St. Kilda are "absoutely deplorable"; will destroy us

pewpewpew

1 hour ago, WERRIDEE said:

Every game is a danger game for us we can't be trusted yet.

Agreed, there is nothing that we've shown this year to make me believe that we will bring our A-game every week. If anything I'm less confident than last year.

• Like 2

On 4/30/2018 at 6:59 PM, Jibroni said:

Goes to show anything is possible this Sunday, particularly with the evenness of the comp (outside of Carlton and Brizzy)

Mindset and discipline are the keys, if we start well and turnover the scoreboard then I expect the Saints to wilt. We really need a big win to give the players some real confidence.

And we have a shyte percentage, atmo.  Well below the teams above us.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:08 PM, Soidee said:

Trouble been a MFC supporter is we watch every game with our heart in our mouth.  It is decades of inconsistency and not knowing which team will turn up on any given day.  The season is on a knife edge and we have to be at our best every week.  Beating the Saints, GC and Carlton are simply a must for us to cement our season.  I have no idea week to week it’s a lottery and that’s a major concern.  If we miss out on the 8 it’s a dismal failure with our list.  Supporters of this club are just fatigued with inconsistency.  If we are to improve we must win the next 3 then there is a glimmer of hope.  At the moment I do not trust this club.

Can't trust the Melbourne Football Club, they'll come out against St. Kilda on Sunday and play their usual week after a win shyte, you can put a thousand on it, Saints at $3.27 would be worth a little wager

Edited by dave
  • Haha 1

“Their kicking skills were absolutely deplorable,” Lyon told SEN Breakfast.

“Like, deplorable to the point we all watch footy on Sunday at 3pm and we’re all experts in our loungeroom, your phone just starts pinging and all your mates are watching the same thing and wondering whether you’re watching AFL footy.

“The players in that Melbourne side last year that we thought were going to become something, where’s Alex Neal-Bullen, where’s Jayden Hunt, James Harmes seems to have just stagnated, Dom Tyson's best footy is behind him, Petracca hasn’t lit one up for a long time and these were the sorts of blokes we thought were going to carry them.

“Clayton Oliver is their best player and doesn't kick very often, still.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Skuit said:

“Like, deplorable to the point we all watch footy on Sunday at 3pm and we’re all experts in our loungeroom, your phone just starts pinging and all your mates are watching the same thing and wondering whether you’re watching AFL footy.

“The players in that Melbourne side last year that we thought were going to become something, where’s Alex Neal-Bullen, where’s Jayden Hunt, James Harmes seems to have just stagnated, Dom Tyson's best footy is behind him, Petracca hasn’t lit one up for a long time and these were the sorts of blokes we thought were going to carry them.

Agree with all of that 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dave said:

Can't trust the Melbourne Football Club, they'll come out against St. Kilda on Sunday and play their usual week after a win shyte, you can put a thousand on it, Saints at $3.27 would be worth a little wager

Dave wait for Carlton for a good earn $7.60

4 hours ago, Skuit said:

I see what you did there....

Can't rely on us to completely demoralise the saints, but I think you can rely on us for the win.

The saints are very poor. They were always going to struggle after being a middle rung team last year and facing the prospect of losing Riewoldt & Montagna at once. 

What fresh hell is this?

St Kilda V Melbourne, 73, from 3PM this Sunday.

In Northern NSW, it's rare the Demons are on 73. And if they are, it's usually a portent of a horror-show to come.

I'll pull the aerial down and head into the paddocks oblivious to inevitable shamble show.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2018 at 5:09 PM, McQueen said:

GWS not that good.

yes they are, but usually at home.  GWS took the foot off and never should have lost/drawn that game.  The saints couldn't believe how lucky they got getting draw.

But...... use it as a wake up to start off as they finished on Sunday.

Do not stress I am going to tab now to put 10 bucks on saints at 3.25.    Given my terrible luck with the punt  its a guaranteed win to the dees.   I  really hope and trust I will not be collecting  (last thing I want to do !!) am just putting the punting gods in Dees favor. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Skuit said:

Did you agree or disagree with this?

ANB, jeez people are quick to jump on him, overall his trajectory is improving, not the 1st to be dropped by any means, am going to write a post about ANB later. 

Hunt, this was the 1st game this year where I thought he had refound his run, bombs it like a former dee Moloney and I want that to change - I think opposition will learn from Essendon mistake in giving him that run. But was thinking his game showed promising signs

Harmes is always what he has been, why the surprise?

Tyson is having a good year overall.

31 minutes ago, gregdemon said:

Do not stress I am going to tab now to put 10 bucks on saints at 3.25.    Given my terrible luck with the punt  its a guaranteed win to the dees.   I  really hope and trust I will not be collecting  (last thing I want to do !!) am just putting the punting gods in Dees favor. 

I think to really ensure a win, you should put a gorilla on the table - there's a gorilla, on the table, let's go. (Say in 12th Man Hansie Cronjie voice)

This is exactly the type of game in the past we would go in with our chests inflated.

We have to be on from the first bounce. We take them lightly and just expect to win, we are in deep trouble.

We have to win to get season back on track. Winnable games coming up. 

On 5/1/2018 at 11:40 AM, timbo said:

We need to win by 10 goals to help make up the % loss to Hawks and Richmond.

We lost what, 114 points aggregate?

We have made up 36 of that, 78 to go.

We then need to make more up against Carlton.

And that doesn't account for 5 weeks of winning / not winning by 10-20 pt margins.

My maths might be slightly off.

Just bank the 4 points bro and move to the following week ... at this stage. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, H_T said:

Just bank the 4 points bro and move to the following week ... at this stage. 

You never go full bank with Melbourne.

I've put a massive fiver on the Saints. Emotional hedge.

My point is that I would like to see us legitimately [censored] someone as risible as STKFC'18.

Like, by 187 points. We can then all forever talk about 187 not 186 (the confusion this would cause would be hilarious in itself).

Killer instinct missing. (Has anyone got a link to Lever's last 1/4 guffaw at the Essendon play on c9ckup referred to by Demonblog/Adam1.0)

I don't get how posters on here are saying saints better then bombers, there record is worse, the bombers beat the crows in Melbourne, and the saints lost by 55 points to a undermanned Crows. The saints have been trying they are just no good, if the dees take them serious then we win by 35. The docklands is now our favorite ground, we now play it better then anyone. Where is the moron who started this thread? they really destroyed us.