TRAINING: Wednesday 8th May 2024

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

I think this is the training report when you aren't having a training report, hence a Clayton's training report.

I liked Claytons.  Thanks WCW!

*might be a bit obscure for the younger members of DS*

Cameron Clayton was a good ruck rover for us back in the day.

• Haha 1

Just now, Queanbeyan Demon said:

Cameron Clayton was a good ruck rover for us back in the day.

I used to deliver his mail in hawthorn: he was a copper.

• Haha 2

Fair to say ‘Leb’ was at the back of the line when they were handing out nicknames

• Haha 6

36 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Helps if you @ the right poster. Also, I was referring to their fan forum sites, not attendance at their training.

But I guess the outraged defence fogged your reply

Let me preempt your response and answer that yes, I have attended MFC training numerous times (but not this season) and reported on here

Over and out

Oops.

Guess I was (as usual?!) being too clever by half. It wasn't a comment on your post, Moon; I was inviting @Roger Mellie to do an imaginary fun piece like his contribution on page 3!

Apologies again for this misunderstanding 😔

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Cranky Franky said:

Ruck rover - what a quaint old fashioned term.

...brought into being, so legend has it, by 'our' very own RDB.

An early contribution - of his many - to our great game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

I was a postie for a while.

I learned to hate dogs when I was a postie; especially shepherds of the Germanic variety. in late 2019 our daughter 'made' us acquire a 'Family Dog', a Swiss White Shepherd. They are the most beautiful dogs in de whirl...

• Like 2
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, Stu said:

“Master McAdam is feeling poorly”

How about 'Master McAdam has the ague'

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, DubDee said:

Fair to say ‘Leb’ was at the back of the line when they were handing out nicknames

Funny thing is DubDee that in one of his interviews he acknowledged that he is being called The Duke. So it’s getting around.!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, In Harmes Way said:

I think you'll find Webber that crook is a legitimate medical term. I'm surprised you don't know this, given your profession.

Are you referring to a few quacks selling snake oil, aka “supplements”, to gullible ex AFL coaches, who crashed and burned like too many Lancaster and Flying Fortresses?

6 hours ago, 640MD said:

Personally 3 or 4 just as good might be enough.  Go Dee’s 

I remember being pretty happy the night Frittata kicked 6 though I wasn’t able to see him do it.  Maybe a repeat, Bailey, please. 

5 hours ago, Olgreybeard49 said:

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.  Charles Dickens Tale of Two Cities

Dicko could well have been describing a typical season on Demonland  (and MFCSS)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

“Can i just say, this is the first time I have been on Television?”

”No sorry, there isn’t time…”

An Election Night Special.

They set the bar high, didn't they, SWYL.

• Like 1
  • Clap 1
  • Thinking 1

@monoccular, I'll wait to see if anyone else recognises SWYL's and my 70's cultural reference.

They provide a deep well for all us tragic 'Landers to drink from 😊

• Like 1

And back to the subject of this thread, and some of the responses to the good-will training reporter/s:

'Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!'

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, In Harmes Way said:

First training report without @kev martin and look at the angst.

🙋‍♀️ I’m right here, you know.

JK. 😁 I started this thread because there was nobody else reporting from Gosch’s. I make a point each time of prefacing a training report with variations of ‘I couldn’t do a training report to save my [censored] life.’ I’m not the cause of the angst. No, the angst stems from a poster who whinged about the lack of an insightful report, and worse still, the goon who applauded it. And now some old bloke I don’t even know is whining about four pages of ‘outrage,’ yep outrage that wouldn’t have happened HAD THE WHINGER NOT WHINGED AND HIS GOON NOT APPLAUDED IT.

Geez Louise. What a shemozzle. A fiasco. A debacle. Call it what you will, but ima do the exact same thing next week if for no other reason than to get under the skin of the old bloke, the whinger, and his goon. 🥳

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Clap 4

2 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

“Can i just say, this is the first time I have been on Television?”

”No sorry, there isn’t time…”

Golden quote!!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

🙋‍♀️ I’m right here, you know.

JK. 😁 I started this thread because there was nobody else reporting from Gosch’s. I make a point each time of prefacing a training report with variations of ‘I couldn’t do a training report to save my [censored] life.’ I’m not the cause of the angst. No, the angst stems from a poster who whinged about the lack of an insightful report, and worse still, the goon who applauded it. And now some old bloke I don’t even know is whining about four pages of ‘outrage,’ yep outrage that wouldn’t have happened HAD THE WHINGER NOT WHINGED AND HIS GOON NOT APPLAUDED IT.

Geez Louise. What a shemozzle. A fiasco. A debacle. Call it what you will, but ima do the exact same thing next week if for no other reason than to get under the skin of the old bloke, the whinger, and his goon. 🥳

Here endeth the lesson??

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

An Election Night Special.

They set the bar high, didn't they, SWYL.

Can I just say this is the second time I have appeared on television. 

No there still isn't time!!!

• Haha 3

For the record, I was there today (from Perth no less), so my experience in doing training reports is even sketchier than WCW! 

was there nice and early and watched 30 odd minutes of Melksham and salo go one on one. 

even to my uneducated eye, Jake must be pretty close, seemed to be going at full speed (salo not so much) and was moving well and kicking them nicely.

The training sessions itself seemed pretty casual, goal kicking practice looked pretty relaxed. Chin seems a great fella who is often supportive of others efforts.

some of the midfield drills looked pretty clean, though one suspects everything looks easier at training. 

everyone seemed in high spirits, and the boys were good natured when my kids chased them down after for some photos and signatures.

much love to Maysie (whom my wife and daughter were quite giddy over), Rick, Maxt, tmac, chin, Caleb and kozzie, and special shout out to Marty Hore who was an absolute champ!

all the best tomorrow boys 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Fritta and Turner said:

How about 'Master McAdam has the ague'

Smacca's feelin crappa?

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, DeeZone said:

Funny thing is DubDee that in one of his interviews he acknowledged that he is being called The Duke. So it’s getting around.!!

I heard that, it was during the SEN interview with Dwayne, and I was surprised because everyone at the Club calls him Leb, including the coaches. He told me no one calls him The Duke. Maybe deep down he’d prefer The Duke. 🤷‍♀️ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, davejemmolly said:

For the record, I was there today (from Perth no less), so my experience in doing training reports is even sketchier than WCW! 

was there nice and early and watched 30 odd minutes of Melksham and salo go one on one. 

even to my uneducated eye, Jake must be pretty close, seemed to be going at full speed (salo not so much) and was moving well and kicking them nicely.

The training sessions itself seemed pretty casual, goal kicking practice looked pretty relaxed. Chin seems a great fella who is often supportive of others efforts.

some of the midfield drills looked pretty clean, though one suspects everything looks easier at training. 

everyone seemed in high spirits, and the boys were good natured when my kids chased them down after for some photos and signatures.

much love to Maysie (whom my wife and daughter were quite giddy over), Rick, Maxt, tmac, chin, Caleb and kozzie, and special shout out to Marty Hore who was an absolute champ!

all the best tomorrow boys 

Well ya kept this quiet! Where were you 11 hours ago? I could’ve used your help when I was floundering. We could’ve avoided “four pages of outrage” to use the words of MoonFace or Moonboot or whatever his name is.

Kidding, of course. It’s great your kids had such a fun time getting autographs and pics. Enjoy the rest of your visit to Melbourne and especially a win tomorrow night! ❤️💙

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Left Foot Snap said:

Here endeth the lesson??

I dunno. I’m not the one who was schooled 😉

• Haha 1