Training and Trackwatching

Demonland

Saw the Collywobbles training at Gosch's on the telly (ch9).

What a crowd they pull!

Wish we had the same numbers. Often, I am one out of a handful, and occasionally I feel the only one there.

Oh, the media has always turned up at Gosch's this season.

Why don't the MFC encourage more spectators at training? 

I would like to see more post to say training is open, and get the Casey supporters on board out there.

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 7
  • Clap 3

11 minutes ago, kev martin said:

What a crowd they pull!

Wish we had the same numbers. Often, I am one out of a handful, and occasionally I feel the only one there.

It helps that most Pies fans are on Centrelink 😉

• Haha 8
  • Clap 1

10 hours ago, kev martin said:

What a crowd they pull!

I would like to see more post to say training is open, and get the Casey supporters on board out there.

Sorry...must have missed something.. How are the Filth on Goschs ? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, beelzebub said:

Sorry...must have missed something.. How are the Filth on Goschs ? 

Yes, apparently the Glass house surface suffered in a down pour of rain. 

I think they have had a couple of runs on it now.

Perhaps if the Woods dig ours up with use, the Glass will have a perfect surface later, and the Gosch doesn't get a training break, which would have been useful for its rehab.

Another problem with using community ovals. Anyone has the right to book that space. Maybe Richmond will be the next one. Get a practice on an MCG sized ground (LOL).

Edited by kev martin
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, kev martin said:

Yes, apparently the Glass house surface suffered in a down pour of rain. 

I think they have had a couple of runs on it now.

Perhaps if the Woods dig ours up with use, the Glass will have a perfect surface later, and the Gosch doesn't get a training break, which would have been useful for its rehab.

Another problem with using community ovals. Anyone has the right to book that space. Maybe Richmond will be the next one. Get a practice on an MCG sized ground (LOL).

Am a little confused over this. Weren't we chucked off Goschs  ?? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, beelzebub said:

Am a little confused over this. Weren't we chucked off Goschs  ?? 

I am also confused. Several MFC supporters and the MFC tipped in bucketloads  to have Gosch's widened and re-surfaced only 12 months ago.

• Like 2

We have been kicked out of AAMI for the FIFA women’s World Cup.

No point training at Gosch’s.

The price we pay for not having our own facility.

When some say our facilities are as good as anyone’s else’s this is only one example of why they are not.

• Like 11
  • Clap 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/5/2023 at 12:14 PM, kev martin said:

What a crowd they pull!

We had some there celebrating some milestones Kev and you got a little bit putout because "no one told me" about it. 

Training would be attended more if we only used Goschs and I respect what you have done in getting to Casey some times under duress. We have all appreciated your excellent efforts at bringing the news from the track and hope it's easier for the rest of the season on you and we finish off in style with some wins and have a say  in Finals this year again like 2021.

• Like 2

On 7/5/2023 at 9:14 PM, kev martin said:

What a crowd they pull!

The communication of open days seems ok Kev

All this closed stuff at Casey is an unknown though.

Do all clubs have their main sessions as closed sessions?  I assume so eh

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Demon Dynasty said:

The communication of open days seems ok Kev

School holidays are a great time for open days at training.

The last open training was the reconciliation day, and was posted at the last moment, and only a few outsiders were there.

There was one that was during school holidays, but was a 10 year consecutive members viewing, and therefore not posted.

A few have been captain's runs, where it is little more than a 1/2 hour run.

Great that at all the trainings I have been to, the players are always happy to present for photos, signings and chats, for those that wish that kind of thing.

There were some preseason open trainings that were great. As they had plenty of kids activities and the Demon Army's BBQ. 

The media are always there. Rarely and probably impossible to have closed sessions anyway.

Why not post training times and encourage the retirees, centrelink's, others with time on there hand, or a spare hour, to enjoy and create some atmosphere for the squad. Especially during a time when the club is enjoying some success. Can only help with greater membership, etcetera. 

I think they could do much better, less than a handful I'd say, have been posted this season.

Why not have a Casey open day training, especially during school holidays?

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Clap 1

7 hours ago, 58er said:

I respect what you have done in getting to Casey some times under duress.

Can never get out to Casey.

I don't have a car, and public transport is very time consuming.

There are those that can attend, but because it is posted as closed training, the club is not encouraging any spectators at trainings.

Again, I think they could and should do better.

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, kev martin said:

School holidays are a great time for open days at training.

The last open training was the reconciliation day, and was posted at the last moment, and only a few outsiders were there.

There was one that was during school holidays, but was a 10 year consecutive members viewing, and therefore not posted.

A few have been captain's runs, where it is little more than a 1/2 hour run.

Great that at all the trainings I have been to, the players are always happy to present for photos, signings and chats, for those that wish that kind of thing.

There were some preseason open trainings that were great. As they had plenty of kids activities and the Demon Army's BBQ. 

The media are always there. Rarely and probably impossible to have closed sessions anyway.

Why not post training times and encourage the retirees, centrelink's, others with time on there hand, or a spare hour, to enjoy and create some atmosphere for the squad. Especially during a time when the club is enjoying some success. Can only help with greater membership, etcetera. 

I think they could do much better, less than a handful I'd say, have been posted this season.

Why not have a Casey open day training, especially during school holidays?

Collingwood did it, why not us?

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/club/member-events

Club is falling back to the worst of years past.  No notifications or even organising these things for members. 

• Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

15 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Is she waving what I think it is?? 

Ethan. The answer to that question depends entirely upon what you think it is

Perhaps it is the flat football that our players have been attempting to score with over the past month. 

Edited by monoccular

Reported by an associate of mine who was at training today at CASEY. Clayton Oliver completed a series of run throughs at about half pace, he was being closely monitored by staff and spent some time in deep conversation. Make of that what you will!

• Thanks 4
  • Thinking 1

24 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Reported by an associate of mine who was at training today at CASEY. Clayton Oliver completed a series of run throughs at about half pace, he was being closely monitored by staff and spent some time in deep conversation. Make of that what you will!

We were at 90%..now at 50%? By this rate, Oliver will need a hamstring implant in 2 weeks time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Newspaper reports indicating it was a very low-key scratch match against the Saints at Casey - 15 per side. He kicked one goal, attended four centre square ball-ups and 16 disposals, i.e. did not transform into Tony Lockett overnight. A closer watch will be Piranha Park next Saturday - 1.05 pm. Coburg haven't won a game this year....Our AFL game is on Sunday so let's pack the place out! Coburg that is, it's a northern suburb.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kev martin said:

I noticed that our training is still occasionally in the city, at Xavier College, 135 Bakers, Kew. Looked like they had a captain's run there, before the Brissy game.

Yep Gosch’s for the ladies World Cup. This better give us some more credit  for our new training facilities.

17 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

Yep Gosch’s for the ladies World Cup. This better give us some more credit  for our new training facilities.

I think our facilities in AAMI are for the World Cup and Gosch's is being used by the Collingwood FC.

Edited by kev martin