Jump to content

NON-MFC: Finals Week 01


Demonland

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BDA said:

What is it with all the Bedford revisionism in this thread. He did not show this kind of form when playing for us. And he had chances to do so.

No he didn't and in the short stints he did have, which were barely enough to show anything, he showed enough to re-sign for at least one more season.

Played a VN game/role in the Premiership win also.

Edited by Demon Dynasty
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

No he didn't and in the short stints he did have, which were barely enough to show anything, he showed enough to re-sign for at least one more season.

Played a VN game/role in the Premiership win also.

We offered him a contract. FD wouldn't do that if they didn't think he could contribute.  Why didn't he stay with us and fight for his place like Chandler did? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Bedford played exactly as we thought we would.   Pace.  Pressure. Goalscoring. After being sub for 8-9 games and dropped , he wanted to be given a chance. Goodwin and others seriously got this one wrong imv.  He always looked like a player.  This is not hindsight.  We called it out over the past 3 years when he was on our list.  

100% NS.

I love how some on here make statements as if fact... that no one on here saw the upside in him and said nothing before his entre' efforts with  the Giants.

A number of Landers saw the potential well before he was let go and were dissapointed that he was let go.

Edited by Demon Dynasty
Link to comment
Share on other sites

GWS will be hoping the bears towel Port so they can play them next week. 
 

They will beat Port at Port and go into the prelims. 
 

From there, if they make the granny and the bears make the granny, GWS will win the flag. 
 

They have the talent, the game plan and the mongrel for finals footy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

A number of Landers saw the potential well before he was let go and were dissapointed that he was let go.

he wasn't let go. he was offered a contract but decided to go elsewhere. it was his decision not the FD. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BDA said:

A lot of hindsight Harry’s in this thread

You and Dub are arguing about hindsights and that he was given enough of a chance.

Now you're arguing contract negotiations and he shouldve just stayed.  That's a diff argument altogether and one that im pretty sure most on here would have no inside info as to how it played out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, BDA said:

he wasn't let go. he was offered a contract but decided to go elsewhere. it was his decision not the FD. 

He must have gotten a more lucrative  offer then BDA which we didnt want to match.

Edited by Demon Dynasty
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just now, Demon Dynasty said:

You and Dub are arguing about hindsights and that he was given enough of a chance.

Now you're arguing contract negotiations and he shouldve just stayed.  That's a diff argument altogether and one that im pretty sure most on here would have no inside info as to how it played out.

you said he was let go. he wasn't. he was offered a contract.

there are comments on here that the FD should have recognised his talent. They recognised something otherwise they wouldn't have offered him a contract.

Personally, I don't think that he showed enough. Thats a matter of opinion which we can disagree on

He's had a great year. Good luck to him. Many the change of environment was what he needed. A bit like Perter Wright who i didn't think could produce what he did. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BDA said:

you would think so. or maybe more years.

Correct.  No club is going to get every list choice correct but some Landers did see his potential prior to leaving and said so.

Not every comment on here is based on the benefit of 'Harry Hindsight' 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, BoBo said:

GWS will be hoping the bears towel Port so they can play them next week. 
 

They will beat Port at Port and go into the prelims. 
 

From there, if they make the granny and the bears make the granny, GWS will win the flag. 
 

They have the talent, the game plan and the mongrel for finals footy. 

I hate the so-called "expansion clubs". I don't want to see them win. Not many will be celebrating.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Green Demon said:

I hate the so-called "expansion clubs". I don't want to see them win. Not many will be celebrating.

Fair enough. 
 

Im purely selfish about it from day to day. 
 

I would rather a corporate, soulless and vacuous entity like GWS find success than to have to endure the endless amount of entitled and arrogant verbal diarrhoea spewing from the mouths of Pies and Carlton supporters by one year of success.

 

If GWS play the pies and blues 5 times each in the next 10 grand finals, then I will be cheering GWS to their tenth flag in a row until my voice is destroyed. 
 

I cannot express how much disdain I have for those clubs. 
 

I wish them nothing but misery. 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BoBo said:

Fair enough. 
 

Im purely selfish about it from day to day. 
 

I would rather a corporate, soulless and vacuous entity like GWS find success than to have to endure the endless amount of entitled and arrogant verbal diarrhoea spewing from the mouths of Pies and Carlton supporters by one year of success.

 

If GWS play the pies and blues 5 times each in the next 10 grand finals, then I will be cheering GWS to their tenth flag in a row until my voice is destroyed. 
 

I cannot express how much disdain I have for those clubs. 
 

I wish them nothing but misery. 

 

 

You make good points 😁. Port or Brisbane winning would be somewhere in the middle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


14 minutes ago, loges said:

So who do we want to win tonight?

PORT! I can’t stand the Lions. Didn’t particularly like nor dislike them up until round 23 last year but since then I’ve been giving my Dane Zorko voodoo doll a hiding.  The crushed nuts incident (thanks Touk!) is only partly satisfying. Them going out in straight sets this year will go a ways to eventual appeasement.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    PREGAME: Rd 16 vs Brisbane

    The Demons head back on the road for their fifth interstate trip this season when they head up to Brisbane to take on the Lions under lights on Friday night at the Gabba. Who comes in and who goes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 77

    PODCAST: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Tuesday, 25th June @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons victory at the MCG over the Kangaroos in the Round 15. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 29

    VOTES: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

    Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over the injured reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Alex Neal-Bullen, Steven May, & Jack Viney make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Kangaroos. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 43

    POSTGAME: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

    The Demons almost blew a six goal lead and ultimately hung on to win by three points over the North Melbourne Kangaroos at the MCG and have temporarily jumped back into the Top 8.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 511

    GAMEDAY: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

    It's Game Day and it very well could be the last roll of the dice for the Demon's finals aspirations in 2024. A loss to the bottom side would be another embarrassing moment in a cursed year for the Dees whilst a win could be the spark they need to reignite the fire in the belly.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 709

    THE HUNTER by The Oracle

    Something struck me as I sat on the couch watching the tragedy of North Melbourne’s attempt to beat Collingwood unfold on Sunday afternoon at the MCG.    It was three quarter time, the scoreboard had the Pies on 12.7.79, a respectable 63.16% in terms of goal kicking ratio. Meanwhile, the Roos’ 18.2.110 was off the charts at 90.00% shooting accuracy. I was thinking at the same time of Melbourne’s final score only six days before, a woeful 6.15.51 or 28.57% against Collingwood’s 14.5.89

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 8

    FROZEN by Whispering Jack

    Who would have thought?    Collingwood had a depleted side with several star players out injured, Max Gawn was in stellar form, Christian Petracca at the top of his game and Simon Goodwin was about to pull off a masterstroke in setting Alex Neal-Bullen onto him to do a fantastic job in subduing the Magpies' best player. Goody had his charges primed to respond robustly to the challenge of turning around their disappointing performance against Fremantle in Alice Springs. And if not that, t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 7

    TURNAROUND by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons won their first game at home this year in the traditional King’s Birthday Weekend clash with Collingwood VFL on Sunday in a dramatic turnaround on recent form that breathed new life into the beleaguered club’s season. The Demons led from the start to record a 52-point victory. It was their highest score and biggest winning margin by far for the 2024 season. Under cloudy but calm conditions for Casey Fields, the home side, wearing the old Springvale guernsey as a mark of res

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    PREGAME: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

    After two disappointing back to back losses the Demons have the bye in Round 14 and then face perennial cellar dweller North Melbourne at the MCG on Saturday night in Round 15. Who comes in and who goes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 509
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...