Delistings/trades at end of the season

Could your reluctance to let Garland go, but trade Toumpas, be linked to sentimentality, mate? If Garland can't improve under Roos and harness the ability to attack off half back, then he never will, IMO. I'm leaning towards trading Col more so every week. I agree though, if the price was right with Toumpas.

The thing to ask regarding Toumpas is what type of player we've got and what are we happy with. I actually think the argument you've made for Col turning things around when the team rises, could be made for Jimmy too. Toumpas is a gut-running mid with nice disposal that currently shits himself occasionally, which results in a poor decision making.

Toumpas will grow into an important role player. Not necessarily who you want at pick 4, but if there aren't any better offers, I'm happy enough with Jimmy. He also shows a passion to improve. I like it.

Fair points mate, particualry with Toumpas. I feel with our relatively young list that he could be of better value on the trade table to get a quality deal over the line.

I'm not throwing him on there for the sake of it, or for any dislike, but yes if the price is right.

As for Garland, he's an RFA so the concept of trading him comes at a risk. I would rather see him signed early at his market value rather than see it dragged out to the end of the year which could attract other clubs and a higher price to match if we desire the trade. If the trade falls through we'll be stuck having to pay for an overpriced Garland.

• Like 1

Prestia comes out of contract at the end of 2016. but MFC SHOULD MAKE A MOVE NOW !!

MFC gets Prestia and Suns pick 20

Suns get pick 4 and Jeremy Howe.

Win win outcome.

Let me ask you this.. If Prestia was at Melbourne and Howe was at Gold coast.. Would you accept pick 4 & Howe for Prestia and pick 20?

Absolutely not..If we want to land Prestia it will be pick 4 + Howe with no pick 20 in return.. Simple as that.

• Like 1

Let me ask you this.. If Prestia was at Melbourne and Howe was at Gold coast.. Would you accept pick 4 & Howe for Prestia and pick 20?

Absolutely not..If we want to land Prestia it will be pick 4 + Howe with no pick 20 in return.. Simple as that.

Brisbane would do that trade with Aish

Would give them pick to trade on for Dixon and Howe.

Quick fix to a [censored] forward line

Has done nada at sanfl level all year, and had the heat put on him at the beginning of the year to improve or be chopped.

I expect he might be a straight delist.

Agree.

Bring back Juice Newton to replace Dawes, couldn't do any worse at this stage.

I wouldn't trade out pick 4 and Howe for Aish and their second rounder.

Sounds good for Prestia though.

John butcher anyone? Will be cheap as chips. Better option than Dawes? Not to long ago they were calling this kid the future

he's a kid I was interested in up grabbing in his draft year, as well as Ty Vickery..

wanted Ty again over the past 2 years to give him a shot as well.. maybe too late for Ty now. he won't leave the Tiges now.

Butcher has talent, & a strong hands. worth a look for a rookie spot.

he's a kid I was interested in up grabbing in his draft year, as well as Ty Vickery..

wanted Ty again over the past 2 years to give him a shot as well.. maybe too late for Ty now. he won't leave the Tiges now.

Butcher has talent, & a strong hands. worth a look for a rookie spot.

Not sure we would want him but also not so sure he won't leave the Tiges.

Not sure we would want him but also not so sure he won't leave the Tiges.

Ty has talent a lot of it. he's starting to learn. but if he went to say the Hawks or the Catters from the draft, he would be a star now. Environment is a huge part of the development of a young players mindset. & growth.

Channel 7 news confirmed tonight that we are in the Prestia race.

No other clubs mentioned so we must be ahead.

Wowowoww. Excellent

Did they say if he was likely to move clubs? Any more info appreciated

I have a brother who is a lions member and lives in Brisbane.

He tells me that Aish has eyes for SA only.

The rest can forget talking to him.

Just some [censored] about Gold Coast saying he was a required player

They all say that it is a tactic to keep the trade value high.

The MFC would be saying the same about Garland and Howe.

• Like 2

See, I told you we were into Prestia. My source is one of my ex-pupils who is a family friend of the Prestia's. His exact words were 'we have put an offer to him and he is considering it'.

• Like 5

Channel 7 news confirmed tonight that we are in the Prestia race.

No other clubs mentioned so we must be ahead.

Called it a couple of weeks ago.

Family are dead set want him to leave GC because of drug culture.

• Like 1

Prestia comes out of contract at the end of 2016. but MFC SHOULD MAKE A MOVE NOW !!

MFC gets Prestia and Suns pick 20

Suns get pick 4 and Jeremy Howe.

Win win outcome.

Don't involve Jeremy Howe in the Prestia deal. If GCS get pick 4 for Dion, they'd be happy enough with that. Ultimately, they wouldn't get that much the following year.

As for Howe, I'd be looking at getting another club involved in a three-way trade or target Treloar, but that's not gonna happen.

The only reason I'd include Howe in a deal with Prestia is if we got another Suns player. Say, Charlie Dixon. ;)