Jump to content
  • Podcast: No Merger Podcast &      

Sign in to follow this  
Macca

Monkey Business

Recommended Posts

So sports fans,  feel like nominating your sure thing for the weekend?

Pick any sporting event in any sport ... whether it be Footy,  Soccer,  Rugby League,  Union,  NBA,  NFL,  Baseball,  Ice Hockey,  Cricket or whatever takes your fancy.  Just your best sports outcome ... 1 pick only will do but if you've got 2,  go for it. 

Depending on how many outcomes are put forward we can collate them all together and perhaps scoop the pool.  With these types of things there's always one sure thing that can jump out at us.  And by combining our thoughts,  we might just do ok. 

 

 

 

*Always remember to gamble responsibly

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reasonably certain that both the All Blacks & the Springboks will win their respective Rugby Championship games (vs Wallabies & vs Pumas) but have to decide on what margin suits

The odds are surprisingly good for a lot of the options ... picking against Australia doesn't seem right either but the All Blacks are all-conquering.  Both games are being held on Saturday (7.40pm and just after midnight)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Macca said:

Reasonably certain that both the All Blacks & the Springboks will win their respective Rugby Championship games (vs Wallabies & vs Pumas) but have to decide on what margin suits

The odds are surprisingly good for a lot of the options ... picking against Australia doesn't seem right either but the All Blacks are all-conquering.  Both games are being held on Saturday (7.40pm and just after midnight)

Been a while since I was really into Union but people seem to be talking up the Wallabies this year. Are we a chance or is this just fluff? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, layzie said:

Been a while since I was really into Union but people seem to be talking up the Wallabies this year. Are we a chance or is this just fluff? 

We might do ok and take it up to the All Blacks but their rugby is as strong as ever ... in the recently completed Super Rugby season their 5 provincial teams just continued to win freely.  They would be more than competitive with 2 or 3 international teams.  I understand the huge rivalry but I can't help but admire the New Zealand team.

I'm thinking New Zealand 11-20 and that is paying $4.  But I do like to look for a bit of value layz.  Welcome to the thread by the way ... there should be a couple/few more join us over the next few days.  NFL tips might be your go?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For sure, always used to love watching the All Blacks play. One of my favourite teams in world sport really. 

Definitely up for NFL tips but willing to give anything a go as well :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll have a go at the NRL. 3 weeks to go until finals and in my opinion any of the top 6 could win the premiership. 

After countless last minute comebacks by the Penrith Panthers the 13+ @$2.15 for them represents some value. 

This might be the week where they start well and wipe the Knights off the park. 

Edited by Dee Zephyr
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like people to submit some kind of margin bet as their Best Bet. (preferably 2) if possible, however just a win is also acceptable just not 1.20. I like to multi these up, but you can do with them as you please. A sporting bet could also include a race horse for a win or place, if you so desire.

Im going to go with:

West Coast v Melbourne either side under 15.5pts $2.63

Randwick Race 7 No 1 Le Romain Win $2.70

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Wadda We Sing said:

I would like people to submit some kind of margin bet as their Best Bet. (preferably 2) if possible, however just a win is also acceptable just not 1.20. I like to multi these up, but you can do with them as you please. A sporting bet could also include a race horse for a win or place, if you so desire.

Im going to go with:

West Coast v Melbourne either side under 15.5pts $2.63

Randwick Race 7 No 1 Le Romain Win $2.70

Yeah good points Wadda ... I'm probably going to pick the eyes out of the selections and go that way.  A 4pick is to my taste but at a stretch a 5pick. 

I'll finalise my 2 picks later on ...may go baseball, soccer or rugby as I don't feel comfortable going against any Australian side.  The Springboks will almost certainly win against Argentina -it's just the margin I have to work out.  And then I'll find 1 soccer or 1 baseball

Welcome to your thread haha 😁

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Wadda We Sing said:

I would like people to submit some kind of margin bet as their Best Bet. (preferably 2) if possible, however just a win is also acceptable just not 1.20. I like to multi these up, but you can do with them as you please. A sporting bet could also include a race horse for a win or place, if you so desire.

Im going to go with:

West Coast v Melbourne either side under 15.5pts $2.63

Randwick Race 7 No 1 Le Romain Win $2.70

I initially thought Geelong by a big margin like 60+ but the predicted weather (hail, thunder, wind) might have a part to play in the final margin.

I have opted for GWS 1-39 $2.25 against the Swans as a second leg.

NRL: Penrith 13+ vs Newcastle $2.15 @15:00 Sat. 

AFL: GWS 1-39 v Swans $2.25 @16:35 Sat.

Edited by Dee Zephyr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

I initially thought Geelong by a big margin like 60+ but the predicted weather (hail, thunder, wind) might have a part to play in the final margin.

I have opted for GWS 1-39 $2.25 against the Swans as a second leg.

NRL: Penrith 13+ vs Newcastle $2.15 @15:00 Sat. 

AFL: GWS 1-39 v Swans $2.25 @16:35 Sat.

Freo have actually done ok down there against them in the past, 2 good legs there.....anyone can beat Sydney. :(

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 2 best bets ...

Tottenham Win & Over 2.5 goals in the Match Score  ($1.75) vs Fulham

South Africa 13+  ($1.73) vs Argentina

Not a great deal of value but I'm looking for a twin collect this time up ... coupled with a few more 'Specials' put up by others here will up the ante though. 

Best of luck to all.

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two stand out bets for mine in the AFL

Tigers plus 14.5

Comment:

I think the 14.5 line for the tigers is too short. I know tigers are resting players and Bombers are playing for their chance of finals but Tigers are a 6 goal better side and i would have that line at 30 points. Great value. I hasten to add my betting partner has Bombers as one of his best so i won't be betting in this game (unless i can convince him to go unders on TMP of 166.5 - i think it will be scrappy, low scoring game)

GWS plus 4.5

Comment:

GWS will win this game by 4 goals plus so a line of 4.5 is terrific value

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 tips so far and here's how it reads ...

AFL:  West Coast v Melbourne either side under 15.5pts $2.63

Racing:  Randwick Race 7 No 1 Le Romain Win $2.70

NRL:  Penrith 13+ vs Newcastle $2.15 @15:00 Sat. 

AFL:  GWS 1-39 v Swans $2.25 @16:35 Sat.

EPL: Tottenham Win & Over 2.5 goals in the Match Score  $1.75 vs Fulham

Rugby:  South Africa 13+  $1.73 vs Argentina

AFL:  Tigers plus 14.5  $1.92

AFL:  GWS plus 4.5  $1.92

 

That's about 380-1 according to my calculations (so far) ... pick the eyes out of that for a nice collect ladies & gentlemen 😲

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Macca said:

8 tips so far and here's how it reads ...

AFL:  West Coast v Melbourne either side under 15.5pts $2.63

Racing:  Randwick Race 7 No 1 Le Romain Win $2.70

NRL:  Penrith 13+ vs Newcastle $2.15 @15:00 Sat. 

AFL:  GWS 1-39 v Swans $2.25 @16:35 Sat.

EPL: Tottenham Win & Over 2.5 goals in the Match Score  $1.75 vs Fulham

Rugby:  South Africa 13+  $1.73 vs Argentina

AFL:  Tigers plus 14.5  $1.92

AFL:  GWS plus 4.5  $1.92

 

That's about 380-1 according to my calculations (so far) ... pick the eyes out of that for a nice collect ladies & gentlemen 😲

 

Not sure if you can put the 2 GWS bets in the same multi, but some very interesting selections this week. Thank you to all contributors.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Not sure if you can put the 2 GWS bets in the same multi, but some very interesting selections this week. Thank you to all contributors.

I didn't even notice that until after I posted it up ... I suppose if one could find another $1.80 - $1.90 chance then the 380-1 is relevant.  I've just gone with 5 of the picks anyway Wadda ... reasonably confident with the 5 though. 

If they paid out on getting all bar 1 in a multi I'd be a squillionaire by now 🙄

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As is my custom,  I've reloaded with those best bets that are still alive and have thrown in a couple of other head-to-head clashes that will be decided overnight.  Just a very small outlay and 5 picks only.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Macca said:

As is my custom,  I've reloaded with those best bets that are still alive and have thrown in a couple of other head-to-head clashes that will be decided overnight.  Just a very small outlay and 5 picks only.

I did as well...had Le Romain, Sunlight and Osborne Bulls into Sydney /GWS either side under 15.5........i was trying to cash out on 14points with 30 sec to go....but i couldnt.....there was no offer. Bastardos

  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wadda We Sing said:

I did as well...had Le Romain, Sunlight and Osborne Bulls into Sydney /GWS either side under 15.5........i was trying to cash out on 14points with 30 sec to go....but i couldnt.....there was no offer. Bastardos

Yep,  there's always a catch isn't there Wadda?  All the betting agencies have different rules but if you want the odds boost,  Laddies is the best.  Cash-out works best with TAB but the combined odds in a multi aren't anywhere near as good.

I don't do many multi's so am happy to let the bet ride but I am careful not to have the last leg be in a stand-alone event where you want to cash out and can't.  My last 2 or 3 events within a multi are either played overnight or are played at the same sort of time. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Macca said:

Yep,  there's always a catch isn't there Wadda?  All the betting agencies have different rules but if you want the odds boost,  Laddies is the best.  Cash-out works best with TAB but the combined odds in a multi aren't anywhere near as good.

I don't do many multi's so am happy to let the bet ride but I am careful not to have the last leg be in a stand-alone event where you want to cash out and can't.  My last 2 or 3 events within a multi are either played overnight or are played at the same sort of time. 

There was a cash out offer there all game........but when the swans got to 20 points in front , it disappeared......ok fair enough, but then GWS kicked a goal to put it back to 14pts. I expected the cash out to reappear, but it didnt. Harsh

I have one multi left going into your rugby leg as the last leg, so all is not lost. Do you know what time that is on?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

There was a cash out offer there all game........but when the swans got to 20 points in front , it disappeared......ok fair enough, but then GWS kicked a goal to put it back to 14pts. I expected the cash out to reappear, but it didnt. Harsh

I have one multi left going into your rugby leg as the last leg, so all is not lost. Do you know what time that is on?

1.00am Wadda ... I've got it going as well but need a few other things to happen. 

But within a week of you starting up the combined sports multi I'm already wanting to find some winners because of the transparency of the thread.  My mindset is the same with the racing. 

We might do alright as a consequence if we're all on the same page with regards to finding standout winners within a realistic margin.  I usually look for the better value but I'm thinking that the 1.70 - 2.30 range is good enough.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Macca said:

1.00am Wadda ... I've got it going as well but need a few other things to happen. 

But within a week of you starting up the combined sports multi I'm already wanting to find some winners because of the transparency of the thread.  My mindset is the same with the racing. 

We might do alright as a consequence if we're all on the same page with regards to finding standout winners within a realistic margin.  I usually look for the better value but I'm thinking that the 1.70 - 2.30 range is good enough.

I just sometimes think finding 3 or 4 sports winners can be easier than racing. I feel there are a lot more unknowns for instance as you said today, 1st up...we dont know how forward the trainer has prepared the horse. Well thats exactly right, you dont. The margin is really the hard part. But it will give you the odds. If you get odds around those you mentioned in a mutli with a few legs....its a decent return.

I wont make the 1.00am, but i have a look in the morning.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

I just sometimes think finding 3 or 4 sports winners can be easier than racing. I feel there are a lot more unknowns for instance as you said today, 1st up...we dont know how forward the trainer has prepared the horse. Well thats exactly right, you dont. The margin is really the hard part. But it will give you the odds. If you get odds around those you mentioned in a mutli with a few legs....its a decent return.

I wont make the 1.00am, but i have a look in the morning.

Well,  lets hope our accounts are boosted overnight hey Wadda.  That's what I call a good start to the day when that happens. 

And then if the Demons get up that'll make the day even better ... we're a chance in both of the last 2 games after seeing the Swans finish over the top of GWS.  On one or both of the days we just have to be better than the 2 opposition teams who are about as good as what we are.

In the meantime,  go the Springboks!

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Macca said:

Well,  lets hope our accounts are boosted overnight hey Wadda.  That's what I call a good start to the day when that happens. 

And then if the Demons get up that'll make the day even better ... we're a chance in both of the last 2 games after seeing the Swans finish over the top of GWS.  On one or both of the days we just have to be better than the 2 opposition teams who are about as good as what we are.

In the meantime,  go the Springboks!

Any idea of the score in the Bledisloe?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Any idea of the score in the Bledisloe?

 

All Blacks 38  Wallabies 13 ... the 13+ margin was paying 1.75 all week. 

But I can't remember the last time I ever bet against one of my own teams ... my thinking is there are plenty of other alternatives but that's just me.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Macca said:

All Blacks 38  Wallabies 13 ... the 13+ margin was paying 1.75 all week. 

But I can't remember the last time I ever bet against one of my own teams ... my thinking is there are plenty of other alternatives but that's just me.

Did you see that at the TAB? 13+??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Social Media

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    STATE OF DEESASTER by the Oracle

    Melbourne’s circus caravan rolls into Adelaide on Wednesday night, an event that will put shivers up the spine of every Crows’ supporter as they look directly into the face of disaster. The flakey Demons left their home town a month ago and proceeded to rough up the Gold Coast Suns and Hawthorn in Sydney before moving on to the sunny Queensland where they missed by a bee’s diaphragm against the more or less local second-on-ladder Brisbane Lions. Then, they had to butter up against the top t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    OVERPOWERED by George on the Outer

    In a dismal display against Port Adelaide, Melbourne showed it had learnt nothing from their previous week’s loss to Brisbane. Port, in contrast, after losing to St.Kilda, addressed their failings, and as a result made the Demons look like a second-rate side.  Melbourne failed to score a goal in the first quarter, and the first time it seriously troubled the goal umpire was saved until a minute before half-time.  Did it get any better?  No with their meagre three goals for the sec

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    DESPERATION OF THE MOMENT by Whispering Jack

    Melbourne’s recent win against Hawthorn highlighted how important Max Gawn’s ruck domination is for the team. A week later however, that domination continued but its effect was totally blunted by the Brisbane Lions midfield and, as a consequence, what could have been an easy win over a leading AFL contender turned into a disappointing but close loss and a sense of desperation now looms over the club as the halfway mark of the season approaches. This week’s opponent in Port Adelaide also und

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    THE FOUR POINT FAIL by George on the Outer

    Melbourne went down by 4 points in a thrilling finish against Brisbane, but they failed by more than the 4 points.     They also failed to score the 4 points necessary to keep them in the race for the finals, and now find themselves sitting 6 points outside the top 8, but effectively 2 games outside (even though they have a game in hand).   The Demons had more than enough opportunities to win.  Six very easy shots on goal failed to bother the goal umpire with a major and ultimate

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    NORTH OF THE BORDER PART 2 by The Oracle

    The travelling COVID circus moves north of the border yet again and, unless at some time in the near future, Papua New Guinea opens its borders, this could be the last time this phenomenon happens. And as fortune would dictate, the resurgent Demons are walking directly into the sights of the locals from the bright lights of Brizvegas to Carrara - the scene of some long-forgotten (and deservedly so) battles with one of the Lions’ former incarnations, namely, the Brisbane Bears. But unli

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    ON THE NOSE by George on the Outer

    One of the Hawthorn Football Club’s valued sponsors is Azep® Nasal Spray and given the thrashing handed out to the Hawks in today’s game, it would appear that they need a huge supply of the sponsor’s product because they are simply on the nose. This condition was caused by the sheer dominance of the Demons, led magnificently by skipper Max Gawn with 27 hitouts and 22 disposals including two clearances. Around him in the middle were Christian Petracca with 29 touches, Clayton Oliver (also on

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE PREMIER LEAGUE by Whispering Jack

    So the new man under the pump is Clarko, which demonstrates how sad but predictable the football media is these days. In an age where each AFL team’s form can be topsy turvy and unpredictability is the order of the day, the coach of a team that has played five out of the top six teams from the previous season and sits with a 3/3 win loss record is this week’s whipping boy.   This comes admittedly on the back of a bad fortnight from the Hawks who in recent years have exhibited an enormous

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    SUNSMART by George on the Outer

    If you don’t want to get sunburnt, you follow the Sunsmart rules.  Melbourne took the advice and with their season on the line, avoided getting burnt by the Gold Coast Suns, with a gripping 17 point win. It was a match that could have gone either way, with the sides within a kick of each other for all but the final minutes of the final quarter. Melbourne had stretched the lead earlier in the game to 18 points, but that quickly evaporated to a neck and neck race to the finish.  Finally,

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    NORTH OF THE BORDER by The Oracle

    The outcomes of Melbourne’s recent games against the Gold Coast Suns are a pretty good barometer of how the teams are faring. The Demons easily accounted for them twice in 2018, the last win being a 96-point cakewalk at the MCG in Round 20 when they scored a whopping 21.17.143 to 7.5.47. Ironically, Melbourne’s score of 9.3.57 at the first break that afternoon is leading its highest score for a full game to date this year by 3 points. In those days, they played fast, skillful football, moved th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 5

    PACK YOUR BAGS by George on The Outer

    The scene was captured by the TV camera’s before the match with a view of the Melbourne side’s bags packed next to the team bus to facilitate their flight up north to the AFL hub where they will play their next matches. However, on the basis of the efforts against Richmond, unless things change, and change rapidly, there will be some who will be told to pack their bags on a more permanent basis. Once again, the supporters got much the same story from this match against Richmond, as

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    SOUTH OF THE BORDER by the Oracle

    Thankfully they moved this week’s game from Sydney where the sun shines and the virus breeds ever so slowly and almost nobody returns a positive test. The change of fixture comes at precisely the right time to allow everyone in town to head to the MCG on Sunday at around 3:30pm, not to catch up with what’s going on inside the ground but rather, to do what’s fashionable for woke folk in 2020 — pulling down statues. It’s time for Kevin Bartlett and Leigh Matthews to go but you can’t touch Norm Smi

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    LESSONS IN LOSING by George on the Outer

    Turn up for the game and look like you want to win it.  Melbourne lost this game to Geelong, a game after a couple of extended breaks, looking like they were at the end of a 22 game season. Right from the start there was a lack of intensity across the board, as the Demons played exactly the type of game that the ageing Geelong list wanted. Geelong repeatedly played possession footy, to avoid having to run those ageing legs, something that Melbourne failed to exploit.  To use the oft quot

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

×
×
  • Create New...