PREGAME: Rd 17 vs West Coast

2 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Whilst the ladder says we're in the hunt for finals right now,  If we drop this game, it will be absolutely season.

Conversely  if we beat Eagles it sets us up for bombers next round with top 8 spot up for grabs. Win these 2 and we'll play finals.

If not we clearly won't deserve a spit and cue in the rack immediately as you say.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Whilst the ladder says we're in the hunt for finals right now,  If we drop this game, it will be absolutely season over and players that need any surgeries should be operated on now in order to for this club to have its best pre season in its history, to make up for one of its worst just gone.

And West Coast will unfortunately come in with natural response after one of its regulation stinkers that they so often dish up.

However, if we bring in Goody's favourite two words - contest and defence, have a healthy quarter time lead and go at least 50% accuracy then we should win this game with no issues. 

No excuse for not winning this game they'll be down on confidence, have to fly over and have 2 days less break.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Demon17 said:

Conversely  if we beat Eagles it sets us up for bombers next round with top 8 spot up for grabs. Win these 2 and we'll play finals.

If not we clearly won't deserve a spit and cue in the rack immediately as you say.

Not sure we can be this definite.

If we win the next two there's a good chance we'll be in the 8, but we need 5 wins from the last 8 games and even then, with our poor percentage, that isn't a complete certainty of getting us in.

To get 5 wins, the next two are essential but we also need to beat GWS and Port (both of which are at the G), and find a win out of the four harder games, being Fremantle in Perth, the Dogs at Marvel, GC on the GC and Collingwood.

Dropping any of the WC, Essendon, GWS and Port games requires us to find more than one win in the Fremantle, Bulldogs, GC and Collingwood games. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

51 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

Not sure we can be this definite.

If we win the next two there's a good chance we'll be in the 8, but we need 5 wins from the last 8 games and even then, with our poor percentage, that isn't a complete certainty of getting us in.

To get 5 wins, the next two are essential but we also need to beat GWS and Port (both of which are at the G), and find a win out of the four harder games, being Fremantle in Perth, the Dogs at Marvel, GC on the GC and Collingwood.

Dropping any of the WC, Essendon, GWS and Port games requires us to find more than one win in the Fremantle, Bulldogs, GC and Collingwood games. 

Agree but I'm  channelling my 1987 experience here. I see the team building belief over next 2 weeks. Then a roll starts and ends who knows where.

I saw what they can do and are capable in first 3 quarters last week.

Thus the hope.

We'll know soon enough

• Like 7
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, loges said:

No excuse for not winning this game they'll be down on confidence, have to fly over and have 2 days less break.

Let's hope they are entirely stuffed after the travel experience and suffer from on-the-ground disorientation. 

I say we win the last 8 and hit the finals at speed..............My dream is to beat Collingwood in round 23 and in the first week of the finals. Then roll the Bombers in a semi and Carlton in a Prelim. Then roll the Swans in the GF with Gawn giving Grundy a Masterclass and Oliver winning the Norm Smith.....Seriously folks could footy life get any better than that? 

• Like 20
  • Love 7
  • Haha 3
  • Clap 3

I hope Melks comes straight back in.  I know it’s usually back through Casey but geez the thought of seeing him out there on Sunday is so exciting!!!!!

YAY! 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I hope Melks comes straight back in.  I know it’s usually back through Casey but geez the thought of seeing him out there on Sunday is so exciting!!!!!

YAY! 

Not sure... prefer a bit of warming up to game fitness

Would be disappointing if he played and wasn't quite at the speed 

Give him 2-3 at Casey, then back for 4-5 and hopefully more...

• Like 1

Two weeks ago Melks told me two weeks and that’s exactly what’s happening. I walked off the ground with him before our match on Friday night and he said “next week” (he also said he’s definitely looking at going around next year, too). Please selectors… for the love of all things holy, bring him straight back in!!! 😅

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

Not sure... prefer a bit of warming up to game fitness

Would be disappointing if he played and wasn't quite at the speed 

Give him 2-3 at Casey, then back for 4-5 and hopefully more...

2 - 3 at Casey??? Noooooo. What a waste that would be. He’s ready now. The Lions brought Ashcroft straight back in and he was absent for a longer period of time. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Roost it far said:

I say we win the last 8 and hit the finals at speed..............My dream is to beat Collingwood in round 23 and in the first week of the finals. Then roll the Bombers in a semi and Carlton in a Prelim. Then roll the Swans in the GF with Gawn giving Grundy a Masterclass and Oliver winning the Norm Smith.....Seriously folks could footy life get any better than that? 

You have to love this thought 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Two weeks ago Melks told me two weeks and that’s exactly what’s happening. I walked off the ground with him before our match on Friday night and he said “next week” (he also said he’s definitely looking at going around next year, too). Please selectors… for the love of all things holy, bring him straight back in!!! 😅

Feel a bit sad for him. He’s done everything in his power to get back playing as soon as possible- probably thinking we would be in as good a position as the past two years in terms of ladder position and flag chances. Sadly we are nowhere near it. ☹️

4 minutes ago, Colm said:

Feel a bit sad for him. He’s done everything in his power to get back playing as soon as possible- probably thinking we would be in as good a position as the past two years in terms of ladder position and flag chances. Sadly we are nowhere near it. ☹️

I think that if we were top 2 at this stage, it would mean we are flying, our forwardline had clicked and he would not be required. So our current situation suits him. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Colm said:

I doubt he’d be thinking that way though. Our season’s not written off. A couple of consecutive wins, including a thumping, and who knows??? 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

MELKY’S BACK!!!!!!

This is so good! Just reading this as a supporter made me feel so happy, imagine what it’s done around the playing group 🤗

whether he returns via Casey or straight into the dees line up, it’s great to have him back on the field!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/C86Z00lPCQL/?igsh=MWZodjZoNHV4a3Zkag==

(swipe left to see Selwyn announce the great news at the team meeting)

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
Left not right.
  • Thanks 2

The Eagles are getting absolutely hammered in the media at the moment after yesterday’s horrible performance.

They got belted by Collingwood before playing us last time and played their best game in 3 years. 

I’ll be so disappointed if we let this club rebound and beat us again. 

2 hours ago, At the break of Gawn said:

The Eagles are getting absolutely hammered in the media at the moment after yesterday’s horrible performance.

They got belted by Collingwood before playing us last time and played their best game in 3 years. 

I’ll be so disappointed if we let this club rebound and beat us again. 

That’s a rather measured way of putting it. 

If we lose this weekend, I and probably most of Demonland will be filthy AF. 

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Demon17 said:

Agree but I'm  channelling my 1987 experience here. I see the team building belief over next 2 weeks. Then a roll starts and ends who knows where.

I saw what they can do and are capable in first 3 quarters last week.

Thus the hope.

We'll know soon enough

Absolutely this. Momentum is such an important factor in all sports these days, particularly AFL with the evenness of the competition.

It should be remembered that we also have a young team and so *should* have less baggage in regards to outcomes - just have a dip!

Lots for them to get excited about, their destiny is in their hands.

Goodwin must feel a bit like Arnie in Kindergarden Cop - time to get the ferret out!

• Haha 1