NAB Challenge Aftermath

Demonland

42 minutes ago, Bossdog said:

I have several billers that charge me for them sending me a bill.

The gas Co......Charge me 2.50 for them to send me the bill.

I refuse to pay by direct debit.

If they want to charge me for the gas I use, fair enough.....But I shouldn't be charged for them sending me the bill.

i have the same but only for hard copy

if you elect to get bill via email you can chose multiple one-off payment methods for NO charge when you receive email

so, don't need direct debit or hard-copy mail

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daisycutter said:

obviously we need competition. where is the "uber" of ticketing

someday it will happen and ticketek, ticketmaster will be caught with their pants around their ankles

I go to a ton of gigs -  do not get me started on ticketmaster and ticketek.

Worse yet, if anyone mentions Ticketmaster Resell ( which in layman's term's means "we want a piece of the scalping action") I will have apoplexy

5 minutes ago, Curry & Beer said:

anything that requires human labour/use of utilities/physical rented space/raw materials/hardware/equipment  obviously has a cost to produce. Just emailing us a ticket requires some of those things and it therefore has to be covered.

wouldnt think so... There would be automated code for this.. 

18 minutes ago, ManDee said:

I like overpaying the bill by a small amount or even an estimate of the next bill, many organisations will send multiple letters saying do not overpay. Then I keep doing it, drives them nuts, in the old days I would get interest paid to me on my credit card at their going rate. (18% if I recall correctly) Best return ever from a bank. They have since fixed this, damn.

Wow that's gold. I wish i knew of that one back a few years!!

6 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

you should try costco, they charge you to shop there - every year too

I am a member dc.

You do get things for your membership as well as a unique shopping experience.

They don't charge you to print your bill though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ManDee said:

I like overpaying the bill by a small amount or even an estimate of the next bill, many organisations will send multiple letters saying do not overpay. Then I keep doing it, drives them nuts, in the old days I would get interest paid to me on my credit card at their going rate. (18% if I recall correctly) Best return ever from a bank. They have since fixed this, damn.

You really are a confusing person!

50 minutes ago, Baghdad Bob said:

You really are a confusing person!

Sorry Bob, I don't mean to be, perhaps it is my sense of humour or maybe you are over analysing me. I am a Melbourne supporter like you, I like to have a laugh and am a bit of an antiestablishmentarianist. (Some say wankyr) 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Curry & Beer said:

yes but don't you realise they have to pay IT professionals to create and maintain these processes?

fmd c&b, you are being as obstinate as stuie

we are only really talking about being charged for printing it on your own printer, not about the ticketing commission  

23 minutes ago, Curry & Beer said:

yes but don't you realise they have to pay IT professionals to create and maintain these processes?

maybe so - but certain ticketing establishments ( like the example I provided) don't charge - it is my view they are trying to make it as attractive as possible to get the punter to print their own tickets  - saving them the labor consuming processes of printing ,enveloping, addressing and posting tickets themselves.

The ticketing agencies already require emails from customers and have an automated system to send emails confirming purchases and sending invoices. The technology required to send out tickets is very little in difference to other companies sending out bills electronically like Telstra and the the likes of Origin/AGL etc. 

You can make a case for booking fees as they need to cover wages, advertising, web maintenance and all the work the do to get the tickets to market etc etc - you cannot make a case for charging us to print tickets at home - they are charging an inflated price for an ultra cheap delivery method.

Edited by nutbean
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, old dee said:

I am a member dc.

You do get things for your membership as well as a unique shopping experience.

They don't charge you to print your bill though.

lol, od, if i want a "unique shopping experience" i go to ikea for free :)

1 minute ago, daisycutter said:

they took the meatballs off the menu..damn those Swedes..they have lost my business

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nutbean said:

maybe so - but certain ticketing establishments ( like the example I provided) don't charge - it is my view they are trying to make it as attractive as possible to get the punter to print their own tickets  - saving them the labor consuming processes of printing ,enveloping, addressing and posting tickets themselves.

The ticketing agencies already require emails from customers and have an automated system to send emails confirming purchases and sending invoices. The technology required to send out tickets is very little in differencet to other companies sending out bills electronically like Telstra and the the likes of Origin/AGL etc. 

You can make a case for booking fees as they need to cover wages, advertising, web maintenance etc etc - you cannot make a case for charging us to print tickets at home - they are charging an inflated price for a ultra cheap delivery method.

Just now, daisycutter said:

Arr but in Costco you can find the way out.

Ikea is a bit like the Bermuda triangle people regularly disappear once they enter

8 hours ago, Baghdad Bob said:

Doesn't worry me Nut.  I'd much rather have the convenience of booking and printing at home than having to line up in a queue and get it that way.

What the hell is a "Handling Charge" anyway?  It's a fee they charge to stay profitable and it's an amount they can charge for providing a service someone wants. Same with the Delivery fee really.  I suppose they have to pay for the hardware and software that provides it.  I hope they stay profitable, I like the convenience.

We all have a choice.  Always surprises me how people can get so worked up over such minor things.  Life is too short isn't it?

minor things? 

.....   its not about a company making a charge.  its about truth & justice.  its about deception.  its about leaving the customer feeling cheated by the hidden add+ons that were not mentioned in the advertising.. 

In short, the people are feeling cheated in today's  'world of economics'  world.  They're feeling like they are slaves to the economy.

lets not get it ass about?

donkey-ass.jpg

Edited by dee-luded

2 hours ago, Curry & Beer said:

anything that requires human labour/use of utilities/physical rented space/raw materials/hardware/equipment  obviously has a cost to produce. Just emailing us a ticket requires some of those things and it therefore has to be covered.

so how can company's afford to give big discounts to big customers/buyers?

you have got to love Demonland - are we the only club forum that can have a thread on a practice match that segways into a heated debate on getting charged to print tickets at home ???

you have got to love Demonland - are we the only club forum that can have a thread on a practice match that segways into a heated debate on getting charged to print tickets at home ???

Yes of course nutbean

We are the MFC never forget that.

• Like 2

Yes of course nutbean

We are the MFC never forget that.