GAMEDAY: Rd 11 vs Western Bulldogs

1 hour ago, old dee said:

What jumper tonight? A mainly white probably works best against the dogs. I cannot imagine any red and blue combination that would not clash with the dogs.

I actually think we'll wear our traditional jumper. If not, then this one from 2019, but I don't think we use them anymore:

image.jpeg.b5c238d35508b6fbce0aa0c0edf79edd.jpeg

We no longer have a white strip (which I wish we did) and the royal blue clash jumper ends up clashing even more with the Dogs.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, D Rev said:

All VFL and VFLW games are off mate

Maybe a better analogy might be that scene from 'From Dusk Till Dawn' when all the bar patrons unexpectedly turn into vampires?

2 hours ago, old dee said:

What jumper tonight? A mainly white probably works best against the dogs. I cannot imagine any red and blue combination that would not clash with the dogs.

I can’t for the life of me understand why we are not allowed to wear our indigenous jumper! The Dogs have a jumper that is predominantly royal blue and white, offset with a bright red and some yellow(?), whereas ours is navy and deep red with no similarities at all... no wonder the umpires make so many bad calls, if their eyesight is so shot that they cannot pick the difference between the two jumpers!

Edited by hardtack
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, hardtack said:

I can’t for the life of me understand why we are not allowed to wear our indigenous jumper! The Dogs have a jumper that is predominantly royal blue and white, offset with a bright red and some yellow(?), whereas ours is navy and deep red with no similarities at all... no wonder the umpires make so many bad calls, if there eyesight is so shot that they cannot pick the difference between the two jumpers!

The AFL has a world class Exasperation Department.

I feel that way almost every weekend watching the latest cockeyed decision from AFLHQ

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, faultydet said:

The AFL has a world class Exasperation Department.

I feel that way almost every weekend watching the latest cockeyed decision from AFLHQ

it's called being control freaks, otherwise known as ocpd 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If the Dees bring the elite heat they have demonstrated they can on any given contest, we will expose the greatest weaknesses the Bulldogs have in their backline.

We destroyed the Reigning champs at their own game, the Reigning champions exposed the Bulldogs greatest weakness.

We played Tiges at full strength and conquered, there is more to these Demons than meets the eye.

What an occasion to send out a clear message that we are the Demons and were here to play for keeps.

Anywhere, anytime,

Forever Demon Strong.

• Like 12
  • Love 2
  • Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, Win4theAges said:

If the Dees bring the elite heat they have demonstrated they can on any given contest, we will expose the greatest weaknesses the Bulldogs have in their backline.

We destroyed the Reigning champs at their own game, the Reigning champions exposed the Bulldogs greatest weakness.

We played Tiges at full strength and conquered, there is more to these Demons than meets the eye.

What an occasion to send out a clear message that we are the Demons and were here to play for keeps.

Anywhere, anytime,

Forever Demon Strong.

Great theory W4A .

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, old dee said:

Tonight we have the chance to finally beat someone above us on the ladder.

THEN will you believe??

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Seriously?

Our jumper is nearly all red and theirs is a mid range blue.

AA190521MW0272.jpg?width=952&height=592

This is the start of the Sir Doug Nicholls round - doesn't make sense to not wear it - no clash whatsoever!

I think we are in furious agreement

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, old dee said:

Yes. But it was a joke Vagg. 

Yep, I got it OD.  I was just following on from the wag a couple of weeks ago, with us sitting on top of the ladder, who made the comment he would believe only after we beat someone above us on the ladder...

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

Maybe a better analogy might be that scene from 'From Dusk Till Dawn' when all the bar patrons unexpectedly turn into vampires?

Great, great movie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kev martin said:

To those talking up a loss.

If we we can't be competitive with the Dogs, then our prospects of being in a grandfinal is shot. There are other teams around the level of the Dogs and the Dees. We are up there with the best and can take home the grail.

Comes down to, if this is our day.

To the naysayers, have some heart.  

@kev martinjust to give some evidence around mid season form vs post season form.

Don't believe the hype that this match has any bearing, any bearing whatsoever on either our's or the Bulldogs capabilities come September.

Goodwin has built this side for finals... losses mid year will occur, 'competitive or otherwise'.

Anyway, a bit of evidence of Richmonds GF winning years

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 5.18.06 pm.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Vagg said:

Yep, I got it OD.  I was just following on from the wag a couple of weeks ago, with us sitting on top of the ladder, who made the comment he would believe only after we beat someone above us on the ladder...

In all honesty after 50+  years of crap I don't think I will ever believe we are good till a captain holds up the cup. Is just too ingrained into my soul that the MFC disappoint they don't succeed. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

6 hours ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Really want the win tonight - hate these [censored].

Go the Mighty DEMONS!

What do you hate about them Mr Balls?

The fact that they are a media favourite or that they are an umpires favourite?

Or is it 1954?

Or the fact that they stole our sponsor back in Jimmy's time?

Or that they are a footballing Bambi?

Or that for almost their entire history they have been rubbish and yet still are a media and umpires favourite and a footballing Bambi?

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, RigidMiddleDigit said:

What do you hate about them Mr Balls?

The fact that they are a media favourite or that they are an umpires favourite?

Or is it 1954?

Or the fact that they stole our sponsor back in Jimmy's time?

Or that they are a footballing Bambi?

Or that for almost their entire history they have been rubbish and yet still are a media and umpires favourite and a footballing Bambi?

Or way more successful than us this century.

3 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I honestly don't think he would've received many boos. Certainly not Tom Scully level boos.

He was a fringe player that was offered a better contract elsewhere. Good luck to him.

A very similar player to Fritsch who plays bits and pieces of games. Can only carry one of those into the side.

Harsh on Fritsch, very harsh.

• Like 1

IMO the most important player to shut down is Libba, the main distributor.

Stop him and the free flowing run from the clearance, that the Bulldogs thrive on, is greatly impacted.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, forever demons said:

no he is right

Hannan 57 games 54 goals 152 marks 591 disposals

Fritsch 70 games 81 goals 376 marks 1003 disposals

I'll let you and BBP do the maths.

Edited by RigidMiddleDigit
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Engorged Onion said:

Don't believe the hype that this match has any bearing, any bearing whatsoever on either our's or the Bulldogs capabilities come September.

We are a different type of team to the tiges of old.

They had grunt and could bury teams when they wanted. They would play a couple of 20 minute spurts, hit the other with a rally of goals, and could turn it on when required. 

The Dees play the system and structure style. This requires constant reaffirmation and we need to get some feel for the dogs after the preseason humiliation.  Plenty jumped off our wagon then. 

I think we need the confidence as we don't instil fear, from the top teams.

Belt'em around and I think it will set us up for a good 2nd half of the season.

Dogs lose, the flat-track bully will start up, and playing top teams will create some mental pressures for them. Could be the same for us.

We broke Richmond, now for the Dogs.

Winning will positively effect our mentality and having smiles on during the week of preparation is useful to a team not known as a powerhuse. A successful home and away season (plus finishing top 4), will help with strategies going into a final series and offer less ability of others to find our weaknesses.

Give them nothing.

Ruthless and angry. 

Go Dees.

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

We will regroup and refocus tonight.

Going is as underdogs but will come out victors.

We will be back on top of the ladder tonight with only one loss for the season through dodgy umpiring.

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, RigidMiddleDigit said:

Hannan 57 games 54 goals 152 marks 591 disposals

Fritsch 70 games 81 goals 376 marks 1003 disposals

I'll let you and BBP do the maths.

stats ,who cares

• Facepalm 1