TRAINING: Friday 26th July 2024

4 minutes ago, Cranky Franky said:

It's called resilience. You can either learn to cope with the difficulties life throws at you or maybe complain about whoever is being mean to you & how unfair the world is. I know what I've found to be more useful.

Good for you, you’d have to be proud of yourself. Hard, tough, resilient, perfectly thick-skinned of course, and brilliant at heaping pointless, unnecessary s### on any player, whom you don’t know, and never will hopefully, of being whatever type of no-good you want us all - AND THE PLAYERS - to read about. Here’s the thing Cranky. Your bagging of players isn’t really about them, it’s about you. 

• Like 7
  • Clap 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Can you let me know where you work, wouldn't mind sitting next to you for a couple of hours, just for observation purposes of course and I am sure you wouldn't mind a bit of constructive criticism if you don't perform your given tasks to a very high standard.

I'm retired but I can imagine us working together at the Human Rights Commission or the ABC where we could be Care Bears together & sort out the evil doers.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

You can tell a kid til you’re blue in the face to not read certain stuff online and it’s futile.

As William Wallace was once heard to remark.......

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cranky Franky said:

I'm retired but I can imagine us working together at the Human Rights Commission or the ABC where we could be Care Bears together & sort out the evil doers.

Oh dear, not very resilient of you in the reply, did you actually take it personally, tsk tsk.

Note on Demonland, when I used to able to attend training, before COVID [censored] all over my job, both Goody and Greg Stafford were patrolling Gosch's looking for a particular poster to have 'words', I know because they asked me if I knew who it was.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Cranky Franky said:

It's called resilience. You can either learn to cope with the difficulties life throws at you or maybe complain about whoever is being mean to you & how unfair the world is. I know what I've found to be more useful.

So you're actually helping  the players with your critisism?

• Clap 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Webber said:

Good for you, you’d have to be proud of yourself. Hard, tough, resilient, perfectly thick-skinned of course, and brilliant at heaping pointless, unnecessary s### on any player, whom you don’t know, and never will hopefully, of being whatever type of no-good you want us all - AND THE PLAYERS - to read about. Here’s the thing Cranky. Your bagging of players isn’t really about them, it’s about you. 

Oh dear - Happy hour is it ?

I only bag the players & coaches when they deserve it.  Maybe if our supporters demanded  ex

more instead of cheering mediocrity we might have had the success that other clubs have had.

17 minutes ago, Cranky Franky said:

when they deserve it. 

Please tell us you understand it’s - when YOU THINK they deserve it. Also tell us you understand that almost none of us here are interested in your thoughts, and no player will ever be better for reading them. 

• Like 3
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, Cranky Franky said:

Is that what has made you the perpetually happy, positive and optimistic person you are today?

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Clap 2

5 hours ago, Cranky Franky said:

Welcome to the world of elite sports. These kids are making what - $200,000  a year+

Footy forums are full of frustrated supporters some of whom vent and/or overstep the mark on criticism at times. 

It can be tough on players but that’s just how it is so they need to learn to deal with it or find something else to do.

They're human beings, Cranky...

• Like 1
  • Love 2

52 minutes ago, Cranky Franky said:

I only bag the players & coaches when they deserve it.  Maybe if our supporters demanded  ex

more instead of cheering mediocrity we might have had the success that other clubs have had.

Again, to bag definitionto criticize or laugh at someone or something in an unkind way

Most posters on here will be disappointed if Melbourne lose, and they express it, but there is a small majority that need to bag the players, why, who knows, perhaps it makes them feel better, which as another poster has succinctly put, it says more about them than the players

• Like 9
  • Clap 2

The word resilience came up and my ears pricked up. If you want to know about resilience then got to the podcasts the "The Imperfects" Hugh which Van Cuylenberg and a mad Demon tragic supporter Ryan Shelton produce. It is episode 22, and they ineterview Max Gawn. Ryan is starstruck in the presence of Gawn but gee it is a great listen.  

One theme relates to some Vandenberg bought up and that is how they speak to each team mate which in his opinion wasn't always professional. Team building, respect and togetherness under duress is resilience. Would you abuse your trade, solicitor, doctor or accountant or write bad reviews and post them online. No you would get sued.

Read the book "The Red Fox" and see how Norm Smith got the best out of his group. He would belittle them, deride them just as Barassi did as a coach. That style of coaching is dead. Clubs and coaches are much better people managers these days. I can say no more...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, Cranky Franky said:

"When they deserve it". Sounds like the language of a bully. 

• Like 8
  • Clap 1

4 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

So, there’s simply NO TRUTH WHATSOEVER to the rumours about Clarrie. I talked to Chocco then Selwyn (they were there a while before the players came out) starting each convo with, “I understand if you can’t talk about this…” but they each said they had no problem talking about it because there’s no substance to any of it. And you reckon we go to town on these so-called journos? Chocco in particular had some choice words for them. 😁

Then I saw Clarrie coming over from AAMI. I met him halfway and we walked arm in arm to the tent coz ranga mum n son type dealio. 😄

I said “Claz I’m not gonna ask you where you’ll be next year, I just wanna tell you how very much we all love you, regardless. Honestly, us fans just want you to be happy, and healthy, mentally as well as physically.” He simply said, “I’m not going anywhere.” Just like that. I said, “I didn’t ask you that but now that you’ve said it unprompted I’m thinking it must be true.” He said, “It is true. I’m staying with Melbourne… if they’ll have me.” I said.”That’s good because all that cr@p I said before about us loving you regardless… I was lying. If you leave Melbourne, you’re dead to us.” 🤪

Anyways then I talked to Perty and he was even more emphatic about it than the others. He said there’s not much for “these people” to write about currently so they’re running with a “non-story.” Long convo but  that’s it in a nutshell.

After the session when most everyone had gone Clarrie was sitting in the tent changing shoes. I told him I had asked Perty if Melbourne still want him and he laughed and wanted to know what Perty said. I told him “Perty said ‘That lazy [censored]-er? We’re trying to get rid of him’.” 😂 Good times

Some of your best work WCW!

If we had poster of the year on here you’d be a shoe-in

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Clap 3

5 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

So, there’s simply NO TRUTH WHATSOEVER to the rumours about Clarrie. I talked to Chocco then Selwyn (they were there a while before the players came out) starting each convo with, “I understand if you can’t talk about this…” but they each said they had no problem talking about it because there’s no substance to any of it. And you reckon we go to town on these so-called journos? Chocco in particular had some choice words for them. 😁

Then I saw Clarrie coming over from AAMI. I met him halfway and we walked arm in arm to the tent coz ranga mum n son type dealio. 😄

I said “Claz I’m not gonna ask you where you’ll be next year, I just wanna tell you how very much we all love you, regardless. Honestly, us fans just want you to be happy, and healthy, mentally as well as physically.” He simply said, “I’m not going anywhere.” Just like that. I said, “I didn’t ask you that but now that you’ve said it unprompted I’m thinking it must be true.” He said, “It is true. I’m staying with Melbourne… if they’ll have me.” I said.”That’s good because all that cr@p I said before about us loving you regardless… I was lying. If you leave Melbourne, you’re dead to us.” 🤪

Anyways then I talked to Perty and he was even more emphatic about it than the others. He said there’s not much for “these people” to write about currently so they’re running with a “non-story.” Long convo but  that’s it in a nutshell.

After the session when most everyone had gone Clarrie was sitting in the tent changing shoes. I told him I had asked Perty if Melbourne still want him and he laughed and wanted to know what Perty said. I told him “Perty said ‘That lazy [censored]-er? We’re trying to get rid of him’.” 😂 Good times

Love your work WCW.  And on the strength of these quotes. I believe you and the players involved, I think I will have another glass of wine. Just to celebrate CO himself staying strong.  I still might think we are better off playing for 2025. 
Go Dee’s 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, DubDee said:

Some of your best work WCW!

If we had poster of the year on here you’d be a shoe-in

If we had a camera operator of the year award……. well let’s just say it would be an honour to even be considered for nomination, as well she might.

Edited by Neil Crompton
  • Like 2

Love how ironic it is to see some of the most emotional, player-critical posters on demonland say it's out of order to slag off the players. 

Great stuff WCW though!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

I've never seen Ted Lasso, but watching this just now I am staggered that he is not AI generated.

Did a Google search and the real actor says "I am a human man!" 

The uncanny valley is bizarre on him.

Anyway, not the point, I know. 😆

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Binmans PA said:

I've never seen Ted Lasso, but watching this just now I am staggered that he is not AI generated.

One of the best shows ever made. Highly recommend. 
Roy Kent is the best character too. His emotional development in this show is brilliant. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

You can tell a kid til you’re blue in the face to not read certain stuff online and it’s futile.

Well, if they got a red and blue jumper on I'll stick by them regardless of whether in the 1sts or 2nds. The lads are still loved by some here!❤️💙

• Love 2

2 hours ago, Binmans PA said:

And what’s more, the actor (and long time stand-up), Brett Goldstein, is nothing like Roy Kent, and hosts one of my favourite movie related podcasts - “Films to be buried with”. Check it out. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1