Welcome to Demonland: Jake Lever

7 minutes ago, P-man said:

Trade Radio played audio of Tex teeing off on Lever on Triple M Adelaide. Did not hold any punches. Said he has chosen "money over success".

Had some respect for Adelaide as a club but they are not handling this situation with much dignity,

lol, a bit rich of Tex to say that after his GF effort. Didn't scream "success" to me.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, P-man said:

Trade Radio played audio of Tex teeing off on Lever on Triple M Adelaide. Did not hold any punches. Said he has chosen "money over success".

Had some respect for Adelaide as a club but they are not handling this situation with much dignity,

Tex and his texans have dropped their collective bundles. Too many drinking from the Torrens currently.

Tex and his fellow indignants might possibly take a moment to reflect as to the why of the many leaving the Crows before uttering such nonsenses.

A question to Adelaide, might Lever actually be leaving for MORE and sustained SUCCESS ?  He's entitled to the money, it's footy; but before you can place one above the other in argument you might want to be able to back it up. Adelaide are conjuring hypotheticals as though they were FACT then adjudicating upon this.

Possibly Adelaide has looked in the mirror and not liked what it has seen and so has to start blaming folk for their failures. So, let's start pining the "deserting rats" !!

Adelaide are full of more "rats" just waiting to leave too.  The Crows are in a murderous mood but they'll be the ones taken down a peg or two I sense in 2018.  Many will play but not with their hearts in it.

Better open another  Bin 407 chaps...

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Tex and his texans have dropped their collective bundles. Too many drinking from the Torrens currently.

Tex and his fellow indignants might possibly take a moment to reflect as to the why of the many leaving the Crows before uttering such nonsenses.

A question to Adelaide, might Lever actually be leaving for MORE and sustained SUCCESS ?  He's entitled to the money, it's footy; but before you can place one above the other in argument you might want to be able to back it up. Adelaide are conjuring hypotheticals as though they were FACT then adjudicating upon this.

Possibly Adelaide has looked in the mirror and not liked what it has seen and so has to start blaming folk for their failures. So, let's start pining the "deserting rats" !!

Adelaide are full of more "rats" just waiting to leave too.  The Crows are in a murderous mood but they'll be the ones taken down a peg or two I sense in 2018.  Many will play but not with their hearts in it.

Better open another  Bin 407 chaps...

I thought it was telling when Tex said "we hope he makes the right decision and stays" two months back in the media. The bloke sees in b/w and thinks his beliefs are the only correct ones. Clearly doesnt respect that other people have different views and values. Its a "my way or the highway" kind of egotistical caustic leadership. Thats what you get when you promote a dingbat with a mullet into a captain.

Edited by Deeprived Childhood
  • Haha 2

Looks like Lever will be out the door after those comments. I sure as hell wouldn't stay at a club if my captain said that about me on radio.

"I didn't have a crack at him, I was pretty honest because I don't like people leaving our footy club," Walker said. 

"I don't think I was arrogant or aggressive towards him.

"I was probably blunt."

Sounds like Tex hasn't taken kindly to the prospect of Lever leaving. 

Something's gone wrong at Adelaide if Charlie Cameron badly wants out as well. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brisbanedemonfan said:

Looks like Lever will be out the door after those comments. I sure as hell wouldn't stay at a club if my captain said that about me on radio.

"I didn't have a crack at him, I was pretty honest because I don't like people leaving our footy club," Walker said. 

"I don't think I was arrogant or aggressive towards him.

"I was probably blunt."

Sounds like Tex hasn't taken kindly to the prospect of Lever leaving. 

Something's gone wrong at Adelaide if Charlie Cameron badly wants out as well. 

I disagree with this notion, correlation doesn't equal causation - I think they're mutually exclusive events... For all the players that have left Adelaide - there are plenty that stay even when they're not in their state of origin. 

I would love the stats over the last 7 years (Gen Z's and Millenials) of how many who are not playing in their home state, have requested trades back home, vs those that haven't.

Further, (and this is one of my biggest gripes) - for those who post on here that players who want to go home are 'soft' etc etc - family, friends, lifestyle just about always trumps working for an organisation when its based interstate - be it football or otherwise. 

47 minutes ago, P-man said:

Yes heard that as well, he can get s#*%#*. Lever has done nothing wrong at all and the crows are trying to say anything they can to have a go at the kid. So what if it is money like Walker has said? I would like any one else who has to put their bodies through the grind of AFL playing and training would try and get the best i could get whilst i'm young as well, because we all know life can smack us around a air bit and things could go south real quick. 

Stop sooking crows get the deal done and move on.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Danelska said:

I disagree with this notion, correlation doesn't equal causation - I think they're mutually exclusive events... For all the players that have left Adelaide - there are plenty that stay even when they're not in their state of origin. 

I would love the stats over the last 7 years (Gen Z's and Millenials) of how many who are not playing in their home state, have requested trades back home, vs those that haven't.

Further, (and this is one of my biggest gripes) - for those who post on here that players who want to go home are 'soft' etc etc - family, friends, lifestyle just about always trumps working for an organisation when its based interstate - be it football or otherwise. 

Yep. I took a pay cut to eliminate a 45 minute commute (each way) when I was starting a family about 5 years ago.

Lifestyle and family are absolutely factors when weighing your employment, I imagine footy clubs represent a similar situation for players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P-man said:

Success? They folded like a cheap deck of cards in the grand final. At full tilt they're a good team the Crows but they seem to be a bit mentally brittle 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Goffer said:

Success? They folded like a cheap deck of cards in the grand final. At full tilt they're a good team the Crows but they seem to be a bit mentally brittle 

He's prone to throwing the toys out of the cot.

I recall he used to get very short with interviewers when asked about Dangerfield, and his post match speech at the GF was surely one of the most pathetic that stage has seen.

It's fine to be disappointed but show some leadership for god's sake.

• Like 4

Lever gets to go home to family and friends. And get paid well! Good on him...

Sounds like Tex Rat is a bit jealous. Maybe he is jealous he gets to play with Bernie... haha

Edited by Dee tention

Apparently Tex is going in for surgery...

Word has it they're scouting around for another half a brain !!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Apparently Tex is going in for surgery...

Word has it they're scouting around for another half a brain !!

He is getting a finger and an ankle.

The finger because it has been stuck up his ahrse.  Ankle because he has had his foot in his mouth.

Back in time to sook about Sloane in the pre-season.

Edited by buck_nekkid

28 minutes ago, Nasher said:

I did. Have been happily married for 12 years this year.

Sshhhhh! Millennials who make good life decisions do not exist.

Now come join me for some smashed avo and a little destruction of out-dated and inflexible industries.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3