GAMEDAY: Rd 18 vs Essendon

4 minutes ago, Demonsone said:

What will Goodwin reply be if we lose & get flogged in the ruck and not playing a back up ruck in Fullerton

Correlation vs causation. Nothing to suggest Fullerton would be better than what Goodys cooked up… 

pumped to see. 
if we’re on we win, If not we probably don’t. Many bigger factors than Fullerton. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Demonsone said:

What will Goodwin reply be if we lose & get flogged in the ruck and not playing a back up ruck in Fullerton

What do you expect him to say? Goodwin has more respect for his players than to say “we don’t think Fullarton is up to the job”, which is the unspoken implication of his non-selection.

• Like 1

Ruck is undoubtedly an interesting one and I think Fullarton should’ve played but I also think we’re running on top of the ground now and are choc-full of confidence, I think if we convert remotely well and are close late we will run over them & win by 17pts. Rivers & Windsor show take 2, JVR bag!

8 minutes ago, Demonsone said:

What will you say if we win? What will you say if we lose and it is clear the ruck wasn't the issue.  Why bother making these sort of statements?

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

I also think Tmac is the obvious ruckman fitness wise as it just CANT be JVR, but seems as though it’ll be Petty/Turner combo as TMac likely needed for 2m-Peter or Jones.. 

Petty back would be only way TMac plays ruck — I’d prefer this based on how fwd line looked LW.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tolstoys Nudge said:

I also think Tmac is the obvious ruckman fitness wise as it just CANT be JVR, but seems as though it’ll be Petty/Turner combo as TMac likely needed for 2m-Peter or Jones.. 

Petty back would be only way TMac plays ruck — I’d prefer this based on how fwd line looked LW.  

I’d love to see Turner line up for opening bounce. Sign his contract, go right into the middle.

Think he could have the aggression to make an impact.

Petty, less so. But need his hands to be clean tonight.

Pumped to see what happens

22 minutes ago, Demonsone said:

What will your reply be if we win and break even in the ruck?

Admit you were wrong and give goody credit?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sue said:

What will you say if we win? What will you say if we lose and it is clear the ruck wasn't the issue.  Why bother making these sort of statements?

Snap.

5 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

this clear blue sky over the 3144 doesn't fill me with confidence

i long for the ol 2.10pm game...train from malvern to richmond at 1.30pm, game at 2.10pm, back home by 5.45pm...

We're neighbours lot of Dees in 3144

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M_9 said:

Thanks for the offer ET but Cortona is a tad too far from the coast. I'm aiming to circumnavigate Italy (over 4 trips). This is my third. 70% covered. 😊🇮🇹

Hey Ollie, I'm going over in Sept, you still there then????

Maybe the idea is to give Turner a run in the ruck with instructions to do to his opponent everything that gets done to Gawn every week, so that by the time Gawn is back Turner will have been suspended and the AFL will have to pretend that was the rules all along and for the remainder of the season Gawn will get the five free kicks he's been missing out each week so far.

• Haha 2
  • Clap 1

17 minutes ago, samcantstandya said:

Hey Ollie, I'm going over in Sept, you still there then????

Sorry mate. Won't be here. Sept the best time to come but I come to swim in warm water, as you well know. I've been away 4 weeks, with 4 to come. Across to Greece by ferry in a week. Life's tough. Home for Port game. Hope to catch up.

1 hour ago, M_9 said:

Thanks for the offer ET but Cortona is a tad too far from the coast. I'm aiming to circumnavigate Italy (over 4 trips). This is my third. 70% covered. 😊🇮🇹

glad i was done at birth wouldnt like it done in italy

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, M_9 said:

Sorry mate. Won't be here. Sept the best time to come but I come to swim in warm water, as you well know. I've been away 4 weeks, with 4 to come. Across to Greece by ferry in a week. Life's tough. Home for Port game. Hope to catch up.

Look forward to catching up then.

6 hours ago, DubDee said:

Season defining game

I don’t say it often but win and we go 10-7 with 6 games left and should make finals. Lose and it’s 9-8 and finals difficult

Bombers are about our level right now which is depressing to say so it’ll come down to who goes in harder for longer

A start like last week would be nice!

As a rule, I have worried about our form trailing to the 'also rans'. Our new look (that DL enthusiasts begged for, for months and months) has finally seen the penny drop as far as the coaches are concerned, and including our personnel loses of late, it is possible to feel confident that we can beat Essendrug whose ability is inflated. Dees by about 20 points. (Channel 7 commentators, commenting on tonight's game stated clearly that Essendrug would win the match, as they need only teams with large memberships to make it to the finals. This explains much of their commentary this year and perhaps, the influence that the bigger clubs wield over the media expenditures, umpiring decisions and game conduct assessments for the majority of the competing teams). 

Edited by Deemania since 56

Anyone need some tickets for tonight?

I’ve got 4 x Medallion Club seats - Level 1, M20, Row DD. Can’t guarantee you’re out of the elements but they’re smack on Centre Wing.

PM me if you want them, free to a good home.

A memo to Metro: it’s ok to finish train works in under a decade and we would all love to have functioning train lines this century. 

Driving 25 minutes to then catch the train for another 25 minutes is an insanity I could do without. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DemonWheels said:

Anyone need some tickets for tonight?

I’ve got 4 x Medallion Club seats - Level 1, M20, Row DD. Can’t guarantee you’re out of the elements but they’re smack on Centre Wing.

PM me if you want them, free to a good home.

I have a single lev 2 Northern stand ticket for tonight, in front of Betty Cuthbert bar. Should be undercover, depending on the wind

PM if you want it, free

Edited by Moonshadow

6 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

A memo to Metro: it’s ok to finish train works in under a decade and we would all love to have functioning train lines this century. 

Driving 25 minutes to then catch the train for another 25 minutes is an insanity I could do without. 

And after a week off from weekend works, replacement busses will return just in time for our GWS game in 2 weeks.

30 minutes ago, Little Goffy said:

Maybe the idea is to give Turner a run in the ruck with instructions to do to his opponent everything that gets done to Gawn every week, so that by the time Gawn is back Turner will have been suspended and the AFL will have to pretend that was the rules all along and for the remainder of the season Gawn will get the five free kicks he's been missing out each week so far.

Such levelling, for Gawny and the MFC in general, is well overdue. Consequently, nothing will change; favourite advantage will definitely continue - such is based on AFL revenues and media contract revenues.

Edited by Deemania since 56

2 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

And after a week off from weekend works, replacement busses will return just in time for our GWS game in 2 weeks.

At least I can drive for that game knowing there will be 9 GWS fans there. Wasn’t gonna bother with tonight’s game. 

• Haha 1

With both our superstars out, theirs (Merrett) will probably be the difference. If we can clamp him to even 70% of his game destroying best, that will go a long way. 

Also a little worried about the flakey [censored] Stringer just because we don't have someone with his combo of size, aggression and agility down back. Tbh Turner would probably be his best matchup but alas, he's now a ruck forward?? Haha