Membership Tally 2023

george_on_the_outer

Thanks DC it’s great to see the numbers stick ticking over, could get close to 68k.👍

• Like 1

On 7/16/2023 at 4:07 PM, Supreme_Demon said:

We might still be a sneaky chance to reach 70,000 Melbourne Football Club members?

But I think it is more a realistic objective for next year.

Nevertheless, gotta keep winning Premierships for our membership numbers to continue to grow.

Melbourne Football Club Win GIF by Melbournefc

Omg. I love that gif... I've just watched it over and over again for about a minute. 🤣

• Like 3
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

Waiting for the announcement of $5 one game "memberships" to get us to our 75,000 target. 

Yep, and the St Kilda offer pretty much prove the point, membership numbers (for all clubs) at the end of the day mean diddly squat.

Surprised they don’t offer steak knives as an incentive.

The only real number that counts (most certainly for the players) is how many of their supporters turn up on game day and how loud they are.  

Putting a positive spin on it, we are doing okay but I’m hoping we will end up doing a lot better. Couple of BIG away games coming up (Richmond/ Carlton).  I hope we, the supporters do the team proud.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wodjathefirst said:

Yep, and the St Kilda offer pretty much prove the point, membership numbers (for all clubs) at the end of the day mean diddly squat.

Surprised they don’t offer steak knives as an incentive.

The only real number that counts (most certainly for the players) is how many of their supporters turn up on game day and how loud they are.  

Putting a positive spin on it, we are doing okay but I’m hoping we will end up doing a lot better. Couple of BIG away games coming up (Richmond/ Carlton).  I hope we, the supporters do the team proud.

Membership numbers in isolation mean nothing but one member = one additional person on the mailing list. Mailing lists holistically are worth A LOT especially to sponsors. Sponsors don't care whether they are $1 or $1000 members. You sign up, they have your details. 

Collingwood goes to a company and says "We have 100,000 people ready to be emailed, SMS'd and called to talk about your brand, from us. How about it?" It's 30k more than Melbourne.

Sponsorship these days to the every day joe is just a number but from a business perspective it's getting people in so the club can say "We have this many people willing to spend money with us." It represents purchase intent.

We have a good engagement level of membership to attendance but overall in terms of money coming in *beyond* membership, it makes a difference. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

aints have gone with $1 for 3 games

May be an image of 1 person, playing American football and text that says "St Kilda Football Club Sponsored Three blockbuster games fo... See more BLOCKBUSTER GAMES FOR ONLY GEELONG $1 C CATS MOSI CHIC MARKETS MARKE AFL saints.com.au LIMITED TIME OFFER Get Offer"

I wonder what the asterisk after the $1 is for?

* Surgeon General's Warning. Supporting St Kilda can damage your health. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

aints have gone with $1 for 3 games

May be an image of 1 person, playing American football and text that says "St Kilda Football Club Sponsored Three blockbuster games fo... See more BLOCKBUSTER GAMES FOR ONLY GEELONG $1 C CATS MOSI CHIC MARKETS MARKE AFL saints.com.au LIMITED TIME OFFER Get Offer"

I believe their tagline is “you’ve given your personal details to Facebook for free! So give us a dollar and give them to us you walking gmail account!”

And once again, membership numbers are a waste of time as a measurement of whatever it is you think it measures.

Edited by rpfc
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Today is the "cut off day" for Melbourne Demons memberships I think?

I encourage those who haven't signed up yet to do so. A great Birthday or Christmas present is a Melbourne Demons membership.

Nevertheless, I understand the detrimental effects of the rise in the cost of living and how expensive memberships are.

Fingers crossed we get "close" to 70,000 members? Sadly, I think that tally is just beyond us, for the time being.

However, I will reiterate that we need to continue to win MORE Premierships if we ever want to compete with the BIG 4 or 5 Victorian AFL Clubs in Richmond, Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton and Hawthorn.

Striving to achieve our objective of 75,000+ members is still a lofty goal set in the MFC Strategic Plan. But it is possible! We just need to keep winning Premierships!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Supreme_Demon said:

Today is the "cut off day" for Melbourne Demons memberships I think?

I encourage those who haven't signed up yet to do so. A great Birthday or Christmas present is a Melbourne Demons membership.

Nevertheless, I understand the detrimental effects of the rise in the cost of living and how expensive memberships are.

Fingers crossed we get "close" to 70,000 members? Sadly, I think that tally is just beyond us, for the time being.

However, I will reiterate that we need to continue to win MORE Premierships if we ever want to compete with the BIG 4 or 5 Victorian AFL Clubs in Richmond, Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton and Hawthorn.

Striving to achieve our objective of 75,000+ members is still a lofty goal set in the MFC Strategic Plan. But it is possible! We just need to keep winning Premierships!

it's just the cutoff date for afl reporting purposes

we will keep selling memberships up until gf day, so the count still continues

making finals will ensure more memberships so people can get higher priorities on tickets and bring along more friends, relatives etc.

• Thanks 1

Thanks DC those numbers are really gratifying considering where we have come from, get to a prelim this year will give us 70k next year, snag a flag and it will be 75k. Wahooo.!!

• Like 2

On 7/28/2023 at 5:29 AM, Rab D Nesbitt said:

I wonder what the asterisk after the $1 is for?

You need to commit to buying a 2024 membership to get access to the $1 memberships. I've seen plenty of worse ploys from other clubs.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DeeZone said:

Thanks DC those numbers are really gratifying considering where we have come from, get to a prelim this year will give us 70k next year, snag a flag and it will be 75k. Wahooo.!!

there is an outside chance they could get to 70k this year

from the end of july cutoff date to the final count, last year they added about 1.5k\

bit of finals success, bit of push and shove, who knows?

70k sounds soooo much better than 68k

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Beat Blue baggers on Saturday night and that will help with a couple of hundred extra’s.!!!

Edited by DeeZone
Spelling