Um

24 minutes ago, Demon trucker said:

It's great but for people with short attention spans like yourself it can be too much

It’s not so much that I’ve got a short attention span, just that I’ve got a young family, have other podcasts I try to also fit in during the week, and consequently barely ever have a free 2.5 hours for it. It wasn’t meant as an insult and glad @binman didn’t take it as such.

For those who are retired or with a bit more time on their hands, I’m sure it’s less of an issue.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

2 minutes ago, Dee Boys said:

It’s not so much that I’ve got a short attention span, just that I’ve got a young family, have other podcasts I try to also fit in during the week, and consequently barely ever have a free 2.5 hours for it. It wasn’t meant as an insult and glad @binman didn’t take it as such.

For those who are retired or with a bit more time on their hands, I’m sure it’s less of an issue.

Well yes I am sure the guys will change the format immediately,  surely just for you

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demon trucker said:

Well yes I am sure the guys will change the format immediately,  surely just for you

Huh? I’m not asking for them to change anything. They can do whatever they like! Just passing on some feedback that for people of a similar age and situation as me in that 25-50 age bracket that it’s really hard to find the time to listen to a 2.5 hour long podcast and that there’s probably a bit of fat they could cut from it. 

@binman appreciated the feedback and wasn’t offended, not sure why you seem to be?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dee Boys said:

Huh? I’m not asking for them to change anything. They can do whatever they like! Just passing on some feedback that for people of a similar age and situation as me in that 25-50 age bracket that it’s really hard to find the time to listen to a 2.5 hour long podcast and that there’s probably a bit of fat they could cut from it. 

@binman appreciated the feedback and wasn’t offended, not sure why you seem to be?

I listen to the podcast in chunks. Some of it on my commute to work and the rest of it when I walk the dog. The more Dees content that I can consume the better. It could be an hour longer in my books.

• Like 3
  • Clap 1

6 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

WORSTPODCASTEVER.png.b63e1f6d39de1ba4cf5bbd74ff8a8d4c.png

Brilliantly done with the customisations.

Edited by Left Foot Snap
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

WORSTPODCASTEVER.png.b63e1f6d39de1ba4cf5bbd74ff8a8d4c.png

This post was hard to look at as I don’t believe that comic book guy from the Simpsons actually barracks for Melbourne. I’ll try and look at this next week if you could repost it with a background that’s more believable.

Cheers.

4 hours ago, Dee Boys said:

With all due respect to the contributors, there’s absolutely zero doubt that the podcast would be twice as good if it were half as long.

Personally I'm sick of podcasts where the host is constantly saying "we've got to move on" as soon as the conversation starts to get interesting. Podcasting is the perfect format for long-form conversation.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, Demonsterative said:

Ummm, too many precious ppl on here. With feedback, spelling and grammar. 😳🧐

Play stupid games win stupid prizes? 

Except in this case, there are no winners. Just classic internet shenanigans.

• Thinking 2

11 minutes ago, Chook said:

Personally I'm sick of podcasts where the host is constantly saying "we've got to move on" as soon as the conversation starts to get interesting. Podcasting is the perfect format for long-form conversation.

Oh I agree. The actual footy chat is generally pretty good and the ones where there’s a guest like Jase Taylor, an assistant coach or a player are unmissable.

It’s more the time wasted when the host takes time out to read out verbatim the positive feedback and reviews given by listeners. Not sure why any listener would be interested in this and whenever I listen, it seems to take up great chunks of the podcast. The footy chat itself is good, but there’s fat to cut.

I think it’s a good podcast but could be better, that’s all! Others may think it’s perfect and that’s great too 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Dee Boys
  • Shocked 1

11 minutes ago, Dee Boys said:

Oh I agree. The actual footy chat is generally pretty good and the ones where there’s a guest like Jase Taylor, an assistant coach or a player are unmissable.

It’s more the time wasted when the host takes time out to read out verbatim the positive feedback and reviews given by listeners. Not sure why any listener would be interested in this and whenever I listen, it seems to take up great chunks of the podcast. The footy chat itself is good, but there’s fat to cut.

I think it’s a good podcast but could be better, that’s all! Others may think it’s perfect and that’s great too 🤷‍♂️

Most podcast players have a fast forward button. 

I like including the audience and rewarding them for helping us out with the feedback and giving them a shout out to feel included and see the podcast as an extension of this community that we have built together over a quarter of a century. 

• Like 4
  • Clap 5

5 minutes ago, Demonland said:

I like including the audience and rewarding them for helping us out with the feedback and giving them a shout out to feel included and see the podcast as an extension of this community that we have built together over a quarter of a century. 

It is the ‘Demonland’ podcast after all.

2 hours ago, Neil Crompton said:

You’d handle both of them with one arm tied behind your back. They’d be WCW’d.

2 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

There is always a "spare room" at The Manor WCW.

It's likely WCW will end up with more than one arm tied behind her back if she dares visit The Manor. Think below.

2 hours ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

The traffic of which is harvested and immediately diverted to 12 nation states for nefarious means.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dee Boys said:

With all due respect to the contributors, there’s absolutely zero doubt that the podcast would be twice as good if it were half as long.

No! No no no! Doesn't listen to him Andy, there is nothing wrong with 2hr plus podcasts as long as the content is engaging. I recently started listening to a podcast whose episodes average 6 hours each, that's the beauty of the medium, you are not constrained by pre-conceived timeslots and can leave off and pick up again without missing a beat and allows for long form discussion.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, Demonland said:

For what it’s worth, I love that you guys include the audience, take questions from everyone and allow us all to feel connected to a community.  I think it’s one of the key reasons for the success of the pod and the site.

• Like 3
  • Clap 1

7 minutes ago, Rossmillan said:

For what it’s worth, I love that you guys include the audience, take questions from everyone and allow us all to feel connected to a community.  I think it’s one of the key reasons for the success of the pod and the site.

Oh absolutely - by all means include the questions, they’re often great.

But if it’s just someone going “Hi Andy, love the podcast, I reckon binman is the best thing since sliced bread and my favourite ever player was Rod Grinter. Go Dees etc etc”, that sort of stuff to me is a waste of time and I wonder what the benefit is. That’s just a review and feedback for you as a host, not sure why anybody else would be interested.

But it’s your podcast, and your prerogative to run it as you please!

Edited by Dee Boys

6 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I’d much prefer if it was less personable and was narrated more like the Casefile True Crime podcast. 

I personally would prefer if the whole podcast was sung as a musical to the tune of Bohemian Rhapsody. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Dee Boys said:

Oh absolutely - by all means include the questions, they’re often great.

But if it’s just someone going “Hi Andy, love the podcast, I reckon binman is the best thing since sliced bread and my favourite ever player was Rod Grinter. Go Dees etc etc”, that sort of stuff to me is a waste of time and I wonder what the benefit is. That’s just a review and feedback for you as a host, not sure why anybody else would be interested.

But it’s your podcast, and your prerogative to run it as you please!

It’s a way of acknowledging that feedback and reviews are read and appreciated. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

It’s a way of acknowledging that feedback and reviews are read and appreciated. 

Just say “thanks for your reviews and feedback”!

Imagine if for instance the Fox footy podcast or the deebrief spent half their shows detailing every positive review they received rather than talking about actual footy, how bored you’d get of them.

For me, I listen to a podcast cos I’m interested in the subject matter and I’d assume that would be the same for most people? Not sure I’m saying anything earth shattering. And if you disagree that’s fine too, I’m not trying to have a blue with anyone!

Edited by Dee Boys

Just now, BoBo said:

I personally would prefer if the whole podcast was sung as a musical to the tune of Bohemian Rhapsody. 

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality.
Open your eyes,
Look up to the skies and see,
I'm just a Demon, I need no sympathy,
Because we beat Adelaide, four games in a row, you see.

Easy goals, easy marks,
Anywhere the ball goes, doesn't really matter to me, to me.
Judd McVee, just kicked a goal,
Steven May, plays with a broken back, oh,
Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Clap 3

2 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality.
Open your eyes,
Look up to the skies and see,
I'm just a Demon, I need no sympathy,
Because we beat Adelaide, four games in a row, you see.

Easy goals, easy marks,
Anywhere the ball goes, doesn't really matter to me, to me.
Judd McVee, just kicked a goal,
Steven May, plays with a broken back, oh,
Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me.

*head bangs at every Melbourne game imagining these lyrics*

10 minutes ago, Dee Boys said:

Just say “thanks for your reviews and feedback”!

Imagine if the Fox footy podcast or the deebrief spent half their shows detailing every positive piece of feedback they received, how bored you’d get of them.

I dunno man, this space feels like a real community and I like that these guys put in so much effort for no pay to reinforce that feeling. This isn’t fox footy, it’s Demonland. 

There’s enough corporate feeling podcasts out there, I personally like that I feel like I’m listening to people that I engage with on this platform. 

I’m sure the guys wouldn’t mind constructive feedback, but maybe like the OP, send them a private message. Could feel like a kick in the teeth airing this on public forum that they didn’t ask for feedback on… as again, they do it for free. 

• Like 2
  • Clap 5