Oliver Trade Rumours

Oxdee

8 hours ago, gs77 said:

...while mis-pronouncing Petracca.

deliberate perhaps. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, KozzyCan said:

How can you be sure no one is talking to Morris? Because he [censored] off a few people at the club 10 years ago? Seems like a stretch. Most of the people who are at the club now wouldn't have been there for that episode and the ones who were are probably over it by now.

A lot of the reports to me have felt like clumsy attempts from our side to set the narrative. I think there are people within the club who think they can use the media like a tool to run their agendas.

I didn’t say no one in our club is talking to Morris, I said no one from the board or Administration side of the club is talking to Morris, and I say it as our clubs board and administrators actions have repeatedly directly contradicted Morris’s reporting. 

There has been a concerted 3 year + campaign run through the courts and media with the intention of discrediting and removing Kate Roffey, Gary Pert and Simon Goodwin from our football club. In an interview earlier this year a certain doctor walking back his comments on the AFL illicit drugs policy said “I am only doing this to highlight Melbourne’s negative culture” and “there are only three or four people at the MFC that are the problem”.

With Kate Roffey going this has only escalated. The MFC would’ve hoped Roffey leaving and the review would get us some clean air but within twelve hours of that announcement Micheal Warner was laying the faults of our club at Pert’s feet and stating he shouldn’t be involved in the review. Then multiple media outlets published statements from ex players and presidents that Goodwin should be sacked. 
The campaign continues. The fact media outlets are posting random open letters from supporters purely because they support this campaign adds more credence to this. 

In this context the idea that the board, Pert or Goodwin and the members of our administration are leaking to Morris is laughable. There might be leaks to other more trusted media sources, that as you say, are clunky attempts to reset the narrative. But Morris isn’t getting them firsthand. And because of the context of this campaign any information that could only truly be known by Gary Pert and officials from other clubs with their own motives (like say, getting a 4x B&F, Coaches award winner, premiership player who at their best is in the best 5 or so mids in the comp for a relatively low draft pick) is fraught.

I don’t know whether Pert is a problem, or if he should be removed from the review, or if he did do something stupid with this Oliver situation and should be removed as a result. But given the context of the overt ongoing campaign against him and others at our club run through the media for over three years now I think we should all take any reporting with a large grain of salt.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 2

6 hours ago, deejammin' said:

I think you and a few others are misunderstanding what I am saying.

I’m NOT saying no players or people affiliated with players and club staff are leaking, some of them to Morris, clearly Trac’s camp has. That’s exactly what Gawny was lamenting today and it has to stop. Partly as it spreads rumours maliciously, ask any player “your club is shopping player x around, why?” And they may well be able to come up with behavioural reasons, or disgruntled other players or dynamics between staff and the player to explain why. Particularly when there’s a review underway, But it’s a classic disingenuous journalism and lawyer tactic as it’s all speculation and the players don’t know that original statement to be true, it may be false, and thus they may be providing reasons which don’t exist for a situation that isn’t happening.

I’m also NOT saying Clarry didn’t meet with Geelong. That’s well documented. 

What I am saying is that the people/person at the heart of this issue at MFC are NOT leaking to Morris.

This whole thing boils down to:

1. Did Gary Pert shop Oliver to other club officials.

2. Was he doing so with the blessing of the footy department, list management team and were they planning to push Oliver out. 

3. Were the board aware. 

None of the people from MFC who know the answers to those three things are leaking to Morris. As I said in my original post neither the BOARD nor ADMINISTRATION are leaking to Morris, especially given his history with the club. He is extremely disliked by MFC for breaking stories while an employee. Extremely disliked by the Bulldogs for breaking stories without fact checking and sensitivity checking first, Richmond ditto. Even if Pert, Goodwin, Lamb, Richo or the board wanted to leak to the media. It wouldn’t be Morris.

So where did Morris’s original story that Pet was shopping Oliver around come from? Clearly officials from the other club(s) involved. 

This will all play out now but one of three things has happened. 

1. Pert did do it on his own and will likely be gone now as he has lost the faith of the board, administration and football department. 

2. Pert did do it with the blessing of at least part of the list management comittee or FD and our club is a dumpster fire that has lost the plot. The review needs to be made independent of Pert and we need to get our house in order even more than we already did.

3. Club officials at Geelong misrepresented an honest conversation with Pert where he didn’t shop Oliver around for their own advantage. Or worse made the whole thing up. Oliver and his management heard from reporters this was the case and looked into Geelong as he was hurt by this reporting and flattered by their pitch. 

All three scenarios are possible and I don’t trust Tom Morris or Sam McLure to give us any unbiased or truthful opinions on this. I don’t believe the board only found all this out two days ago and that’s why it’s stopped either, as reported by Morris tonight. They would’ve been across the media the whole time. And there’s no way the board was leaking that to Morris. They are the only ones who would know. 

That’s what I was saying, agree or disagree, but nothing is “clearly the case” here.

Can someone highlight a story where McLure slammed his club Carlton, just for my interest?

• Like 3
  • Clap 2

After hearing Green speak, it feels like the new era is beginning to usurp the old. I hope he takes over from Pert when this is all said and done. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Fancy getting Trac's name wrong. The quicker Green is out, the better.

As for the BnF, I suppose Pert got up and spoke. What was the reception for him? Can't imagine it was warm...

• Like 5
  • Clap 1

Having read everything to date I think it's not unreasonable to come to the conclusion that had another team offered us appropriate compensation then Clarry would be out the door. Not unlike the BP5 scenario however, there was just too little time for anyone to cobble together anything close to what we deem worthy. Everything else surrounding both is now just damage control and window dressing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Adam The God said:

As for the BnF, I suppose Pert got up and spoke. What was the reception for him? Can't imagine it was warm...

So this is who you are now? Mean spirited, reactionary, just anti-Pert bias?

Life is rarely as black and white as you are reading the last few days, and clubs like ours can rarely afford to lose leadership so readily.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Adam The God said:

"Muted" would be the word I would use. Unfortunately he then said Ben Brown had worn the No. 38. Oops.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Adam The God said:

How did he pronounce it?

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawk the Demon said:

He pronounced it "Pea Tracker" rather than "Pea Trarker". Tricky with the nickname Trac.

So as an Aussie he said it that way instead of the Italian way.

That is the least of his and our problems.

• Like 6
  • Clap 2
  • Vomit 1

8 minutes ago, Hawk the Demon said:

He pronounced it "Pea Tracker" rather than "Pea Trarker". Tricky with the nickname Trac.

did he use the correct pronoun (he/him). If not then Pert needs to be burned at the stake

• Haha 5

Oliver won't be traded at this time, while I'm not against it for other reasons that is not about his health, I hope he puts in a solid pre season and works on his deficiencies to become an all round footballer.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Clap 1

I think we do a clock work orange on Tracc and Clarry - make them watch the Third Quarter blitz in the 2021 grand final with those things in their eyes so they cant look away or even blink. Everything will be fine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Clap 1

On 03/10/2024 at 20:43, goodwindees said:

Hi Daz & Brendan. I can’t say too much except that right now, I think a deal gets done. 
When I announced this a month ago, I didn’t think it was possible because I couldn’t see Dees getting fair value from Cats. 
They’ll certainly have their work cut out taking on Bailey, Claz & Stengle. 
The stories I could tell re Bailey. 

Have your thoughts on the likelihood of a deal changed since the events of Friday (reported that the Dees have knocked deal on the head + Brad Green saying he’ll be there round 1) or was that just posturing from the club to make Geelong stump up more?

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Angry 1

27 minutes ago, The Jackson FIX said:

Have your thoughts on the likelihood of a deal changed since the events of Friday (reported that the Dees have knocked deal on the head + Brad Green saying he’ll be there round 1) or was that just posturing from the club to make Geelong stump up more?

Sounds like Cats don’t have more, given Smith coming, so unless a player is involved and that doesn’t seem to be happening, he won’t be a Cat, this year at least.

Then if another club doesn’t get involved, that Clarry would be interested in, he is staying.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Very glad our stars are not looking like they'll be traded for now...I think after another full pre season and full season with them mentoring and playing with our young guns we might all feel differently come end of next year.  The star players may have a better year with more success and will be happy sticking around if the club turns a corner, or if it's another poxy year but we get a year of experience into the youth and the older star players aren't pulling their weight as much and causing problems then perhaps we'd be more comfortable letting them get traded.  

Glad to have another year, I think it will be quite telling, lots to be excited about with the youth though getting another pre season and another year of AFL under their belts that's for sure.  Glad Oliver and Trac and Kozzie will be there to play alongside them for 2025 and hopefully beyond!!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, Redleg said:

so unless a player is involved

Probably more where I was angling. wondering whether Dees have/had been pushing for a Neale or a TDK and the Cats pushed back and this latest play was more a ploy to get the to up the offer