Good news week (positive news only)

9 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Blue sky outlook 

Round one 2024 

7. The voltaren worked for Tmcd and BBB. Both contributed today. Not great but not carried by any means. They can come back next week. 

Dencorub! (yes i've tried both and i'm an old bugger with a creaky BB knee)

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Roost it far said:

How good are Mondays when you know you kept the faith and the boys have a good win 😂🤓😂

Even better after a FREE Grill'd Vegi burger!!

Buy one get one free (any burger!)

Today only!

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Haha 2

We don’t have exact $ figures yet but we sold every last Gussy helmet, with every dollar going to the Danny Frawley Centre. One awesome couple bought 30 helmets ($600) but didn’t collect them, instead telling us to sell them again. Another generous person bought 10 but only collected one and asked that the others be given to folks in our bay who for whatever reason didn’t have one. Then there was some who paid more than the set price. Demons supporters are amazing ❤️💙

Danielle Frawley was very grateful…

79D9F9DA-BE09-4798-9CF9-6BD96D82A7DE.thumb.jpeg.aa74f5c13ad9749aad1100e7de672b12.jpeg

52E71453-2E3D-4EAA-B6DC-20089A8CBF29.thumb.jpeg.c57988df80939a1ede941fbec16e0075.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 10

23 hours ago, Roost it far said:

Hats off to TMac and BBB, they really showed something. I wonder what the staff see in TMac over Tomlinson, similar output I would of thought.

I rewatched the game last night and TMac's performance was absolutely sublime. He's far ahead of Tomlinson imo.

• Like 5

Helmets were a great idea

The tv coverage however failed ed to show them I guess its too controversial

• Like 2

On 14/03/2024 at 07:09, BDA said:

We should restart any other of the many negative news threads to draw away the doom mongers from this thread

*Fixed

Edit: Apologies @WalkingCivilWar; you'd already posted similarly, I see!

Edited by Timothy Reddan-A'Blew
  • Like 1

On 16/03/2024 at 19:21, DeeZone said:

Having Gus on the bench as the conduit between coaches and players on match days will be a big boon for our playing group - Starting tomorrow.❤️💙💕

Definitely!

He'll need to tag team carefully with Choco, though, I think?

• Thanks 1

Another good news week possibility. Pies are facing the prospect of going 0-3. Saints are no walkovers and coming off a loss, will want to make up for it. Expect another solid hit-out and the real possibility of a 'premiership hangover' media narrative developing over the Pies.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Kent said:

But they loved the “blues bros” - couldn’t get enough of that tripe 

You hit the nail on the head the AFL and 7 would rather push that whole Maynard fiasco under the carpet 

I hope he cops it in every game he plays and I would love JV to run straight through him (legally of course) when he fronts up to us next time 

• Like 4
  • Clap 3

36 minutes ago, Kent said:

This is what I suspect, too. The helmets are a reminder of the AFL  at the tribunal in their attempt to appear as though they were serious about head trauma, only to dish up a half-arsed performance coz Collingwood. That’s how I see it.

I watched the replay yesterday and was disappointed to see that after only one of *our goals they showed the cheer squad as opposed to after almost every goal in other matches, and even then because of all the flags and giant heads waving, the helmets weren’t visible. It’s a shame because we may well have raised more $ for the Danny Frawley Centre had we been given exposure.

* The WB cheer squad were shown after three of their goals which is also less than usual. I guess the idea was to even things up. 🤷‍♀️ 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Sydee said:

But they loved the “blues bros” - couldn’t get enough of that tripe 

You hit the nail on the head the AFL and 7 would rather push that whole Maynard fiasco under the carpet 

I hope he cops it in every game he plays and I would love JV to run straight through him (legally of course) when he fronts up to us next time 

They did look awesome, but happy that we only have to see them when Carlton play in Brisbane. What sch!tts me no end is that they were QLD-based Carlton members wearing matching ($165) outfits just for the spectacle of it. Our display was to raise $ and awareness for a very important cause, yet the cameras lapped them up and ignored us. 

• Like 1
  • Clap 4

14 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

This is what I suspect, too. The helmets are a reminder of the AFL  at the tribunal in their attempt to appear as though they were serious about head trauma, only to dish up a half-arsed performance coz Collingwood. That’s how I see it.

I watched the replay yesterday and was disappointed to see that after only one of *our goals they showed the cheer squad as opposed to after almost every goal in other matches, and even then because of all the flags and giant heads waving, the helmets weren’t visible. It’s a shame because we may well have raised more $ for the Danny Frawley Centre had we been given exposure.

* The WB cheer squad were shown after three of their goals which is also less than usual. I guess the idea was to even things up. 🤷‍♀️ 

Keep selling them before games at the MCG. Eventually they’ll be enough of them they can’t be avoided

• Like 3

On 15/03/2024 at 08:55, kryton101 said:

This is my granddaughter’s first AFL season!  My daughter first broke the “ I’m pregnant” news by showing me the demons onesie size 0.  She now also has the little the demons jumper my mum knitted for her (my daughter), which has been waiting patiently worn by a teddy for 28 years.   

now that is good news congrats Krytie

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

34 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Thanks WCW we are involved with a corrupt organization in my view The commentators made no mention of the helmets I'm guessing  they need their jobs

• Angry 2

23 minutes ago, Kent said:

Thanks WCW we are involved with a corrupt organization in my view The commentators made no mention of the helmets I'm guessing  they need their jobs

Got good attention in the Coach's presser at least.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Roost it far said:

Keep selling them before games at the MCG. Eventually they’ll be enough of them they can’t be avoided

We’re getting heaps of requests for them. So that may happen. 

• Thanks 1