POSTGAME: Rd 19 vs Fremantle

7 minutes ago, Deebymistake said:

Why take Kolt off? Nice way to pee off a young player playing in his home state.  Where was Kozzie?  Will Langdon ride home?  That is all from me.

I think you make a reasonable point.

In a game like that I'd have preferred us to send an example and have one of the leaders take one for the team. There were a number of them who could have taken the short straw.

Was it a game Tholstrup would like to forget? Yes, but you need to be careful when dragging kids in this way and consider the effect that it can have on their confidence. 

• Like 3
  • Clap 1
  • Thinking 1

1 minute ago, DubDee said:

yeah i get you. some people seem to revel in our demise. weird

Big difference between reveling in our demise and calling for half the team and the coach to get the boot, and being very unhappy with that performance.

Losing is losing, it happens all the time. We played so well against Brisbane and came up short. Annoying but acceptable.
But you cannot put up these uncompetitive numbers and say “she’ll be right”, because sadly it’s not a one off anymore. 

I didn’t expect a win today. I also didn’t expect a 10 goal loss to flatter us. 

• Like 11

Bugger....

But gee willickers what a truckload of Learnings to be had...

Well.... a truckload of something.

Tbh... that wasn't all Goodwin's doing, or fault. I think that pie can be equally cut up among him (sg), rest of the FD...and about at least half a dozen players who should be made to walk home.

Quite honestly that was just a bucket of [censored] effort.  Maybe it was just that odd jumper ?? 🤔🤔🤔  ..yeah nahhh.  Twas a bucket of [censored] 💩

Next week ought to be a hoot

Just pick'n' play any and all....that want to have a fair dinkum crack. Bench the rest.

Got ragdolled from the get go

And what were the Learnings !!   hmmmm.

Some blokes need to go up to the others...who did try.....and say sorry. Then hit the road...seeyas later in the year.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kev martin said:

The venting was all through the game day forum. Gets a bit much.

I can understand after the game.

The threads really tick over when the game doesn't go our way. When we take control the thread has much less input.

Seems the venters want to be the dominant voice.

Makes like they don't enjoy footy.

You’re passing judgement, not only on the game and the player’s performances but on the opinions that others have expressed, yet you admit you didn’t see the game.

Struth

Edited by Abyssal
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Sure, but when he’s refusing to chase or tackle that’s not age that’s just poor effort. 
I will say that he didn’t play much on ball today, and we didn’t get a lot of ball inside 50, but he had 6 touches and 3 clangers today.

Chandler who every man and his dog is yelling to get rid of, has played half the number of games and had 10 touches and kicked 2 from the same low number of forward 50 entries. 

Given last week we applauded the young ones for carrying us, I assume they didn't today. 

When our young brigade fire they will drag the oldies along with them.

That is were I see our team at the moment. We rely on the youngsters. 

No Gawn was fine last week cos it was pizzling down.

We were way smaller than Flagmantle this week but kept kicking it down the line like we had Maxy there, ugh.

Petty is not a ruck, and JVR tries his guts out but can't be the number 1. ruck when the coach realises Petty is no good when it's already too late.

We lack poise and finishing too, Flagmantle actually fluffed plenty of kicks when centering that that we just gave straight back to them, just kept giving them momentum when they shouldn't have had it.

Edited by Sigil
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

I'm reading online that lever was terrible.  Was he really that bad? Who was he on

Lever was horrible. Worst game ever. 
Outmarked. Fumbles. Stumbled.  Missed tackles. You name it !! If he’s was a different name, he’d be dropped !!! 

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

25 minutes ago, kev martin said:

Cannot watch, overseas and a wifi link is not possible to set up and the watch AFL and streaming to a tv comes out at about $100 a month. as a guest I cannot set up with the modem etcetera.  listened on the radio.

That aside, I am disappointed in the negative of many on the Demonland. I am amazed that you put yourselves through pain. It is a game that usually half those watching lose or win. To be so infuriated and disparaging with a loss just bamboozle me.  

So you didn't watch the game but you're having a crack at supporters for having a vent at a 50 point loss?

I'd give this one a miss mate. Let supporters have their vent.

• Like 11
  • Clap 1

3 minutes ago, Abyssal said:

You’re passing judgement, not only on the game and the player’s performances but on the opinions that others have expressed, yet you admit you didn’t see the game.

Struth

I am reading the demonland threads.

Yes you are right, judging all the sourness and misery. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kev martin said:

We rely on the youngsters. 

Which is a disgraceful reality when we have plenty of experienced senior players in the side. 

2 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

So you didn't watch the game but you're having a crack at supporters for having a vent at a 50 point loss?

I'd give this one a miss mate. Let supporters have their vent.

I am not a stand back person. 

Not stopping the vent, no chance you can change others, that is up to them.

Merely bewildered by such an approach to being.

Addit; the venting was there very early in the game, same happened last week.

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Which is a disgraceful reality when we have plenty of experienced senior players in the side. 

Agree, but that seems to be were we are at.

The leader aren't quire right.

1 minute ago, kev martin said:

Your bewildered at the responses??

Actually surprised by this response considering how long you've been on this board for..

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, kev martin said:

I am reading the demonland threads.

Yes you are right, judging all the sourness and misery. 

And if you had seen the game you just might understand what people are saying.

• Like 3
  • Clap 2

Freo are such a bogey side, I have no idea why we are so easy to play against for them, but it [censored] me. Amiss, Walters and Treacy killed us yet again. 

Pathetic effort really. In terms of the season, I don’t think it’s catastrophic to go down by 50 but it reinforced to me that we’re making up the numbers at best. 

Worst game I’ve ever seen Lever play. 

On a positive note I absolutely love the way Windsor goes about it. He gets it. With Trac and Clarry starting to get a bit older, it won’t be long before he’s our best player. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Abyssal said:

And if you had seen the game you just might understand what people are saying.

I understand it. Just don't get how it makes joy with that type of perspective. 

Focusing on the negative is a protective behaviour, so you don't do it again. Though you will all be back again for more of it.

Sadistic or change the behaviour. Repeating the way is not in your best interest.

• Facepalm 2

8 minutes ago, kev martin said:

Addit; the venting was there very early in the game, same happened last week.

Might wanna give DL a miss then Kev

It's a forum where you're gonna see praise and criticism as a constant so no one is gonna ease up either way just because it's upsetting you or you don't get the reasoning.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Most disappointing we didn’t learn from the last time and got done the same way. Given where the team is at a loss however isn’t unexpected so I can’t be to shocked. I think we need to just take this year for what it is and hope to bounce back next season

24 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Big difference between reveling in our demise and calling for half the team and the coach to get the boot, and being very unhappy with that performance.

Losing is losing, it happens all the time. We played so well against Brisbane and came up short. Annoying but acceptable.
But you cannot put up these uncompetitive numbers and say “she’ll be right”, because sadly it’s not a one off anymore. 

I didn’t expect a win today. I also didn’t expect a 10 goal loss to flatter us. 

completely agree

• Like 1

Seeing their star 3 trio developed from the draft bully our midfield was a very clear signal where we're at imo. 

Tbh I don't think the Clarry that won bnfs will return, this year or another. Not buying that his fitness and lack of pre season has anything to do with it.

Whatever happened, it's clear footy is no longer his #1 focus like it once was and he doesn't have the fire, energy or care factor he once did. Once you lose that it's exceptionally hard to recapture. 

Let's face it - even at his ripping best he was hardly a picture of fitness. He was all effort, all heart, all care for his teammates and the win. When that part isn't there he's just a player. 

A trade this off season may be the best thing for all parties. It would be a very sad end to one of the great MFC careers...but an eventuality the fanbase should probably start preparing for. 

• Thinking 1
  • Vomit 2