Um

5 hours ago, binman said:

I suspect DeeBlood is actually dermie.

Took umbrage at me calling him a clown and joking about his inability to string words together (a joke i rather embarrassingly mangled).

My favourite Dermie moments are when he’s asked for a one word answer and he provides a 15 minute response that makes no sense. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Hey WCW I have a terrific idea for a podcast panel staring yours truly, your good self and Uncle Bitter! 

We could be the modern day equivalent of the 3 wise persons AKA 

League Teams

FENCE, UNCLE AND WCW!in a podcast!!! WHAT A HOOT!😁

Would we have to be in the same room?

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

1 hour ago, monoccular said:

spirit - you mean they don’t just talk spin and bumf to please the media and the donors.  They tell the truth. 
I will take our Demonlanders every day.  

Correct. And they/us love the greatest footy club on planet earth 😊

49 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Would we have to be in the same room?

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

C'mon War this is the opportunity of a LIFETIME!!!😎

3 hours ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

Might be free to some - I pay 5 cents an hour to my ISP for the stream. Therefore I'm entitled to demand a high quality usage of my precious megabytes.

McDonalds has free Wifi

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, DeeBlood said:

Love the idea of the podcast but guys, you've got to improve your public speaking... too many Ums...especially Binman

Just listen to the Adelaide podcast and BInman's stats Its ridiculous....Sorry I had to turn off just couldnt stomach the Ums

I'll try again next week and see if youve fixed it

Cheers 

It's Not the state of the Union. I like the relaxed and as hoc nature of the podcast. The ums as you call them are a result of its authenticity. Lighten up.

• Like 1

Just now, Neil Crompton said:

Haha I’d prefer to watch this one.

I've never met Mr Bitters and I say this endearingly but I imagine for no reason whatsoever that he has a face for radio.

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 2

2 hours ago, Dee Boys said:

With all due respect to the contributors, there’s absolutely zero doubt that the podcast would be twice as good if it were half as long.

Fair comment.

I'm the time bandit. I appreciate the feedback and will take on board (genuinely, ie not being facetious).

• Love 1

Just now, binman said:

Fair comment.

I'm the time bandit. I appreciate the feedback and will take on board (genuinely, ie not being facetious).

the only way i would accept half the length being acceptable is if it was an hour a day

it's the best footy-focused podcast out there

yes, it's specific to the dees, but the information imparted within is extraordinarily detailed

i would happily listen to y'all cover the competition as a whole and not just melbourne as a focus

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

I'd tune in.

Stop encouraging P. Fence!

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Neil Crompton said:

Haha I’d prefer to watch this one.

What part of ‘Pickett Fence’ and ‘Bitter But Optimistic’ do you not understand????? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, picket fence said:

C'mon War this is the opportunity of a LIFETIME!!!😎

I’d do it except I’m busy on that day. I’ll be washing my hair. 

37 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

There is always a "spare room" at The Manor WCW.

( Imagine a lustful font for this post )

I’m imagining a bucket for this post

6 hours ago, darkhorse72 said:

I haven't noticed, but I listen at 1.5 speed all my podcasts. 

The podcast producer could run it through Descript, really good at moving all the filler words and spaces in the final podcast version.

https://get.descript.com/j1w4sz60dc09

6 hours ago, Demonland said:

I have tried similar "remove" filler words and dead air apps before and they have always made it sound unnatural and creates a lot more post production work for me than I have time for.

Also I love the irony of a double post with advice on brevity. 😜

I know the site did show me posting just said to wait to post.... its seems to have done multiple posts. 

Descript is good as I have used it a lot.  But as I said, I've never really noticed when listening. 

3 hours ago, Dee Boys said:

With all due respect to the contributors, there’s absolutely zero doubt that the podcast would be twice as good if it were half as long.

It's great but for people with short attention spans like yourself it can be too much

1 hour ago, binman said:

Fair comment.

Nah, I like the length. 

Thanks very much.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

There is always a "spare room" at The Manor WCW.

( Imagine a lustful font for this post )

Uber creepy, Bitters.

• Haha 3