GAMEDAY: QF vs Brisbane

Whispering_Jack

4 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

So, how is everyone this beautiful Game Day morning? And by beautiful I mean [censored]ing freezing. 

Personally my day has had a not altogether perfect start. I locked myself out of my house and had to climb in through my teenage son’s bedroom window. He’d only been asleep for a couple of hours coz… teenager. Let’s just say he didn’t exactly throw a welcome party for me. 

Then at 7/11 the lid wasn’t properly on my coffee cup (7/11 $1 coffee. I know, I really need to take stock of my life) and I ended up wearing the entire contents down the front of my puffer jacket. And not my black or dark-coloured puffer… no, my pale pink puffer, of course. In my haste I grabbed the nearest rag which unbeknownst to me had just been used to wipe up a blue slurpee spill. (Who tf is drinking a slurpee at 7am and temp of 3 degrees?!) So now my pink puffer resembles a Pro Hart painting. 

So I sincerely hope y’all’s morning has started better than mine. Regardless, I sincerely hope we all have an awesome night!!!
GO THE MIGHTY DEES!!!

Just getting all the bad luck out of the way early so there’s nothing left but good luck come gametime. Smart. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, kev martin said:

I am not too concerned. 

A couple may get overwhelmed, become fumbly and make errors (could be the experienced players as well), but I think with the balance (old and new heads) of our team they should be fine. It may also help our youngsters, as there are no preconceived ideas and may free them up.

Some could stand up as  being made for finals. Hoping that is Pickett, Rivers, Petty, Sparrow and Jackson.

Am I hoping for too much?

The experience and leadership of Max..May...Lever...Bbb...Trac....Tmac ...Salem....and Oliver will get us the chocolates.

But yea some cameos from some young ones in Kozzie...Rivers..Petty....Spargo and Jackson to cause havoc.

• Love 2

Trying to keep busy so I can avoid vomit worthy nerves. 
Gardening. Long walk in the 5km radius. Bought some accompaniments to my cheese platter (I am a Melbourne supporter through and through)… a few coffees before I switch to wine… 

Going to watch the Covid-derby this afternoon. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 6

PRESSURE It’s all about PRESSURE tonight. 

Port bought it with them last night. Jeelong had none. 

All about PRESSURE 

We have set up the Season for this game. 
Win and we choose where we play…

Lose and finishing Top is quickly forgotten. 

4 Quarters of PRESSURE 

• Like 6

Our last finals run I lived in Amsterdam. Wake up, make coffee, watch match. Had no idea how I would cope this year in Australia waking up twelve hours before the game started. Cracked the code and ended up as a bunny at a shibari event. Will be tied up until kick-off with no other choice. Recommended remedy. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jontee said:

Is it too early to have a drinkie to calm the nerves?

Go Dees.

The fact that you call it a “drinkie” suggests you may have already had one. Or ten. 🙃

• Like 5

Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime.

Last week shows we can do it from almost any position against the better teams.

We will win tonight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bus or tram today? Got to be the tram as that’s how I got from Kew East to the MCG(No 48) back in the 80s. Go Dees

55AE809A-1C2F-4C04-B759-A6CE27A79B03.jpeg.60d0fb20e24f10df22e33112d2c7bf30.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

It's not the end of the world if we lose tonight but it certainly gets harder.

We have shown time and again, that we are resilient and bounce back as well as any team. We need to play well tonight but if the result doesn't go our way, I'd still back us to find a way forward as we've done all season.

• Like 3

Really need Tmac back in form.

Last week he and Dogga were very quiet.

If they get up its game over.

Or maybe is Bbb who does a Weid of our last finals series.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Really need Tmac back in form.

Last week he and Dogga were very quiet.

If they get up its game over.

Or maybe is Bbb who does a Weid of our last finals series.

Dogga is a key tonight. Max and him really need to exploit brisbanes ruck inferiority 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

Weekends don't get much bigger in the Nesbitt household than a Qualifying Final and an old Old Firm game. I hope I still have a voice come Monday morning. Enjoy your day everyone. 

My wife has sent me to the home theatre room out back rather than put up with my histrionics and verbals. She is a good woman🤩

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

My worry for this game is what happens when the ball hits the deck in our backline. Cameron can take leading marks, but he is also deadly with the ball in dispute. Zac Bailey kicked 4 against us I think all from crumbs or stoppages. We can’t let that happen. 

Our defenders cannot be dropping their marks like they have in the past. Clean that up and we go a long way towards holding Brisbane to a score we can beat. 

Obviously the midfield battle will be key as well. Oliver will be like a man possessed, but we have to set up to limit Brisbane’s quality exits from the centre as well. 

I also predict Harmes to be involved in a lot of handball chains along the wing into our forward line particularly as the game goes on and Brisbane starts to fatigue and get slower. That’s where we’ll get them offensively IMO. 

EDIT: Typos

Edited by Chook

24 minutes ago, The Swimming Dee said:

Dogga is a key tonight. Max and him really need to exploit brisbanes ruck inferiority 

Maybe Max to kick three.

I have a new confidence in his goal kicking.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kev martin said:

I am not too concerned. 

A couple may get overwhelmed, become fumbly and make errors (could be the experienced players as well), but I think with the balance (old and new heads) of our team they should be fine. It may also help our youngsters, as there are no preconceived ideas and may free them up.

Some could stand up as  being made for finals. Hoping that is Pickett, Rivers, Petty, Sparrow and Jackson.

Am I hoping for too much?

Kozzie and Dogga are the personalities that would step up and relish a finals atmosphere.

And Oliver to pick up from last week.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Like 3