JUDGEMENT DAY - THE "BOMBER" 34

Whispering_Jack

1 minute ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I think it's called "Flogging a Dead Horse"

He's flogging something :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, M_9 said:

Another doozy from Bruce, imploring Susan Ley to either call an emergency meeting of the WADA executive to discuss his claims or resign from the executive herself:

http://twitdoc.com/view.asp?id=246145&sid=59XD&ext=PDF&lcl=Attention-Susan-Ley-CAS-Strands-Response-BFrancis-2Feb2016.pdf&usr=TheGovernorSM&doc=297688822&key=key-klfY6EMdzE2wgPiY6XC1

As one poster on BF said "the cheese has fallen off the cracker".

Funniest thing I have read in ages.

Who is this guy?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/banned-bombers-consider-split-ahead-of-compo-bid-20160203-gmkv19.html  Extracts:

A group of between 10 and 15 are weighing up whether to link with renowned sports lawyer Tony Nolan QC and personal injury law barrister Gavin Coldwell. 

Lawyer Chris Pollard is part of the team put together by player agent Peter Jess: Former Bomber Nathan Lovett-Murray has signed, while Dyson Heppell, Dustin Fletcher, Jake Melksham, Mark McVeigh and Jake Carlisle are among those understood to be in serious discussions.

Skipper Jobe Watson could also yet link with Nolan although, as part of a group of players managed by Elite Sports Properties, he may remain with Slater and Gordon, the AFLPA's preferred lawyers.

Two former Bombers – Bulldogs Stewart Crameri and Brent Prismall – had engaged independent lawyers earlier in the saga.

This is going to go on for years if they don't all settle out of court.

At least they have the good sense to forget about the injunctionYou would think this makes an appeal futile since by the time it is heard their suspension would be over.

9 minutes ago, biggestred said:

Far out. I literally got 2 lines into that bruce francis letter... if i was the recipient I'd have thrown it out then and there.

Most do. 

He puts the nuff.....in nuff nuff !! ;)

Most have had 'nuff of him !!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/banned-bombers-consider-split-ahead-of-compo-bid-20160203-gmkv19.html  Extracts:

A group of between 10 and 15 are weighing up whether to link with renowned sports lawyer Tony Nolan QC and personal injury law barrister Gavin Coldwell. 

Lawyer Chris Pollard is part of the team put together by player agent Peter Jess: Former Bomber Nathan Lovett-Murray has signed, while Dyson Heppell, Dustin Fletcher, Jake Melksham, Mark McVeigh and Jake Carlisle are among those understood to be in serious discussions.

Skipper Jobe Watson could also yet link with Nolan although, as part of a group of players managed by Elite Sports Properties, he may remain with Slater and Gordon, the AFLPA's preferred lawyers.

Two former Bombers – Bulldogs Stewart Crameri and Brent Prismall – had engaged independent lawyers earlier in the saga.

This is going to go on for years if they don't all settle out of court.

At least they have the good sense to forget about the injunctionYou would think this makes an appeal futile since by the time it is heard their suspension would be over.

There's a Mr Kerrigan on the line...... 

Edited by beelzebub

13 hours ago, ManDee said:

Nice list, I'd like to add.

The players failed to tell ASADA on multiple occasions that they were being injected with anything. (Despite believing that it was legal)

None of the players went to the ASADA site to check if the substances were legal.  (Despite being well aware that the site was for that purpose)

You understate the prosecution case  They not only failed to tell ASADA on multiple occasions, as I understand it they actually denied taking any supplements when asked.  

There is a big difference there - a whole new order of magnitude.

Not saying yes is very different from saying no.

39 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I think it's called "Flogging a Dead Horse"

I suspect that a certain Mr D*^# could offer some injectable substance that could be claimed to revive or even reincarnate said horse, or at least have it entered into some secret unrecorded experiment / trial.

26 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

At least they have the good sense to forget about the injunction.  You would think this makes an appeal futile since by the time it is heard their suspension would be over.

Wasn't a key part of WADA's case at CAS that they forgot about the injection?  

Sorry - misread. You said injunction. 

Edited by monoccular
redaction of part of a name to deidentify said person
  • Like 2

If the players knowingly allowed themselves to be injected with the supplements and know full well what they were given then how could they get a win in court? Especially when we consider that they signed consent forms as well.

I can't see how they could even get any sort of "out of court" settlement either (if the above is true)

Early on McVeigh was telling all and sundry that the players knew exactly what they were given - of course, once it looked like the gig was up, that tune was suddenly turned to "we don't know what we were given"

Hunter never signed a consent form so he may not know ... then again, he might know and is just calling their bluff. For all we know Hunter might have been given TB-4 and he might know that he was given TB-4. Essendon & the AFL may well know that he knows.

It was interesting that the EFC legal representative asked Hunter if he could tell them what he was given.

Points available to appeal:

Jurisdiction. Can't happen. They all agreed

Point of law. 1 they agreedthe law and had ample opportunity to raise objections.

What they don't like isthey got nicked.

They seem confused as to type of court and the nature of adjudication.

So many of the law profession simply don't get it. They aren't used to a bigger pond they think its still biysclub. Fcuk 'em

• Like 1

There are so many parts to this whole affair that could be believed or disbelieved

For instance, yesterday Dank came out and said that the Essendon Administration destroyed all the records of the supplements program (or words to that effect)  ... believable? Not necessarily.

His comment could be designed so that people might assume that the records are gone and never to be seen ... wrap it up in a box and put a bow on top. Closure.

It's my belief that there were records and they may still be intact and be accurate ... I also believe we'll probably never see them. There could be multiple copies too ... nothing should be assumed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Macca said:

There are so many parts to this whole affair that could be believed or disbelieved

For instance, yesterday Dank came out and said that the Essendon Administration destroyed all the records of the supplements program (or words to that effect)  ... believable? Not necessarily.

His comment could be designed so that people might assume that the records are gone and never to be seen ... wrap it up in a box and put a bow on top. Closure.

It's my belief that there were records and they may still be intact and be accurate ... I also believe we'll probably never see them. There could be multiple copies too ... nothing should be assumed.

He has also said that ASADA have the records but must have destroyed them. He is a charlatan of the highest order.

3 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

He has also said that ASADA have the records but must have destroyed them. He is a charlatan of the highest order.

Charlatan.... He's a bloody nutcase

• Like 2

I can't help but get this feeling of Dracula (Essendon players) suing the Blood Bank (Essendon Club, Superimposed AFL)

Intended blood bottle (money and peace)

33 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

Yep, no argument there ... from the word go he's been easy to read though. Shady types tend to act in a certain way. I remember making up my mind on the bloke after first seeing him on the 7.30 report

Here's that interview from Feb 2013 if people want to do a revisit. The key questions about what the players knew is from about 6.15 into the video ... but again, what's true and what isn't true?

Note that he mentions that the players weren't given anything other than vitamin B & vitamin C "intravenously" so, how about just straight injections then? 

Anyway, you'd be hoping that ASADA would produce the records if they had them ... couldn't Hunter's legal representation ask ASADA to produce them for his case?

ASADA would have some documentation (consent forms etc) but I'd find it awfully hard to believe that they'd have detailed, accurate records of the injection program.

Edited by Macca

On 2 February 2016 at 3:21 PM, Lucifer's Hero said:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/stephen-dank-i-want-to-clear-the-names-of-the-essendon-34-20160202-gmjigs.html

OMG!!  Dank still wants to clear the 34 players!!  A bit late I would think...

That article contains so many Dank utterances contradicting what he has said in the past it isn't worth commenting. 

The only thing in the article I found believable was:  "Dank, however, no longer has detailed documents outlining what the players were injected with, maintaining these were erased under the watch of the club's former administration".

Very convenient.  Bit by bit the truth comes out...

I think the description is delusional egomaniac....Surprise he and turd are still not best of friends since they seem to have similar personality traits. . 

23 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

You'll be receiving a letter from the Charlatans' Association about that slur on our reputation.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spirit of '87 said:

Jobe should keep his Brownlow Medal

Mark Robinson says Jobe Watson should keep his Brownlow. Might as well give Lance back his Tour de France medals while we're at it. 

Robbos article is atrocious. 

His opinion is also atrocious. 

The only reason people are forgiving the afl having not already stripped jobe of the medal is because they theoretically have until the 10th to appeal.

If the afl fails to strip jobe of the medal AND award it to the rightful winners just as they did when corey mckernan was suspended and thus ineligible it will be a disgrace to the point where the commission will be completely untenable. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Spirit of '87 said:

Jobe should keep his Brownlow Medal

Mark Robinson says Jobe Watson should keep his Brownlow. Might as well give Lance back his Tour de France medals while we're at it. 

I was thinking about some newspaper that indicated that there could be the possibility that it was superficially told that all semi current Brownlow Medal winners

had related to who that he should give his Brownlow back. So Mark off.

56 minutes ago, Macca said:

If Dank told me that the sun rises in the east, I would look for it in the west. If he said it is midday, I would grab a torch before going outside. 

He has zero credibility. Zero.  Even less than the AFL Commission if that is possible 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, biggestred said:

Far out. I literally got 2 lines into that bruce francis letter... if i was the recipient I'd have thrown it out then and there.

Like the EssUndone Board and Bruce Reid's (rumored/alleged) letter?

• Like 1