Are we capitalising on our on-field successes?

Mach5

I think the thread title says it all.

Our on-field successes have presented opportunities that we must capitalise on.

The Western Bulldogs from 2016 are held up to all AFL clubs as a textbook example of not converting the opportunities created by winning a flag.

Are we following in their footsteps?

Has our sponsorship remuneration come into line with a premiership winning club? My mail would indicate that we are not.

Are we cementing our foothold in Casey? Living in the area, I just don’t see it. The club has put minimal resources into Casey & there appears to still be some contempt towards the place in spite of the playing group embracing it.

What are we doing to convert young fans? Now is the time when kids will switch to follow the dees because kids follow winners. Are we making inroads at the junior levels?

I’m sure there’ll be the usual suspects blindly supporting the administration. I’ll be interested to hear any considered and/or informed responses.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, Mach5 said:

I think the thread title says it all.

Our on-field successes have presented opportunities that we must capitalise on.

The Western Bulldogs from 2016 are held up to all AFL clubs as a textbook example of not converting the opportunities created by winning a flag.

Are we following in their footsteps?

Has our sponsorship remuneration come into line with a premiership winning club? My mail would indicate that we are not.

Are we cementing our foothold in Casey? Living in the area, I just don’t see it. The club has put minimal resources into Casey & there appears to still be some contempt towards the place in spite of the playing group embracing it.

What are we doing to convert young fans? Now is the time when kids will switch to follow the dees because kids follow winners. Are we making inroads at the junior levels?

I’m sure there’ll be the usual suspects blindly supporting the administration. I’ll be interested to hear any considered and/or informed responses.

We are more interested in hearing your side of the coin. 
You have a serious problem with the CEO but refuse to elaborate 

Fess up 

• Like 6
  • Facepalm 1
  • Shocked 1

I should also say - there are a myriad of issues here, but all fall under the same general umbrella.

And producing a new line of cheap merch (that I’ll still buy) and supporter packages is not enough.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think the GF being in Perth last year is a blessing in disguise - we get the bounce from winning a flag / success but at the same time as most fans haven't seen it live, they're just as hungry as if we hadn't won it.  

I live in the West and I'm not sure if I agree with what you say about the dogs.  They are easily the most visible / dominant team out here.  Maybe they haven't converted into members but over time I think they will.  The dogs are very well placed strategically with the whole west to themselves!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mach5 said:

I should also say - there are a myriad of issues here, but all fall under the same general umbrella.

And producing a new line of cheap merch (that I’ll still buy) and supporter packages is not enough.

Stop avoiding the topic 

You have serious issues with the CEO

Why, and what are they?

Until you provide answers i am sure most on here will take little or no notice of your  threads. 
We just won the Flag…

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mach5 said:

It would be disloyal of us to demand more $$ from our sponsors just after winning.  Sure, when it's time to renegotiate, and perhaps with some ongoing time at the top of the AFL world, we should attract and receive more remuneration.  But now is not the time. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Stop avoiding the topic 

You have serious issues with the CEO

Why, and what are they?

Until you provide answers i am sure most on here will take little or no notice of your  threads. 
We just won the Flag…

I won’t derail the thread by focusing on one person that you have an obsession with. Stick to the topic.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

3 minutes ago, deelusions from afar said:

I think the GF being in Perth last year is a blessing in disguise - we get the bounce from winning a flag / success but at the same time as most fans haven't seen it live, they're just as hungry as if we hadn't won it.  

I get what you are saying in terms of hungry fans as we head into the 2022 season, but there's absolutely no blessing in the majority of diehard MFC members missing their side's first premiership live in 57 years.

3 minutes ago, mauriesy said:

Jeez, a bit early for all this discussion. We can't tell whether we've capitalised on our flag for another 3-5 years.

I can tell you right now it looks like we are sh*tting the bed behind the scenes. 
Now is when the work needs to be done.

Edited by Mach5
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3

9 minutes ago, deelusions from afar said:

I live in the West and I'm not sure if I agree with what you say about the dogs.  They are easily the most visible / dominant team out here.  Maybe they haven't converted into members but over time I think they will.  The dogs are very well placed strategically with the whole west to themselves!

Agree on the opportunities presented to us.

The dogs example is one the AFL use, not mine. They made minimal money on the flag & didn’t convert many additional members. 

1 minute ago, daisycutter said:

well until you come clean on your main obsession everything just looks like it's part of an agenda

you continually make claims but provide no facts, references or details

i'm waiting

It’s only an obsession for others.

What facts or details are you after?

It is an issue that's related tour home. The split personality of the G and Casey does not help the message.

i have been a constant advocate ofFishermans Bend site as it provides a future population as a core base membership. I have reconciled that this is closer to the Spiritual home at the G than Casey. There is little prospect of expanding membership in CBD, East Melb, Richmond, the G precinct and little chance to identify with a broader population.

i think I read many years ago that our population concentration was actually in the Ringwood, NE metro region, not sure where it is now but I'm sure Admin know and will be looking how we expand.

i agree that we are now in a new environment with a winning team and we need to leverage off that to increase our engagement with kids. Players visiting schools is a great way to do this.

i also agree that if we are going to be apresence at Casey we should exploit our new status around that area. Even team jogging around the area will increase recognition and engagement.

i have found it encouraging that AFL marketing now includes red and blue players highlights, they can't ignore us, so there is a subliminal recognition that needs to be exploited.

A defined home location is essential to maximise our playing success.

A progressive and major development at FB would show that we are genuine in our promotion of new investments with long term aims to reinforce our position as the Melbourne central club

13 minutes ago, Mach5 said:

I can tell you right now it looks like we are sh*tting the bed behind the scenes. 

Can you explain what evidence you have to suggest we are doing that?

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Mach5 said:

I won’t derail the thread by focusing on one person that you have an obsession with. Stick to the topic.

One only has to go through your previous   Threads Mach, to know the real reason you are bringing up such points after a Premiership Year

i am sticking to the Topic, it is you who refuses to answer. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mach5 said:

Here we go again 

give us some solid facts…..

Stick to the Topic…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dpositive said:

It is an issue that's related tour home. The split personality of the G and Casey does not help the message.

i have been a constant advocate ofFishermans Bend site as it provides a future population as a core base membership. I have reconciled that this is closer to the Spiritual home at the G than Casey. There is little prospect of expanding membership in CBD, East Melb, Richmond, the G precinct and little chance to identify with a broader population.

i think I read many years ago that our population concentration was actually in the Ringwood, NE metro region, not sure where it is now but I'm sure Admin know and will be looking how we expand.

i agree that we are now in a new environment with a winning team and we need to leverage off that to increase our engagement with kids. Players visiting schools is a great way to do this.

i also agree that if we are going to be apresence at Casey we should exploit our new status around that area. Even team jogging around the area will increase recognition and engagement.

i have found it encouraging that AFL marketing now includes red and blue players highlights, they can't ignore us, so there is a subliminal recognition that needs to be exploited.

A defined home location is essential to maximise our playing success.

A progressive and major development at FB would show that we are genuine in our promotion of new investments with long term aims to reinforce our position as the Melbourne central club

Richmond have been able to do it - a presence at Punt Rd and also hit the Cardinia region hard, even spreading into our region where they shouldn’t. They have carpet bombed the area & converted. Have we decided that it’s too hard? I don’t think they will ever say it, but I think at the top levels the decision has been made that Casey is too hard & it’s now just tokenistic to maintain funding from the City of Casey.

9 minutes ago, Wizard of Koz said:

weird, weird dude

I’m not interested in winning 1, then back to obscurity for 57 years. You don’t want a sustained period of success?

I don’t understand the blind faith.
Why are so many afraid to have a conversation?

• Facepalm 1