POSTGAME: Rd 01 vs Western Bulldogs

Demonland

Ran the game out, reflects our preparation.

We had a clean, fast start.

Our capacity to deal with momentum control has improved. We wrestled the momentum by getting some tempo and composure when we had the ball.

The structural changes continue to develop, with an emphasis on roles still holding firm.

The ball movement patterns have made for a very quick but unpredictable delivery into the 50.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, sue said:

Has there been any discussion of Clarry's kicking the ball over the fence? (I avoid the game day thread religiously).  What motivated him?

At that point of the game we were having several brain fades 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Fork 'em said:

Melbourne supporters as a base are pretty reserved ... Sadly.

THE CHEER SQUAD SAYS HELLO AND WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?????

😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clap 3

2 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Good to see our AFLW team do a Premiership lap of honour.  But disappointed that the applause wasn't what was deserved.

I don't think many realised it was them coming on as the announcer was that lady with the screechy voice that makes your ears bleed.

I had my fingers in my ears whenever she started speaking.  Truth!

Wasn't till they got to the southern wing that i realised it was the AFLW team doing a lap

Pleeeeease  ....Bring back Robbo!!

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Gawndy the Great said:

Browsing the media outlets and Kozzy headlines everywhere. Let’s see if Buddy gets the same attention given Collins was take off due to concussion.

I bet my left nut buddy walks free and Kozzie cops 2-3 just because they will make an example out of a Melbourne player again 🤮

Edited by DemonOX
  • Vomit 2

2 minutes ago, DemonOX said:

I bet my left nut buddy walks free and Kozzie cops 2-3 just because they will make an example out of a Melbourne player again 🤮

That’s a sure thing. But don’t worry about honouring the bet. 🤭

• Haha 3
  • Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

I don't think many realised it was them coming on as the announcer was that lady with the screechy voice that makes your ears bleed.

I had my fingers in my ears whenever she started speaking.  Truth!

Wasn't till they got to the southern wing that i realised it was the AFLW team doing a lap

Pleeeeease  ....Bring back Robbo!!

She had the most horrendous screech. Everyone around us commented on it.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BoBo said:

Some great signs. 

Defence was rock-solid. Tomlinson was fantastic. Had my worries about May being out but that proved to be unfounded. Tommo deserves high praise. 

Maxy, best ruckman of my lifetime hands down. I’ve never seen another ruckman cause as much damage, as consistently, as he does. So adding Grundy on top of that is absurd. 

Couldn’t ask anymore than a 50 point win!!!

Max Gawn is the Adam Gilchrist of ruckman.

Changes the requirements of the position and has genuine good character 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sue said:

Has there been any discussion of Clarry's kicking the ball over the fence? (I avoid the game day thread religiously).  What motivated him?

I think it got swept under the rug because we won... and.... it's.... Clarry. But it was maybe the dumbest thing I've ever seen a Melbourne player do on the field. Up there with ANB playing on from out of bounds in the 2018 prelim.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bang Bang Bang said:

I think it got swept under the rug because we won... and.... it's.... Clarry. But it was maybe the dumbest thing I've ever seen a Melbourne player do on the field. Up there with ANB playing on from out of bounds in the 2018 prelim.

You've never heard of Jack Fitzpatrick I assume....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

The Dogs board on BigFooty had some funny comments

First the hilarious headline "Dogs discombombulated by Mt Buller"

Then the Poll "Do you still have any faith in Bevo?"

Then the comments.....

• Daniel horrendous down back. Get him out.
  • delivery into forward line absolute dog****.
  • pantsed in the centre clearances. Ours are scraggy kicks into the forward line meanwhile Melbourne transfer into goals
  • Massive work rate and fitness disparity between the teams. Melbourne absolutely dominated the GPS numbers
  • I've had colonoscopies that were more enjoyable than tonight's game
  • Teams walking it out the middle on 5-6 goal runs where we STILL don't seem to have an answer for. 
  • I didn't think it was possible but a full pre season of work has actually made Bailey Smiths kicking even worse.
  • Saints next week will be a good test to see if we are actually bottom four material or just our usual mid-table
  • I wanna give Baker a chance but the Dees have the best talent ID and coaching atm, so them delisting him is a bit of a red flag. 1 tackle for the game is just not good enough.
  • Pickett and Chandler had more tackles between them than ALL our forwards combined 
  • Williams wtf? You're a 100 gamer with more anxiety than my ex
  • SLobb has managed to pilfer us out of $3m, well done young man
  • Hannan had 6 disposals, 4 of which were clangers and 3 that led to turnovers
  • Once Max inevitably decided enough was enough and took control of the game. What did we do? We continued on with our determined strategy of proving to all the football world the very definition of insanity by sticking with the one paced centre combo of English, The Bont, Macrae and Libba. It was clear as the view from the top of Mount Everest on a sunny day that Max was spoon feeding his dynamic duo the ball out wide and that none of our centre combo had the speed to go with them.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 3

15 hours ago, Stiff Arm said:

So you're writing him off after one game? Seriously???

Spargo was good tonight. Another one if your 'not up to it' players,  hey?

Not writing him of but with competition for places 4 possesions aint going to cut it. Dont blame me if he gets dropped coz I have been saying it for months, based on my training reports he has hardly shown anything that deserves a senior game and I'll stand by that comment. Re Spargo, yes he was good and in fact if you had read my traing reports I have mentioned him a few times as a big improver. Anything else???

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Shame on those Dees fans who booed Sauce. He was delisted ffs.

Yep really embarrassing stuff. We told him to bugger off and now we are booing him? So dumb.

I can only imagine the boos Grundy will get on King Birthday from the brain dead nuffies who barrack for the Pies 

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Bang Bang Bang said:

Jake Melksham did the same near the end of 2021 against Adelaide. He got dropped after that and it could have ruined his chance of playing in a premiership. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Crow Batty said:

Jake Melksham did the same near the end of 2021 against Adelaide. He got dropped after that and it could have ruined his chance of playing in a premiership. 

So what you’re saying is, we should drop Oliver?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Yep really embarrassing stuff. We told him to bugger off and now we are booing him? So dumb.

I can only imagine the boos Grundy will get on King Birthday from the brain dead nuffies who barrack for the Pies 

Personally I don’t boo ex-Dees, but I won’t have any problem should our fans boo Dogga. Entirely different kettle of fish. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

So what you’re saying is, we should drop Oliver?

No, Oliver is a powerhouse but Melksham’s form was a bit dodgy at the time. Didn’t do his chances any good to keep his place in the team at the time.

Edited by John Crow Batty
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Not writing him of but with competition for places 4 possesions aint going to cut it. Dont blame me if he gets dropped coz I have been saying it for months, based on my training reports he has hardly shown anything that deserves a senior game and I'll stand by that comment. Re Spargo, yes he was good and in fact if you had read my traing reports I have mentioned him a few times as a big improver. Anything else???

Yes, you like to pick a whipping boy but pretend you never did once they improve

1 minute ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Personally I don’t boo ex-Dees, but I won’t have any problem should our fans boo Dogga. Entirely different kettle of fish. 

$cully

$cott Thompson

Dogga

Can all get stuffed

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 4

1 minute ago, Gawndy the Great said:

I’ll be making sure I’m at that game with a bag of fisherman’s friends and butterscotch menthols. 

A cheer squad staple. We reckon they should sponsor us. 😛

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Good to see our AFLW team do a Premiership lap of honour.  But disappointed that the applause wasn't what was deserved.

Agree LH it was a shame they entered at the Bulldogs end they didn’t get much love until they reached the Southern Stand where they received better recognition but there were a lot of people out of their seats and crowd noise was a bit muted.!!

• Like 3