The Jack Trengove is BACK Thread

McQueen

10 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

All i am saying is that it is humorous to call Trengove "The Heart & Soul of the club" with what went down. 

But of course you can wear your Rose Coloured glasses if you wish

Surely you can't deny the boost it will give the club if he can get back on the field. We talk about building culture and changing attitudes at the MFC under Roos/Jackson/Goodwin, and Trengove is the embodiment of this discussion. His determination to get back on the field is something that every player should aim to replicate in their preparation and on game day. Him getting back on the field will further enforce that to the playing group, who are already behind him every step of the way. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

We the Generational Supporters are the Heart & Soul of the club. 

Players are Well Paid employees...

Please have this pinned to the top of every post - especially at the end of every season when we see these well paid employees looking at their employment options

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dee-luded said:

a very mercenary attitude,  unlike that of the Hawks, the better bummers, or the Catters.

Mercenary attitude ? I'd go with 100% accurate

Hawks - Buddy onto greener pastures for lots of green. Lake wanted to go on but was told your time us up.

Cats - Ablett the same buddy - getting rid of premiership great players who are "past it" but obviously don't feel the same way ( Kelly, Chapman and Stevie J).

Supporters are absolutely heart and soul  - and loyal - we pay to see our club play.

Players are no more than well paid employees. Like in all workplaces - you have a select few employees who will not leave for more or better/more successful conditions - they will remain loyal and you have others who move for more opportunity, a more successful company or money,  

We are no different than any other club in what we do with our players and they do with us. The issue in the past is not what we do but how we did it. Hawthorn seem to manage there departures a little more silently. 

Edited by nutbean
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, nutbean said:

Mercenary attitude ? I'd go with 100% accurate

Hawks - Buddy onto greener pastures for lots of green. Lake wanted to go on but was told your time us up.

Cats - Ablett the same buddy - getting rid of premiership great players who are "past it" but obviously don't feel the same way ( Kelly, Chapman and Stevie J).

Supporters are absolutely heart and soul  - and loyal - we pay to see our club play.

Players are no more than well paid employees. Like in all workplaces - you have a select few employees who will not leave for more or better/more successful conditions - they will remain loyal and you have others who move for more opportunity, a more successful company or money,  

I'd say that the mercenary attitudes belonged to the ones who got greedy.   the clubs just said very well.  off ya go then.

but a strong club will always look after the players who give all to their club, until they are past by other players & said injured player can no longer earn his jumper. 

Adam Ramanauskas at Essendon comes to my mind as an example.  the soul of a footy club is about its values & its people collectively give it its strength.  thru thick & thin.

you would not want one better example of who to back to the hilt than Trenners.

42 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

All i am saying is that it is humorous to call Trengove "The Heart & Soul of the club" with what went down. 

But of course you can wear your Rose Coloured glasses if you wish

no ONE is ever heart & soul, as teams have no I... great teams are full of wee... strong pizz indeed.

23 minutes ago, Good Times Grimes said:

Surely you can't deny the boost it will give the club if he can get back on the field. We talk about building culture and changing attitudes at the MFC under Roos/Jackson/Goodwin, and Trengove is the embodiment of this discussion. His determination to get back on the field is something that every player should aim to replicate in their preparation and on game day. Him getting back on the field will further enforce that to the playing group, who are already behind him every step of the way. 

I think it will give a boost to supporters yes.

And yes, his determination to get back on the field should absolutely held up as a beacon. But I am under no illusion that his determination is something ingrained in him. After all that transpired I would suggest that Trengoves determination to get on the field is so "Trengrove can play football again " not for some altruistic club benefit like helping push up the ladder. I think the players are 100% behind him  - but again I am sure they are not saying what a great clubman he is  - or he is heart and soul. I believe they would be thinking how determined he is  - nothing more or less.

Come the end of the year and he has started to played good football the next contract will be interesting and I wouldn't think that he would be doing us any favours in negotiations the same way that he is under no illusion that if he doesn't make progress on the field he won't be renewed next year.  

4 minutes ago, nutbean said:

I think it will give a boost to supporters yes.

And yes, his determination to get back on the field should absolutely held up as a beacon. But I am under no illusion that his determination is something ingrained in him. After all that transpired I would suggest that Trengoves determination to get on the field is so "Trengrove can play football again " not for some altruistic club benefit like helping push up the ladder. I think the players are 100% behind him  - but again I am sure they are not saying what a great clubman he is  - or he is heart and soul. I believe they would be thinking how determined he is  - nothing more or less.

Come the end of the year and he has started to played good football the next contract will be interesting and I wouldn't think that he would be doing us any favours in negotiations the same way that he is under no illusion that if he doesn't make progress on the field he won't be renewed next year.  

I think its all about his dedication, commitment, & his love for the club & players, & the game itself, that inspires us all. 

4 minutes ago, dee-luded said:

I'd say that the mercenary attitudes belonged to the ones who got greedy.   the clubs just said very well.  off ya go then.

How about the greedy ones who the club doesn't say off you go then but pays them what the ask for. 

I wish it wasn't so but football is a business nothing more or less.

Sad reality ( in the main - there are always exceptions)

1/ the club decides what a players is worth ( lots, something or delist/trade out)

2/ The player decides what he is worth and other factors ( where the team is going, playing for a successful club ?)

3/ If the valuations of both player and club align then they stay  - otherwise they go.

If that's mercenary then so be it  but i call it reality.

• Like 1

Just now, nutbean said:

How about the greedy ones who the club doesn't say off you go then but pays them what the ask for. 

I wish it wasn't so but football is a business nothing more or less.

Sad reality ( in the main - there are always exceptions)

1/ the club decides what a players is worth ( lots, something or delist/trade out)

2/ The player decides what he is worth and other factors ( where the team is going, playing for a successful club ?)

3/ If the valuations of both player and club align then they stay  - otherwise they go.

If that's mercenary then so be it  but i call it reality.

its become this way since mid-late 90's, & this is the driving wedge  'attitude wise'  amongst players 7 within the AFL admin, that disenfranchises so many supporters & drives them away from it.

Just now, dee-luded said:

I think its all about his dedication, commitment, & his love for the club & players, & the game itself, that inspires us all. 

I've corrected the above.

Does he enjoy the club environment ... sure...love his mates at the club ? sure.... love the club ? hmmm.....

1 minute ago, dee-luded said:

its become this way since mid-late 90's, & this is the driving wedge  'attitude wise'  amongst players 7 within the AFL admin, that disenfranchises so many supporters & drives them away from it.

spot on.. 

or it hardens supporters like me.

I love all the players with the understanding that they may not be at the club next season - then i get over them pretty quickly.

I do find it ironic that in one thread we can get so upset by a player leaving for more money and question their character and then in the next thread we will be gung ho about throwing money at a player from an opposition club to get him to our club and get excited about how perfect he would be for our club.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nutbean said:

spot on.. 

or it hardens supporters like me.

I love all the players with the understanding that they may not be at the club next season - then i get over them pretty quickly.

I do find it ironic that in one thread we can get so upset by a player leaving for more money and question their character and then in the next thread we will be gung ho about throwing money at a player from an opposition club to get him to our club and get excited about how perfect he would be for our club.  

yes, it brings out the cynics in all of us,  mostly anyway,  sadly probably justifiably.

Edited by dee-luded
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, old dee said:

I beg to differ GTG the thread was created to establish where JT was with his rehab.

It was not created so JT could read it and get encouragement which is what I think you are suggesting above.

The thread was created with the intent of monitoring his PROGRESS. Not revisiting the past and lamenting about how the club managed his injury or the trade with Richmond.

JT is only concerned about what's in front of him.

Let's all do the same!

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Good Times Grimes said:

Trengoves attitude to getting back on the park again would have been exactly the same if he was wearing a Tiger Jumper. That is my point. 

He is not The Heart & Soul of the club" we are that. 

Jack is a paid professional footballer and i say that not as a slur. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dee-luded said:
2 minutes ago, McQueen said:

The thread was created with the intent of monitoring his PROGRESS. Not revisiting the past and lamenting about how the club managed his injury or the trade with Richmond.

Let's all do the same!

I think that is what I said Steve and agree with the rest.

4 minutes ago, McQueen said:

Let's all do the same!

your right McQ,, & I've sidetracked as well.

1 hour ago, nutbean said:

How about those Denver Bronco's...

You comparing their QB overcoming a mid season foot injury to return and win it to our JT?  I like it. But he will have to plug his favourite beer when he stands on the Premiership Podium.  They say that Manning doing that three times was worth $24mill in advertising to Budweiser. And it's such a truly crap beer. You'll see I tried hard to keep this relevant to JT's progress. 

• Like 2

On 10/2/2016 at 5:00 PM, It's Time said:

You comparing their QB overcoming a mid season foot injury to return and win it to our JT?  I like it. But he will have to plug his favourite beer when he stands on the Premiership Podium.  They say that Manning doing that three times was worth $24mill in advertising to Budweiser. And it's such a truly crap beer. You'll see I tried hard to keep this relevant to JT's progress. 

Well I am going off track IT

I don't mind Budweiser!

3 minutes ago, old dee said:

Well I am going off track IT

I don't mind Budweiser!

Ahhh...which version. The US made for US consumption dishwater ....or the full strength one made for everyone else ?

9 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Ahhh...which version. The US made for US consumption dishwater ....or the full strength one made for everyone else ?

one guess!

My favourite US beer is Coors!

Edited by old dee
  • Like 1