Maynard must get at least four weeks

leave it to deever

1 hour ago, Superunknown said:

I’m confused about the conflicts of interest here - these have been laid bare through Christian’s conduct and Gleeson’s concern for a player potential missing finals, noting Gleeson is apparently a Collingwood supporter. Oughtn’t our club be raising these concerns?

I feel your expectations are not in line with reality Super.

This comp and those that lead it has shown itself to be completely compromised for decades now.

Absolutely nothing has changed on the inside in terms of its leadershiip style / culture, the influencers from club land (those now participating and other ex offcio power brokers) and no doubt others who have a say in the outcomes and pull some strings.

For as long as you follow this comp and support a team that doesn't sit within the AFL's circle of influence you have to expect more of the same biased outcomes, iniquities and corrupt decisions such as we witnessed last night.

It is not a fair nor equitable competition and probably never will be.

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AzzKikA said:

Oh ok so we insult someone with a different view, how mature of you all.

There is a lot of viewing through red and blue glasses here. I guarantee with 100% accuracy if it was gus jumping into Maynard all of your opinions would be reversed. I hate Maynard and think he is a dirty player but in this instance I don't not believe there was malice. I also don't believe either player is to blame hence the football act.

Don't know why I am bothering as you all will only see it 1 way. Next time I'll keep my opinion to myself so I don't get jumped on for having a differing one.

You know AZK that the intent was to have contact and damage after the kick got past the person trying to "smother"

With that intent the intender sought out where most of the opposing body part was. That being the shoulder/head area result ......Brayshaw unconscious.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demonland said:

It's on the front page of the Age as well. I thought it was at a Collingwood function, but apparently it was in a Chinese restaurant and he announced it to the room. How embarrassment - you can even hear his son in the background, telling him to sit down. They are foul, from top to bottom, and they wonder why everybody takes delight in the Collywobbles.

• Like 2
  • Vomit 1

If the AFL doesn't appeal then it just proves how totally corrupt it is.

The big clubs like Collingwood and Carlton get their way, but the smaller clubs like Melbourne get shafted.

The AFL has lost all credibility now and it will open itself up to more litigation from former players wishing to sue due to concussion issues.

This is bad karma to screw over Angus Brayshaw and allow Brayden "the Thug" Maynard to get away with what he did! I agree with Shaun Smith the AFL are a disgrace! I hope that both the AFL and Collingwood get what they deserve! Bunch of [censored]!!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Like 1
  • Clap 2
  • Vomit 1

4 hours ago, layzie said:

Let's get this appeal happening 

What’s the point though, Layz? If the AFL were serious about it they would’ve made an effort yesterday instead of that half-arzed waste of time of a presentation they dished up. An appeal would only serve as another unnecessary distraction and further angst. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kev martin said:

I thought he moved the right way, opposite to the balls movement. 

If number 4 was playing the ball, he would have gone to his right.

Gus moving diagonally away from the ball means he clears from the impact area, if the ball was being played at.

Number 4 was tracking Gus.

Gus moved the correct way so as to avoid a collision, if was expecting the opponent to attack the ball.

Number 4 launched before he knew where the ball was heading, as shown by having to reach out when in Frisbee mode, therefore he jumped into the players line and had no idea where the ball was.

Football action (haha), and if so then an unrealistic attempt, causing concussion. 

I don't believe Brayshaw was doing anything other than kicking the ball deep forward ... and to do that he had to move naturally to his right for maximum effect (power & distance in the kick)

He probably saw Maynard at the last moment but probably wasn't expecting Maynard to cannon into him ... as was happens a stack of times during the course of a game

• Thanks 1

Eddie McGuire is the finest example of why the world is a steaming pile of [censored] headed for extinction.

This man led an organisation with systemic racism, and is still allowed a platform from which to exist and express his unnecessary views.

How utterly embarrassing. 

• Like 8
  • Clap 2

Clock is ticking   AFL appealing?

All i hear is crickets.

From the get go this has almost been entirely about Maynard and Pies playing finals. Brayshaw doesnt exist. Who cares about him except MFC?  Nobody expecially McGuire. 

Unlikely but possible AFL might get its Pies v Blues GF dream game.

• Angry 2

Just now, Macca said:

I don't believe Brayshaw was doing anything other than kicking the ball deep forward ... and to do that he had to move naturally to his right for maximum effect (power & distance in the kick)

He probably saw Maynard at the last moment but probably wasn't expecting Maynard to cannon into him ... as was happens a stack of times during the course of a game

If Maynard apparently had no time to make a decision to lessen the hit on Gus, then likewise Gus had no time to move away from Maynard. This argument they kept going on about goes both ways, but not when you are hellbent on getting a Collingwood player off suspension. 

• Like 5
  • Clap 1

3 minutes ago, Macca said:

I have a feeling that was the second clearance that Brayshaw successfully had from the centre. So we could assume that Maynard was placed by the Coach where he was to pick Brayshaw uo coming out of the middle. The rest is history.

Maynard actually came off the ground after that as well, didn't he.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

Supports Celtic and Collingwood. What do you expect? 

Eddie is a fat sack of excrement in a shirt with a face like a frog.

Hope he choked on his spring rolls at that fancy Chinese restaurant he went to!

He is isn't even Collingwood President anymore but he carries on like a pork chop! Shut your [censored] hole of a mouth Eddie!

• Haha 1
  • Clap 1

7 minutes ago, OhMyDees said:

Watch the fix! Umpires will give the game to the Blues on Friday. 

Whichever umpires have shown the most love towards Carlton this season will get priority selection by Tricky Gil.   He needs MFC out of the finals this Friday to tie up loose ends from Tuesday.

AFL not appealing?  Past the deadline.12 midday. shucks.

• Like 2

apart from missing the appeal deadline, has the afl actually made any comment at all re last might's decision?

or is it just going to ignore the elepant in the room and retreat to the quiet corner?

just heard on radio. afl has declared it will not make an appeal and will make a statement later in the day

so we wait for a lot of weasel words prepared by their pr dept. will be nothing to see here.

• Like 2