Darcy Parish

Demonland

Cant read it cos of the stupid paywall but I hope its true, the kid is clearly a jet.

It will be damn shame though for all the posters on here who have for some insane reason judged Parish's football ability on how he looks.

The people having a whine about it need to take off the P.C hat, and realise that there isnt one single person judging his football ability by his looks.

They are only saying he looks different to what you would normally expect a player to look.

Quite simply, the overwhelming majority have absolutely no fuggen idea of his ability apart from the vids, but they can clearly see what he looks like.

*roll eyes*

He has great vision and in those highlights every disposal hits its target. Also looked to make good decisions, but my only info is 4min of highlights, Sammy Blease looked like a super start too. But I think Parish has a hard edge so I say yes at 3.

• Like 1

You would seriously look at a law suite to stop your kid going to Essendon in any draft.

I know I would if my young bloke was being spoken to by them.

They wouldnt even get through the front door at my place. Scum.

Hard to see them passing on Weitering, who looks like an absolute gun, but stranger things have happened.

Brisbane desperately need Schache...a good young player that wants to play for them.

Why isn't Weitering a forward? Great mark, reads the play well...., in a write up about Schache it talks of accuracy on goals. Everyone grows up wanting to be the forward who kicks the goals. Carlton also need a forward line, I think the order is far from settled.

From Snoop Dog, who's a solid observer...

He hasn't yet done his phantom Draft, but this is his view on Parish in another type of communal draft:

# 3 Melbourne - Darcy Parish (Geelong Falcons / 181cm / 74kg)

Terrific player who have seen plenty of. Probably not as big as you want your midfielders these days but he ticks nearly every box. Very clever player around the stoppages who can win it and create space through the congestion to get away and clear the ball. Actually has real bounce about him and would think he would be a hard player to track and stay on top of as he is always on the move. As a bottom ager I thought he was a bit outside but he was a terrific ball winner this year and has really rounded him out. His ball skills are very good (averages circa 70% DE) and he is particularly good at using lateral kicks to create the play and set team mates up. His vision is elite and his spacial awareness very good to. Just doesn't really get flustered. From a defensive aspect notwithstanding the frame he loves to tackle and whilst an average 2-3 at champs / TAC he isn't averse to it but it is an area he could do some more work on to try and get that up around 5+ per game.

Always love to watch how these kids go vs men and really rated his performance for the Academy side vs Blues and Werribee. He was hard at it and really competitive and I think the game vs the Blues was particularly good. Only knock is he didn't test that well at the combine which i was surprised by because when you watch him that is not the sense you get.

Not sure where he will start at AFL level. He has shown he is very good off a HB flank, demonstrated this year he is a very good all round midfielder and has pushed forward as well to kick goals. He has a very light frame though and he won't be pushed to the middle to quickly I would have thought and with mids like Jones, Petracca, Brayshaw, Tyson and Viney they can afford to protect him a bit. With Salem & Bugg off HB wouldn't mind betting he starts as a HF flanker.

Building a very talented group of juniors these Demons ...

• Like 17

He has great vision and in those highlights every disposal hits its target. Also looked to make good decisions, but my only info is 4min of highlights, Sammy Blease looked like a super start too. But I think Parish has a hard edge so I say yes at 3.

Its a highlight reel, why would they include highlights of him missing targets? Lol ...

You doubt this?

Why the hell would I lie?

Because people often interpret comments of others less than satisfactorily.

The amount of times I've heard peoples comments from a radio interview inaccurately reported here is astounding.

So now, rather than take reportage on face value I like to read the comments for myself and judge accordingly.

Edited by ProDee

Because people often interpret comments of others less than satisfactorily.

The amount of times I've heard peoples comments from a radio interview inaccurately reported here is astounding.

So now, rather than take reportage on face value I like to read the comments for myself and judge accordingly.

Got it ?

Geez. You acted like a smart Alec, you were wrong. Maybe try a bit of humble pie instead of making it worse?

Geez. You acted like a smart Alec, you were wrong. Maybe try a bit of humble pie instead of making it worse?

How did I act like a smart alec ? By saying "I doubt this, so please post his comments or link." That's being a smart alec ?

If I've got this right, every time you question another poster you're being a smart alec ? Do you want me to highlight every time you do this ?

Look, Stu, don't answer. We're not good for each other and I'll adjust my settings accordingly.

Edited by ProDee

As a casual observer I find it fascinating how quickly and seamlessly Stuie can argue himself in to a losing position. Unfortunately it destroys threads in the process.

And I find it fascinating how vulture like the trolls are on Demonland. Latching onto anyone who is actually willing to say something.

Weak as pi55.

From Snoop Dog, who's a solid observer...

Not sure where he will start at AFL level. He has shown he is very good off a HB flank, demonstrated this year he is a very good all round midfielder and has pushed forward as well to kick goals.

He's certainly a favourite with me and even more so after reviewing the vision of his games for Vic Country in the national champs. I'm sure if he comes to Melbourne he will get a good grounding under the current coaching regime but I suspect that he won't end up as a defender. He's too good for that and besides, the only disappointing game I've seen from him is the one v SA at Simonds Stadium where he was played off half back and was rather subdued as if he had to contain his usual flair. He was kept down to 9 possessions and was brushed aside a couple of times by Aaron Francis but there were enough positives from his limited amount of touches to know that he is going to be a very good player.

I haven't been so excited about a potential draftee since Jimmy Toumpas ... oh.

• Like 3

He's certainly a favourite with me and even more so after reviewing the vision of his games for Vic Country in the national champs. I'm sure if he comes to Melbourne he will get a good grounding under the current coaching regime but I suspect that he won't end up as a defender. He's too good for that and besides, the only disappointing game I've seen from him is the one v SA at Simonds Stadium where he was played off half back and was rather subdued as if he had to contain his usual flair. He was kept down to 9 possessions and was brushed aside a couple of times by Aaron Francis but there were enough positives from his limited amount of touches to know that he is going to be a very good player.

You weren't the only one initially excited about Jimmy WJ. I'm still a little gutted that he didn't make it with us. This bloke really hunts the ball though...reckon he's a different type of cat.

• Like 1

He seems a fantastic decision maker with great anticipation. He never stops moving and initiating. He's always trying to make something happen.

Where Toumpas couldn't evade and looked weak in the contest it's the opposite with Parish.

I'm no expert on him, but it's hard not to like what you see.

Edited by ProDee
  • Like 4

You weren't the only one initially excited about Jimmy WJ. I'm still a little gutted that he didn't make it with us. This bloke really hunts the ball though...reckon he's a different type of cat.

Yep. Hope you're right - also I think the club has more resources and better personnel available to put into development and there's no hurry to bring on first year players these days. Things might well have been different for the Toump had he walked into the club in November 2015 instead of 2012.

• Like 3