Televised on Channel 7 at 11.30am

BOX HILL HAWKS

B 42. T. Miles, 30. K. Brand, 32. D. Mirra
HB 29. C. Jiath, 23. T. O’Brien, 35. J. Scrimshaw
C 13. C.  Glass, 52. A.  Moore, 21. T.  Scully
HF 41. O. Hanrahan, 8. M. Lewis, 36. D. Moore
F 18. J. Ceglar, 25. R. Schoenmakers, 37. J. Ross
FOLL 27. M. Pittonet, 17. D. Howe, 40. H. Jones
I/C 67. N. Boucher, 66. M. DeWit, 45. W. Golds, 44. D. Greaves, 62. S. Horner, 61. B. Kilpatrick, 34. J. Koschitzke, 53. L. Mackie, 50. D. Mascitti, 54. L. Meadows, 56. N. Mullenger-Mchugh, 63. L. Walker
23P: 58. J. Cucinotta

CASEY DEMONS

B 23. J. Jordon, 35. H. Petty, 53. L. Tynan
HB 34. M. Hore, 45. D. Keilty, 60. J. Hutchins
C 33. O.  Baker, 20. C.  Maynard, 52. M.  Gent
HF 36. J. Garlett, 48. M. White, 32. T. Sparrow
F 12. T. Bedford, 38. T. Smith, 37. K. Chandler
FOLL 21. B. Preuss, 47. J. Munro, 15. B. Stretch
I/C 54. J. Briggs, 56. W. Collis, 55. D. Collis, 63. M. Lewis, 62. T. McCaffrey, 49. C. Stockdale, 68. A. Vella, 65. L. Wale-Buxton
23P: 57. A. Quigley

• Like 5

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2019-04-04/garlett-named-in-vfl-team-for-round-1

Jordon is back in as well.

I think the bench will be M.Lewis, Stockdale, Wale-Buxton and McCaffery

Just now, buck_nekkid said:

Kielty at CHB ?  I thought they wanted him forward...

White is named CHF I think that will be changed around.

• Like 2

Lovely ground Box Hill ... easily accessed and good viewing areas.

Hopefully a solid win against the Bombers tonight gets everyone into the mood to come along and enjoy a great day in the sunshine. (predicted top of 24... sounds perfect).

Big year for Petty and Baker just to mention a few.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fifty-5 said:

Interesting to see that the MFC listed players appear with their MFC list jumper numbers - I think if that actually happens on the field it's a good change.

I read somewhere that's a change they've made competition wide, so all AFL listed players keep the same numbers in both comps.

I wonder if we'll really restrict the playing minutes of some players. The Sydney game is on the Thursday night, so it'll be a very short turn around for anyone who might come up to the 1sts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Red and Blue realist said:

I read somewhere that's a change they've made competition wide, so all AFL listed players keep the same numbers in both comps.

I wonder if we'll really restrict the playing minutes of some players. The Sydney game is on the Thursday night, so it'll be a very short turn around for anyone who might come up to the 1sts.

They'll have a good idea of the possible candidates after tonight's match outcome so can plan from there.

7 hours ago, goodoil said:

Bradtke is playing for the Dandenong Stingrays this weekend. 

Having watched him closely during the practice match against Box Hill 

I think this is a wise move 

I honestly worried for his safety that day 

He has a very immature body and moves like a really young boy

4 hours ago, Old Bear said:

Having watched him closely during the practice match against Box Hill 

I think this is a wise move 

I honestly worried for his safety that day 

He has a very immature body and moves like a really young boy

It also allows him to play significant game time in the ruck at that level.  Would suggest he will play mainly for the Stingrays whilst Preuss is at Casey and back up Wale - Buxton if and when Preuss plays in the seniors.

• Like 1

I think I'll spew if Stretch plays inside mid at Casey tomorrow. He may not be the answer but at least he finds space and offers outside run when we desperately need it in the ones.

Look for the players who play only a half or 3 quarters max for our replacements next week.

Edited by Roger Mellie
Thought we were playing today - oops
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Roger Mellie said:

Look for the players who play only a half or 3 quarters max for our replacements next week.

We play Swans on Thursday night.....  whoever the selectors are looking at to come in likely wont play after halftime tomorrow.

We will have a very good idea of the probable changes after tomorrows game.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

We play Swans on Thursday night.....  whoever the selectors are looking at to come in likely wont play after halftime tomorrow.

We will have a very good idea of the probable changes after tomorrows game.

Yes I wrote that when I thought we were playing today not tomorrow

the biggest issue is that the likes of preuss and garlett need game time to press their claims

having a short break means that you need them to play minimum a half of footy...and is that enough?

i'm also not sure what benefit there is in having preuss play predominantly ruck in the vfl when, if picked for the afl, he'll primarily play forward and relief ruck

it's why you'd have to assume kielty or perhaps even tim smith would be ahead of him in the pecking order currently

Good morning all.

After what the Seniors have been dishing up lately we could all do with a Casey win today. There’s a few boys out injured and possibly some to be held over for Thursday so today will be a tough game.

Dont forget the game will be broadcast on Channel 7 from 11:30am.

Champion Data will also be updating live VFL stats of every game this year so check out the VFL app on your phone for real time updates.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Drunkn167 said:

Dont forget the game will be broadcast on Channel 7 from 11:30am.

Glad I checked this thread.   A lot to look out for in todays game.   Go Casey.

• Like 2

As has been mentioned, you would expect that with our next game on Thursday anyone in the Casey line up who is considered a chance to come into the side this week would have to sit out the second half or something like that.

That aside, very interested to see how Garlett, Stretch and Preuss perform, as well as T Smith and Keilty (in case TMac is injured).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

As has been mentioned, you would expect that with our next game on Thursday anyone in the Casey line up who is considered a chance to come into the side this week would have to sit out the second half or something like that.

That aside, very interested to see how Garlett, Stretch and Preuss perform, as well as T Smith and Keilty (in case TMac is injured).

I'm most looking forward to seeing our two new draftee small forwards, Bedford and Chandler.

• Like 1