PREGAME: QF vs Collingwood

Demonland

3 hours ago, Wodjathefirst said:

Every time I look, the weather forecast for Thursday gets crappier and crappier.  Not good.

Since I last looked the temp has gone up 2 degrees to 19 now. The 90% chance of rain might not be that cold.

49 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Spargo is firming as a possible selection in place of TMac in my opinion. (assuming wet/greasy conditions) Looking windy as well. Not great for our high forward bombs

Pity that Schache hasn't come on.

I read this a lot about our high bombs. Are we still doing this? I don’t think so. 

• Like 2

Good. Play players who are not 100% fit and see what happens.

AA TEAM   just now i bothered to have a look at it.

Hilarious. 2 St.kilda players in the backline.  I'd back in the  Dees backline ahead of that lot  in big games. WTF would Aints know.

The obssession with Bulldogs and Saints players over the years is mind boggllng. The Bont excluded.

Without Fritsch Melbourne FC could become the first team to win a flag without a  forward line.

It could happen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

This post may be written in jest, but I really don't like it. Cox wears his glasses to stop him from going blind from another eye injury. It's OK not to like him, but let's not wish him a serious, life-changing injury.

Well then tell him not to ride his knees into Gawn's back at every opportunity

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Wodjathefirst said:

Every time I look, the weather forecast for Thursday gets crappier and crappier.  Not good.

So stop looking at the forecast! 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Clap 1

26 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

They've added in a chance of hail on Thursday in the Bom forecast just issued

If the weather forecast doesn’t change I’m going to put money on the Pies. I just don’t think we have enough good ball users to take smart options and try and hit up targets in the wet. It’s a real risk that we’ll revert to bombing it in and get caught on the rebound with chaos ground ball that Elliott and the like will love.

The boys won’t care how wet it is. In the first 8 weeks of 2021 we played in the rain about 4-5 times and won them all.
This season we’ve lost a couple of close ones in the wet and some of our best footy came in the pouring rain during the third quarter of the Port game where we piled on 7 goals. 
Us being no good in the rain is a little overblown I think.

• Like 10
  • Clap 1

2 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

The boys won’t care how wet it is. In the first 8 weeks of 2021 we played in the rain about 4-5 times and won them all.
This season we’ve lost a couple of close ones in the wet and some of our best footy came in the pouring rain during the third quarter of the Port game where we piled on 7 goals. 

The Alice Spring game was the worst.

Predicted score had us wining by 5 goals that day.

1 minute ago, ElDiablo14 said:

The Alice Spring game was the worst.

Predicted score had us wining by 5 goals that day.

Oh yeah, forgot about that one. A squillion 50 entries for 5 goals. Was thinking Port and Carlton only. 

57 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

We’re 0-5 in the wet this year.

What’s that saying that if you throw a bunch of darts at the board… 

Weirdly, we only played 1 wet game last year and actually won it (Freo-rd 20)

This forecast is disastrous.. our whole game fab falls apart in the wet

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3

9 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

I was about to post the same thing. How do you reckon the Pies run and carry goes on the wet? We’re about to grind out 3 wins and take home the Flag. Rain ain’t stopping that.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

We’re 0-5 in the wet this year.

What’s that saying that if you throw a bunch of darts at the board… 

Weirdly, we only played 1 wet game last year and actually won it (Freo-rd 20)

What’s the minimum amount of time it has to rain during a game to constitute a ‘wet’ match? It rained during the Richmond game later in the year and we won that. Are you counting gather round in your 0-5? 
That loss had nothing to do with the rain. It was obvious from the first ten minutes we weren’t covering the ground well at all. 

• Like 3