie had much more talent available than ND.

Ben Beams, Big Al & Matt Collins wouldn't be on an AFL list these days.

Apology accepted.

10 hours ago, Cranky Franky said:

(Translation of the above comments for those unfamiliar with Bonbon speak.)

Yes I was wrong & sorry for jumping from issue to issue indiscriminately.

Goodie had much more talent available than ND.

Ben Beams, Big Al & Matt Collins wouldn't be on an AFL list these days.

Apology accepted.

As I wrote above, you are 100% correct that those 3 would not be on any AFL list these days: they are retired, for a start, and way too old. They are even older than Steven Come What May. 

In the meantime, I'd  keep that appointment with Siggy Fraud. He might be able to help you with your delusions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Fuchsias Forever said:

Goodwin will be gone if we start like that.

Really a ruthless club that win's would have fired him after finals this year.

Like Carlton or Essendon? That seems to have worked out so well for them. A ruthless club would have sacked him after 2019.

Edited by He de mon
  • Like 2

On 08/10/2024 at 19:09, Macca said:

I'm reckoning we'll trade our F1 pick for a first rounder in this year's draft.  We might have to sweeten the deal to get a top 10 pick (do we throw in a 2nd round pick?) 

So 2 picks in the top 10 could net us 2 plug-in and play midfielders??  The Guru in Jason Taylor to identify

There will be a club or 2 who may think we'll finish bottom 8 next year as that is how a deal might get done

Can you imagine how we'll feel if we snag 2 mids who turn out to be very good players in addition to Petracca, Viney, Oliver, Rivers, Sparrow, Kozzie, Langdon, Windsor & Tholstrup? 

Make it happen, Demons!!  

Yes, i can imagine Petracca, Viney, Oliver, Rivers, Sparrow, Kozzie, Langdon, Windsor, Tholstrup and two picks inside the top 10 getting it in the centre and kicking straight down the throat of ???????? .....................

3 minutes ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

Yes, i can imagine Petracca, Viney, Oliver, Rivers, Sparrow, Kozzie, Langdon, Windsor, Tholstrup and two picks inside the top 10 getting it in the centre and kicking straight down the throat of ???????? .....................

The opposition....

• Haha 8
  • Clap 1

7 minutes ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

Hogan!!!  

Neitz???

• Haha 3

The connection between Goody and the great majority of the list is the reason Goody won't be going anywhere until Goody wants to. That is, of course, unless he is found guilty of trying to influence the US election by buying votes, or some other despicable private misdemeanour that we are not yet aware of!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

But in all seriousness JVR & Fritsch would do a lot better with precise delivery (and fast inside 50 entries)

Kozzie & Petracca swapping roles or maybe both play forward permanently (High half-forward & Small Forward)

Who else?

Melksham, Turner, Chandler & Tholstrup can be weapons if the entries are quick and accurate

Not sold on Petty (better in the backline) so we are screaming out for another KPF

Could we make a call to Byron Bay?  

But if we continue to laboriously go forward via the boundary line, all bets are off, QD!

It's nice to talk the actual game again, thanks for the quote

My plan includes 2 new plug in and play midfielders from this year's draft.  Ready to go Round 1 (or Round 0 haha) 

• Like 1

To add to that... the deplorable cries for Goodwin's blood are evidence of a sick society!

This is the dawning of the Age of Entitlement
The Age of Entitlement
Venomous! Emptiness!
Dissonance and misunderstanding
Insensitivity and doubt abounding
Just more falsehoods or derisions
Golden daily nightmares of rear vision
Mystic crystal meth
And the mind's true dysfunction
Entitlement! Entitlement!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Macca said:

But in all seriousness JVR & Fritsch would do a lot better with precise delivery (and fast inside 50 entries)

Kozzie & Petracca swapping roles or maybe both play forward permanently (High half-forward & Small Forward)

Who else?

Melksham, Turner, Chandler & Tholstrup can be weapons if the entries are quick and accurate

Not sold on Petty (better in the backline) so we are screaming out for another KPF

Could we make a call to Byron Bay?  

But if we continue to laboriously go forward via the boundary line, all bets are off, QD!

It's nice to talk the actual game again, thanks for the quote

My plan includes 2 new plug in and play midfielders from this year's draft.  Ready to go Round 1 (or Round 0 haha) 

All good points @Macca. I must admit, I'm wondering why we didn't make a play for Jack Darling. Depending on price and cost, seems to me he could have taken some pressure off JVR and possibly even Jefferson Airplane if/when he's ready. (Cue moans and groans from the peanut gallery.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

All good points @Macca. I must admit, I'm wondering why we didn't make a play for Jack Darling. Depending on price and cost, seems to me he could have taken some pressure off JVR and possibly even Jefferson Airplane if/when he's ready. (Cue moans and groans from the peanut gallery.)

Good point on Darling

With the other candidates we've got our fingers crossed 

Petty will probably be used forward and T-Mac back.  Unless Goodwin swaps them around

But the main issue is we don't know how good our forward line can be unless we start moving the ball into the forward line with greater efficiency

It should be turn and go fast with the forwards on the lead 

I like the way the way the Pies & Lions go about it and they've won the last 2 Flags

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 11/10/2024 at 17:19, Ferghus31 said:

WAIT UNTIL THE REVIEW IS COMPLETE THEN HEADS WILL ROLL STARTING WITH GOODWIN Then Pert and THE FITNESS STAFF

You think Pert And Goodie will be sacked after the review? You have sources saying that correct?

• Haha 1

I am not sure that at the completion of the  Review we see mass sackings however if Goodwin Selwyn Griffith are found to be behind our decline they MUST  go but our Communications with Members and continual leaks to the Press Need urgent Attention

• Like 1

On 08/10/2024 at 19:09, Macca said:

Make it happen, Demons!!  

Good call Macca

Will be interesting to see if we try and make further moves, eg trade 5 & 9 for 2 & 15 or something (don't know the numbers as not sure who has which draft picks but you get the gist).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Good call Macca

Will be interesting to see if we try and make further moves, eg trade 5 & 9 for 2 & 15 or something (don't know the numbers as not sure who has which draft picks but you get the gist).

I got lucky, Gonzo!  And many others here were thinking the same way anyway

Thought it might have been the Tigers who  we'd deal with though

Was just trying to read the tea leaves with regards to 2 Notable players possibly being on the move

So the insurance policy was bought so in effect, as a result of us securing picks 5 & 9, that strengthens our position for the 2025 off season (if it all works out)

We no longer have to be too concerned about falling short in the midfield (in theory) 

It's a midfielders game these days although the Blues with their mosquito fleet 45 years ago may have been the forerunners 

The old becomes the new? 

These days, as we all know, a team can have any number of midfield 'Types' in the 22 ... there's the 4 interchange players, High half forward (Petracca),  Wings,  Half backs,  Defensive forwards (Viney later on?) 

And Kozzie can be a proper small forward as well as having stints in the middle

• Like 2

Edited by Macca

I understand the pressure on Goodwin, and it deservedly should be on next year, but I hope we set up him with the best chance for success. Our assistant coach setup, as well as the wider football department, will be crucial to that. I'm hoping for some great quality to be added into our coaching group. We need to have a range of skills across the group, sometimes the focus is too much on just the head coach. We've done our best when we have that right mix around him.

With the current extra pressure of the football department review, I hope we're making big moves in the coaching space.

• Like 2

On 09/10/2024 at 09:15, Monbon said:

As I wrote above, you are 100% correct that those 3 would not be on any AFL list these days: they are retired, for a start, and way too old. They are even older than Steven Come What May. 

In the meantime, I'd  keep that appointment with Siggy Fraud. He might be able to help you with your delusions.

Hi Monbon Simon Goodwin is a bit of an enigma, on the one hand majority of players have demonstrated time and time again that they respect and want to play for him. Whereas we have quite a large chunk of supporters who want to link him to our every failure and always revert to sack the coach, the President, the CEO, our Fitness team and some the whole FD. Personally I like Goody and consider him our best coach since The Red Fox, I have fond memories of John Northey and Danners as well both were a bit stiff not to have tasted greater success but Goody is the only one that has saluted. I believe most of the anger is due to our failure to capitalise on our list, even when they weren’t available. I also get weary of the constant assaults on our coach, etc, etc and I am hoping like mad that we bounce back in ‘25 and beyond so we can enjoy the success more sweetly.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1