Welcome to Demonland Matthew Jefferson

Supreme_Demon

3 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

You do realise you also have a bunch of posts on this page in opposition to Picket Fence?

Just saying...

Fine mate if you like reading the same stuff over and over that’s great 

Btw my last post was more about defending the unnecessary bagging of H Petty 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sydee said:

Fine mate if you like reading the same stuff over and over that’s great 

Btw my last post was more about defending the unnecessary bagging of H Petty 

There is an ignore function on Demonland. If he gets on your goat that much you could use this.

Just a suggestion 😉

Personally I like Picket Fence's eccentricities. Sometime OTT, but mostly written in good spirits. Usually I read them in the voice of Donald Trump and they make me laugh!

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

12 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

There is an ignore function on Demonland. If he gets on your goat that much you could use this.

Just a suggestion 😉

Personally I like Picket Fence's eccentricities. Sometime OTT, but mostly written in good spirits. Usually I read them in the voice of Donald Trump and they make me laugh!

Good advice - I’ll swap Trump for Albo though if that’s ok as I’m used to him making zero sense 

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

Maybe I have been carrying on a bit much about the "JEFFO JUGGERNAUT" perhaps this is a better illustration of how I feel about his non selection this week, a week I might add where the abomination of the Smithy's competition has Casey AGAIN having a bye.........

Tump's Toys Out The Pram - Alex Hahn Illustrator

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I read on the Captains Run training session that Jeffo informed WCW that he is now 197cm a smidge under 6’6” Vs the 195cm he was when drafted. I, like PF am also very keen to see Jeffo line up in the next couple of weeks. JvR is showing his class, Disco has shown the right signs and if all three make the grade our future prospects will go up appreciably, so you can count me in on the “Jefferson Express”.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I did some analysis of our chances of making the 8 and came up with 5% if we win this week, and 0.25% chance if we lose (and then win the last 2).
Unleash the Jeffo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 28/07/2024 at 17:06, Gawndy the Great said:

includes Petty back to Defence so that JVR, Turner and Jeffo can all play in the forward line. 

Goody needs to mix things up.

Should have done it nine weeks ago by not playing Petty fwd for the last nine.

I have tried to fathom why Petty has played in this role from many angles but still can't.

He was a solid defender with glimpses of stardom playing in the backline where he belongs 

And yes after his six goals haul against tigers last year there was some premature celebration that we have found a new great forward .

Alas despite his great game against Geelong this year, as a fwd, I don't believe he can be this gig.

What other Afl team can a player be given 18 games as a fwd when he has kicked six goals for the year?

It's got to the point where I am not sure if I eould blame Petty if he fails as defender now, because his confidence is shot. 

Ironically he's forced to play fwd now because Tmac has been doing well ( until last two games) as a defender and doesn't want to play fwd .( So the rumor goes).

In any event Petty is struggling big time and I feel is a liability now being put in this role. He has given away 24 frees this season compared to the 12 he's been awarded.

I hope next year he won't be forced to play this role and can find his old form as a defender again.

Rather than move him back as a defender this weekend with May out injured, we have bought in Tommo. 

With a return of only one goal every three games, I'm seriously thinking that we would be better off playing Tommo fwd instead.

Six goals for almost a complete season is madness. The old definition of insanity....... results not realized. But Goody is persistent beyond reason in this instance. I truly hope that Petty's confidence has been totally broken.

I wish we simply moved Petty down back and blooded Jeffo this round. Mathematically there is a possibility we could play finals but the reality is another story.

It's Goody's job as off last week's belting from the dogs ( who we beat quite comfortably earlier this year) to be switched on enough to know 2024 is done and dusted and to be focused on 2025. Alas he's not.

I like Goody. I don't want to change coaches. He delivered a flag after over half a decade of angst. Deserves another year. That said if he's not flexible next year in a game that is getting closer and more even every season, then there will be a lot of pressure upon him. And if we don't make finals next year, then the year will be a bust and the noise to remove him will only get louder. I also hope he pays close attention to any second hand players from other clubs that we are looking at before the start of next year.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, leave it to deever said:

Should have done it nine weeks ago by not playing Petty fwd for the last nine.

I have tried to fathom why Petty has played in this role from many angles but still can't.

He was a solid defender with glimpses of stardom playing in the backline where he belongs 

And yes after his six goals haul against tigers last year there was some premature celebration that we have found a new great forward .

Alas despite his great game against Geelong this year, as a fwd, I don't believe he can be this gig.

What other Afl team can a player be given 18 games as a fwd when he has kicked six goals for the year?

It's got to the point where I am not sure if I eould blame Petty if he fails as defender now, because his confidence is shot. 

Ironically he's forced to play fwd now because Tmac has been doing well ( until last two games) as a defender and doesn't want to play fwd .( So the rumor goes).

In any event Petty is struggling big time and I feel is a liability now being put in this role. He has given away 24 frees this season compared to the 12 he's been awarded.

I hope next year he won't be forced to play this role and can find his old form as a defender again.

Rather than move him back as a defender this weekend with May out injured, we have bought in Tommo. 

With a return of only one goal every three games, I'm seriously thinking that we would be better off playing Tommo fwd instead.

Six goals for almost a complete season is madness. The old definition of insanity....... results not realized. But Goody is persistent beyond reason in this instance. I truly hope that Petty's confidence has been totally broken.

I wish we simply moved Petty down back and blooded Jeffo this round. Mathematically there is a possibility we could play finals but the reality is another story.

It's Goody's job as off last week's belting from the dogs ( who we beat quite comfortably earlier this year) to be switched on enough to know 2024 is done and dusted and to be focused on 2025. Alas he's not.

I like Goody. I don't want to change coaches. He delivered a flag after over half a decade of angst. Deserves another year. That said if he's not flexible next year in a game that is getting closer and more even every season, then there will be a lot of pressure upon him. And if we don't make finals next year, then the year will be a bust and the noise to remove him will only get louder. I also hope he pays close attention to any second hand players from other clubs that we are looking at before the start of next year.

I recall Goodwin admitting in an interview some years ago being "an [censored]" for wasting Fritsch up the ground for a season & not realising (like most of us had) that Fritsch was a natural forward.

Goodie just seems obsessed with the idea that Petty is the next Neitz whereas many commentators, most footy followers & every Dees supporter I know has been calling for Petty to go to defence.

The move clearly hasn't worked & in fact has backfired badly & this seems obvious to everyone but our BT.

• Like 1
  • Clap 2
  • Thinking 1

54 minutes ago, Cranky Franky said:

I recall Goodwin admitting in an interview some years ago being "an [censored]" for wasting Fritsch up the ground for a season & not realising (like most of us had) that Fritsch was a natural forward.

Goodie just seems obsessed with the idea that Petty is the next Neitz whereas many commentators, most footy followers & every Dees supporter I know has been calling for Petty to go to defence.

The move clearly hasn't worked & in fact has backfired badly & this seems obvious to everyone but our BT.

Double Down on this comment, but Simon is obstinate to the piont of being negligent!

• Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, Cranky Franky said:

Whereas, half of Demonland spent the first half of last year complaining that we hadn't moved Petty forward.

Lisfranc injuries have ended careers and certainly curtailed many players. TMac being one of them. 

I was in the keep Petty back camp at the start of 2023, but when he went forward and impacted the way he did, I changed my view. Because, you know, you can actually change your mind. Just like believing Fritta could give us something at half back with his kicking. It wasn't the right move IMO, but it made enough sense initially, and Goody eventually accepted he got that wrong.

I would be fine with Petty getting another injury free preseason into that foot and seeing how he goes forward next year. I do think he's ultimately May's successor though.

Edited by Binmans PA
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

He and Dutton both!

Literally a Spud (in all senses of the word)!

Edited by hardtack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, hardtack said:

Literally a Spud (in all senses of the word)!

Are we trading for him as well???

• Haha 1

Very odd decision not to play him this week. Petty could and should have filled May's spot. Casey having a bye is very disappointing. Feels pretty clear to me that we're looking to mitigate risks this week. Safe options in for the kids. Goodwin absolutely does not want to see another finals team have their way with us.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pirlo said:

Very odd decision not to play him this week. Petty could and should have filled May's spot. Casey having a bye is very disappointing. Feels pretty clear to me that we're looking to mitigate risks this week. Safe options in for the kids. Goodwin absolutely does not want to see another finals team have their way with us.

Which is defensive coaching at its worst!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cranky Franky said:

Spot on CF. If it was going to be it would have clicked by now. It ain't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moonshadow said:

You'll explode if he isn't. Possibly if he is as well!

Not sure Moonman whether I prefer internal combustion OR external combustion!😎

• Haha 2

Dead rubber game played at Saturday 1.45 on the Gold Coast, with a forecast of sunny and mid 20s. If you ever wanted to debut a young tall forward there would be no better time to do it. No pressure and perfect conditions.

• Like 8
  • Clap 1

Petty’s in sneakily decent form since the bye, the bloke is putting in one heck of a shift this year all things considered.

JVR had a poor game but isn’t going anywhere, plus we need his ruck minutes. I can’t imagine Max is going to put the cue in the rack but if he does it’s Fullarton in.

Disco got a full game again after a run of games as the sub and whilst he’s making more than his fair share of errors he’s competing strongly. I doubt they want to stop the momentum that he’s building.

Fritsch….it’s not pretty but the man is just coming off his first ever pass of the ball inside 50. We’ve witnessed a genuine miracle. No point tanking his trade value by putting him in the 2’s now. Plus I liked some of his mobility and ball winning last night even if the execution was poor and defensive stuff was its usual grim efforts.

I just don’t see a spot for Jeffo who’s physically still a long way off, is best suited getting on the end of quality ball movement (which we don’t have) and is still making improvements with his consistency at every contest at Casey.

Max Gruzewski who’s been better at VFL than Jeffo has played 4 games and had totals of 4, 2, 3 and 3 disposals and 1.5 marks a game. Been subbed off twice. Laid 1 tackle. Kicked 3 goals in 4 games.  He did a role on Harris Andrews yesterday which was the first time he’s actually contributed positively to the team performance.

The same people desperate to see the kid play will jump right off by half time when he’s barely touched it. 

• Like 9