Goody on Choco & Yze

Demonland

I like that. In the past some teams have had to release assistant coaches during finals when they've won a senior coaching gig.

I'd rather they stay then disrupt our playing group during September. 

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I like that. In the past some teams have had to release assistant coaches during finals when they've won a senior coaching gig.

I'd rather they stay then disrupt our playing group during September. 

I recall Mark Neeld having to relinquish his post during Collingwood's final series when he took the Dee's top job. I was at our BnF night when he spoke to the adoring crowd during Collingwood's Preliminary Final win over the Hawks.

• Like 1

I don't think it's going to be an issue...

The Hawks are desperate to get Clarkson out and the Pies are desperate to get him in.

Something will happen in that space before we get to finals.

Kennett needs to let the cash meet his mouth...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rjay said:

I don't think it's going to be an issue...

The Hawks are desperate to get Clarkson out and the Pies are desperate to get him in.

Something will happen in that space before we get to finals.

Kennett needs to let the cash meet his mouth...

I see it more as a blue jumper option.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Redleg said:

I see it more as a blue jumper option.

Could be...but their current run of form makes that one a lot more interesting and harder to dump the incumbent.

I think the Blues are set for a run of success, who ever takes it forward will be a lucky coach.

edit: but Clarkson is going nowhere unless big mouth comes to the party with the cash...

Edited by rjay
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rjay said:

Could be...but their current run of form makes that one a lot more interesting and harder to dump the incumbent.

I think the Blues are set for a run of success, who ever takes it forward will be a lucky coach.

maybe, maybe not, rjay

the blues have had many false dawns.......i'd put my money on another

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

maybe, maybe not, rjay

Do you know how Brodie Kemp is going with them.

At one stage DL's were very keen to get him.

7 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

maybe, maybe not, rjay

The list is too good 'daisy'...it would take a monumental f...up to stuff it up from here.

...but do agree they're up for the task.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Do you know how Brodie Kemp is going with them.

At one stage DL's were very keen to get him.

was on the long term injury list. probably having a few games in the twos now

8 minutes ago, rjay said:

The list is too good 'daisy'...it would take a monumental f...up to stuff it up from here.

...but do agree they're up for the task.

their list is too good?  why are they 13th then?  seems like even the bombers and Freo have gone past them

Curnow cant get on the pitch. Cripps looks half the player he was.  they need another key fwd, key back and 2-3 more mids

27 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

the blues have had many false dawns.......

Remember “They Know We’re Coming” from about 10 years ago? I’m sure they’re still coming; just taking their sweet time about it. ?

• Haha 1

Re the Collingwood coaching appointment. The name that keeps bobbing up in the media (as a side-bar admittedly), as a strong candidate, is Adam Kingsley. He's currently at Richmond and well regarded. As an aside, I'd think Collingwood would be the last place Clarkson would want to end up. 

10 minutes ago, DubDee said:

their list is too good?  why are they 13th then?  seems like even the bombers and Freo have gone past them

Curnow cant get on the pitch. Cripps looks half the player he was.  they need another key fwd, key back and 2-3 more mids

Sometimes you have to take a deeper look. Who expected us to be where we are?

They've had issues but a list that has Walsh in the middle, Weitering as a KPD and McKay as KPF is a pretty good start.

They don't need to rely on Cripps any more.

They're well set to really move next season, they could even play finals this year. Well ahead of Freo and I think better balance at the moment than EFC but EFC are also coming...I don't think Freo are.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, rjay said:

Sometimes you have to take a deeper look. Who expected us to be where we are?

They've had issues but a list that has Walsh in the middle, Weitering as a KPD and McKay as KPF is a pretty good start.

They don't need to rely on Cripps any more.

They're well set to really move next season, they could even play finals this year. Well ahead of Freo and I think better balance at the moment than EFC but EFC are also coming...I don't think Freo are.

I reckon they'll click next year. Need the pre season to get their defensive mechanism clicking. If they get that sorted, look out. Their midfield depth is still poor and bringing in guys like Williams on big coin to play there and then not, is a big list problem. They need at least two more decent mids. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, maximum bob said:

Re the Collingwood coaching appointment. The name that keeps bobbing up in the media (as a side-bar admittedly), as a strong candidate, is Adam Kingsley. He's currently at Richmond and well regarded. As an aside, I'd think Collingwood would be the last place Clarkson anyone normal would want to end up. 

fixed it for ya

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What this says to me is both wont be at the club next year! If so this is a serious concern as I attribute our excellent season mainly on Choco with some serious input from Yze. If we dont suceed this year I would move heaven and earth to get Choco to stay even it means Goodwin is no longer senior coach. Thats my spin on that radio report

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, picket fence said:

What this says to me is both wont be at the club next year! If so this is a serious concern as I attribute our excellent season mainly on Choco with some serious input from Yze. If we dont suceed this year I would move heaven and earth to get Choco to stay even it means Goodwin is no longer senior coach. Thats my spin on that radio report

If you hear the whole thing properly in context it doesn't say that at all.

Worth listening to before panicking.

Goody Presser 21/7

• Like 4

Williams has said time and time again he doesn’t want to be a senior coach anymore. He is also not the right personality for a senior coach these days. He’s not people manager which is exactly what a senior coach is in modern footy. 
Yze is another story but I think Pies and Blues have too much pressure from members to go down an unknown path. I’m still backing Clarkson and Lyon for these two jobs. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, picket fence said:

How did you come to that?

Didn’t hear that at all in Goodys presser?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A F said:

I reckon they'll click next year. Need the pre season to get their defensive mechanism clicking. If they get that sorted, look out. Their midfield depth is still poor and bringing in guys like Williams on big coin to play there and then not, is a big list problem. They need at least two more decent mids. 

Williams hasn't got the tank...can he develop it with a lot of hard work or is he happy to sit on the coin.

With Walsh now and the other kid whose name escapes me (high draft pick) who is now coming into his own they might sort this with just one more mid and Cripps going forward a bit.

They are the ones with the dogs I'm most concerned about over the next few years.

They just need to sort the coaching out (and get a stable board who won't go with popular opinion)...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rjay said:

Williams hasn't got the tank...can he develop it with a lot of hard work or is he happy to sit on the coin.

With Walsh now and the other kid whose name escapes me (high draft pick) who is now coming into his own they might sort this with just one more mid and Cripps going forward a bit.

They are the ones with the dogs I'm most concerned about over the next few years.

They just need to sort the coaching out (and get a stable board who won't go with popular opinion)...

You're talking about Dow? I don't rate him, but each to their own. 

Yep, agreed, I'm most worried about them. More so than the Dogs, who haven't really changed their game plan significantly in 5 years.