Eddie and Caro

Undeeterred

Just now, ProDee said:

I never take notice of people that can't articulate a position, but instead resort to insults.  Comments in poor taste to a senior journalist don't represent "violence to women" and nor are they representative of me because I hold a view as to their nature.

I'll tell you to stick to snide remarks, because you know nothing about football. 

More compelling, self serving commentary.

You should be ashamed to pen that narrative.

But, your modus operandi is sniping every poster that disagrees with you - you know what? Bring it! I'll debate you on any topic you want.

Let's go.

• Like 1

Actually I don't think Eddie was being sexist. It's not Caro the woman he hates, it's Caro the journo.

But his timing was exquisitely bad, being on the heels of the "White Ribbon" anti-violence against women round, and CFC's announcement of a women's team!

Big focus on women and he comes and and says he'll pay money to drown a journo who happens to be a woman.

He's got his finger right on the pulse, this McGuire. (Not.)

• Like 2

Just now, Ted Fidge said:

Actually I don't think Eddie was being sexist. It's not Caro the woman he hates, it's Caro the journo.

But his timing was exquisitely bad, being on the heels of the "White Ribbon" anti-violence against women round, and CFC's announcement of a women's team!

Big focus on women and he comes and and says he'll pay money to drown a journo who happens to be a woman.

He's got his finger right on the pulse, this McGuire. (Not.)

Yeah bad timing,  insensitive and stupid,  but the people trying to push the sexism connection are doing no service to the whole feminism movement. 

The whole point is to be treated equally,  not put on a pedestal or protected because of one's sex,  that defeats the purpose of equality. 

The guy's who push the sexism agenda the strongest are usually the most desperate with the women in hope for brownie points lol

7 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

More compelling, self serving commentary.

You should be ashamed to pen that narrative.

But, your modus operandi is sniping every poster that disagrees with you - you know what? Bring it! I'll debate you on any topic you want.

Let's go.

Sniping ?  If you'd said that you disagree and enunciated why I wouldn't have had an issue.  But all you did was make an uninvited snide response. 

And YOU talk of sniping.

A joke you are. 

You and I suspect most others on this thread are probably nasty loud mouth left-wingers, who can't abide the opinions of others.

Edited by ProDee

8 minutes ago, ProDee said:

I never take notice of people that can't articulate a position, but instead resort to insults.  Comments in poor taste to a senior journalist don't represent "violence to women" and nor are they representative of me because I hold a view as to their nature.

I'll let you to stick to snide remarks, because you know nothing about football. 

Yes they do, you must be one of those who think violence can only be physical, I knew a lady who was beaten up mentally every day by her partner till she eventually killed herself just to make it end

1 minute ago, Jesse Christ said:

Yeah bad timing,  insensitive and stupid,  but the people trying to push the sexism connection are doing no service to the whole feminism movement. 

The whole point is to be treated equally,  not put on a pedestal or protected because of one's sex,  that defeats the purpose of equality. 

The guy's who push the sexism agenda the strongest are usually the most desperate with the women in hope for brownie points lol

I do hope that is a joke on your part

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Bigred said:

I am stunned that Eddie still doesnt get it.

His comments were sexist and obscene and definitely part of the problem

Caroline Wilson says so, and as the recipient her view is all that matters

Phil Cleary on ABC today made it very clear... this behaviour of 'the boys club' remains part of the problem .... and we still have a long way tp go and a lot of learning to come. 

AFL's response was OK but very soft... 

Listening to Dermie on SEN 'explain things .... a la 'it was just a joke' made me feel unwell.

So what was it when tony shaw said the same thing to Carro?

She can't have it both ways

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ProDee said:

Sniping ?  If you'd said that you disagree and enunciated why I wouldn't have had an issue.  But all you did was make an uninvited snide response. 

And YOU talk of sniping.

A joke you are. 

You and I suspect most others on this thread are probably nasty loud mouth left-wingers, who can't abide the opinions of others.

So, no topic to debate?

25 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Yes they do, you must be one of those who think violence can only be physical, I knew a lady who was beaten up mentally every day by her partner till she eventually killed herself just to make it end

I do hope that is a joke on your part

I've answered that old man. 

They made jokes about arguably the most senor (and combative) journalist in town.  Her sex wasn't the cause of the comments and should have no bearing whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, ProDee said:

You tell me. 

Happy to debate loud mouth nasty lefties.

I am too lazy to go through 10 pages on something which has blown out of proportion unnesarily however I agree with your stance on this. It was simple banter that had nothing to do with sex until Caro cried poor and made it about Sex.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ProDee said:

You tell me. 

Happy to debate loud mouth nasty lefties.

You may out of luck as isn't there an unwritten rule that you can't be a lefty and support Melbourne? Loud mouth and nasty should be easy to find. 

3 minutes ago, olisik said:

I am too lazy to go through 10 pages on something which has blown out of proportion unnesarily however I agree with your stance on this. It was simple banter that had nothing to do with sex until Caro cried poor and made it about Sex.

Except of course that it wasn't Caro who cried foul

2 minutes ago, ProDee said:

I've answered that old man. 

They made jokes about arguably the most senor (and combative) journalist in town.  Her sex wasn't the cause of the comments and should have no bearing whatsoever.

You have answered with something I don't agree with, they made jokes about pushing and holding a woman under water, hence it became about violence against women, which bit don't you get, thanks youngster

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

You have answered with something I don't agree with, they made jokes about pushing and holding a woman under water, hence it became about violence against women, which bit don't you get, thanks youngster

Holding a "journalist" under water.  Why are you so stereotypical towards professional females in the workplace  ?

It was in poor taste and unnecessary, but it wasn't a comment about domestic violence against women. 

Edited by ProDee
  • Like 1

Just now, ProDee said:

Holding a "journalist" under water.  Why are you so stereotypical against professional females in the workplace  ?

It was in poor taste and unnecessary, but it wasn't a comment about domestic violence against women. 

You won't win around here mate. 

I have worked with some of the toughest (female) journalists during my time at the ABC and they gave as good as they got. 

It was never an issue of gender but whether they could nail a story...

5 minutes ago, ProDee said:

Holding a "journalist" under water.  Why are you so stereotypical against professional females in the workplace  ?

Think you need to put the bottle down for just a minute and actually read what I am typing, I have two femaie bosses who I have respect for, they are good leaders irrespective of what gender they are

Not sure which bit you don't get, even speaking about violence against women, is violence against women..it should not have been said, even in jest, McGuire has history of inappropriate comments

Your whole attitude to this issue smacks of the old 'Me Tarzan, you Jane' attitude

Edited by Satyriconhome
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ProDee said:

Holding a "journalist" under water.  Why are you so stereotypical towards professional females in the workplace  ?

No it wasnt a comment about domestic violence, it was a comment about violence towards a women who happens to be a Journo. Making comments that disrespect women and about violence towards women, no matter their occupation, is not good and contributes to the problems we have with our culture towards women, and there is a problem. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Think you need to put the bottle down for just a minute and actually read what I am typing, I have two femaie bosses who I have respect for, they are good leaders irrespective of what gender they are

Not sure which bit you don't get, even speaking about violence against women, is violence against women..it should not have been said, even in jest, McGuire has history of inappropriate comments

Your whole attitude to this issue smacks of the old 'Me Tarzan, you Jane' attitude

I see Wilson as a senior professional.  You see her as a female. 

The comments were not gender specific.  They were about a combative journalist.  A senior journalist. It's a pity you can't see Wilson as a professional first and foremost and have to resort to the type of stereotype that women in the workforce have been fighting for decades. 

An issue for you. 

• Like 3