NON-MFC: Round 22, 2022

Clintosaurus

2 minutes ago, CYB said:

It wasn’t so much mistakes, it’s more that they were bordering on flukey with their ball movement . today is a typical Collingwood game, they just beat a bunch of mediocre sides then put on their best game of the year against us. 

I reckon the Blues are a red hot chance next week. 

Blues played their Grand Final yesterday, will have nothing left.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fork 'em said:

Not just collingwood.
They've all lifted when they've played us.
All wanna take down the big dog.

So far Geelong and Sydney appear to have the goods to make it to the big dance. The Swans game style won’t hold up on GF day though as it’s not strong in the contest.

The Lions buckle when the heat is on and the Dees look gassed and clueless. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mr Steve said:

Ginnivan must have the most punch-able head in football.

Hate to be that person, but cannot help myself.

Why would you want to punch anyone!

So what, you don’t like their personality or something. Why violence or the threat of it?

We have a world struggling with accepting diversity. 

I am just amazed that there are still those who hate others.

You don't even know them on a personal basis.

I don't see the joke!

Oh, I see it but it is so tasteless and harmful.

They're just people.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, kev martin said:

Hate to be that person, but cannot help myself.

Why would you want to punch anyone!

So what, you don’t like their personality or something. Why violence or the threat of it?

We have a world struggling with accepting diversity. 

I am just amazed that there are still those who hate others.

You don't even know them on a personal basis.

I don't see the joke!

Oh, I see it but it is so tasteless and harmful.

They're just people.

Punchable head does not mean anyone is going to go up to him and punch him. It's like calling someone a d**khead. Their head does not actually LOOK like a d**k, but is a great way to describe their attitude, in a fun, mocking kind of way. 

And in relation to diversity, how about allowing Mr. Steve, who made that comment, the freedom to express HIS view. Or is his view somehow outside your definition of diversity?

I knew the Ginnivans, and I reckon they would laugh their heads off at this stuff, and don't see it as harmful or distasteful, just footy banter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Steve said:

How hot was that. Has that been payed before this year.

The deliberate rushed?  Doesn’t come up much but that was the correct call.  Took the mark (and he knew it despite claiming he didn’t), so therefore no pressure excuse, then walked it over.  Brain fart by the defender.  

1 minute ago, Die Hard Demon said:

Worst umpiring decision of the year. First it was paid a mark, pie player runs over the mark, umpire calls play on, mccartin under immediate pressure & rushes a behind. NOT A FREEKICK! That umpire should be SACKED!

It was both correct and very obvious.  He claimed the mark and was paid the mark.  Then he played on, panicked when the pressure came and walked it over.   Easy free kick call to make.

1 hour ago, BDA said:

Normally I'll barrack for the result the suits us best but in this instance i don;t care. I just want to see the pies lose because i'm sick to the back teeth watching them win tight matches

And yes, I hate them as well

Could always donate your back teeth to the Colinwood cheer squad.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Vipercrunch said:

It was both correct and very obvious.  He claimed the mark and was paid the mark.  Then he played on, panicked when the pressure came and walked it over.   Easy free kick call to make.

mate.. the rule clearly states that you’re allowed to rush a behind if you under immediate pressure. The mark has nothing to do with it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Die Hard Demon said:

mate.. the rule clearly states that you’re allowed to rush a behind if you under immediate pressure. The mark has nothing to do with it. 

No.  If you take a mark you have an un-pressured kick to take if you want it.  If you play on and the pressure comes, that’s on you and you lose the get out excuse.  Otherwise we return to the dark old days when rushing behinds was abused terribly.

2 minutes ago, Vipercrunch said:

No.  If you take a mark you have an un-pressured kick to take if you want it.  If you play on and the pressure comes, that’s on you and you lose the get out excuse.  Otherwise we return to the dark old days when rushing behinds was abused terribly.

well none of what you just said is in the official AFL rules so idfk 

7 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

You gotta love Elliott playing the game of his life last week against us, and then doing stuff all today.

They’re not anywhere near as good a team when they 50/50 their set shots. Far more normal today, against us they couldn’t miss. Still I wish I could see the alternate universe where Gawny kicked all his set shots against the pies. That would’ve been a very different, very fun night I suspect.

2 minutes ago, Vipercrunch said:

McCartin played on, took two steps off his line, was pressured, then took it over the line. Should have been a free kick to Swans because the Pies player ran over the mark, or a behind if the ump did not see that Pies error, a  behind.

• Facepalm 1

Just now, Die Hard Demon said:

well none of what you just said is in the official AFL rules so idfk 

Yes it is and has been since they tightened the rule up when it was getting abused by several teams.  Playing on from a kick in, mark or free kick and waiting for the pressure to come then walking over the line is a deliberate free kick.