THE SAGA CONTINUES - WADA APPEALS

jobe was a fat unskilled plodder before the drugs. And now he is thinking about quitting about be caught out!

That is just BS.

Jobe had turned it around a long time before Turd had become coach. He has also been IMO Injectiondon's most honest person when in the media so I can't understand the angst towards him.

• Like 3

That is just BS.

Jobe had turned it around a long time before Turd had become coach. He has also been IMO Injectiondon's most honest person when in the media so I can't understand the angst towards him.

He cheated and won a brownlow.

• Like 4

That is an entirely different argument to the first one you made, and I agree, the IOC is nearly as bad as FIFA/F1, with the AFL not far behind in my book.

That doesn't replace the fact the Olympics are actually very clean, which flies in the face of your first argument.

That is also why hird is trying to avoid CAS arbitrators who are olympics affiliated. The olympic athletes cannot believe how much major football codes have got away with when it comes to drugs in sport, and they are gunning for them. As far as they are concerned, Essendon are the worst of the worst, so you would expect IOC affilated arbitrators to come down on the side of the olympic movement.

IMHO that is why Essendon went for Spigelman - he is an eminent jurist, and will at least approach this with an open mind. This is about all they could expect when their attempt to plant their own Essendon supporting former high court judge did not fly. JS will at least provide a balanced view, unlike the AFL Tribunal.

• Like 1

That is an entirely different argument to the first one you made, and I agree, the IOC is nearly as bad as FIFA/F1, with the AFL not far behind in my book.

That doesn't replace the fact the Olympics are actually very clean, which flies in the face of your first argument.

chris, your opinion that the olympics is actually very clean is just that, your opinion

i have little faith that the testing is adequate and more faith that the chemists are ahead of the game

• Like 1

chris, your opinion that the olympics is actually very clean is just that, your opinion

i have little faith that the testing is adequate and more faith that the chemists are ahead of the game

Yep

Edited by old dee

That is quite possibly true, but that is true of all sport the world over. If I had to pick one event that was the cleanest, that had the best testing and the greatest commitment to catching people and not covering it up, it would be the Olympics. I know a few Olympians and the testing they went through was enormous, and that was in one of the low profile sports.

• Like 1

That is quite possibly true, but that is true of all sport the world over. If I had to pick one event that was the cleanest, that had the best testing and the greatest commitment to catching people and not covering it up, it would be the Olympics. I know a few Olympians and the testing they went through was enormous, and that was in one of the low profile sports.

Chris this started with my replt to the following comment from LH

"EFC aside, before long we will be assuming that no sportsperson is clean. "

I said I was close to being there already.

I believe I am.

• Like 1

Chris this started with my replt to the following comment from LH

"EFC aside, before long we will be assuming that no sportsperson is clean. "

I said I was close to being there already.

I believe I am.

Forever the optimist, good to see you are true to form OD.

• Like 1

Forever the optimist, good to see you are true to form OD.

Thats my feeling Chris and I only see more supporting evidence every week.

The more money injected into sport the more corrupt it gets both on and off the field.

• Like 1

The more money injected into sport the more corrupt it gets both on and off the field.

It used to be that you could at least rely on the ammos to provide a clean contest.

These days many are co-opted / corrupted as 'feeder' competitions.

Very good pun, OD! :unsure:

There is no money to be made in most of the Olympic sports. Just ask those Olympians I know.

• Like 1

There is no money to be made in most of the Olympic sports. Just ask those Olympians I know.

Not sure the organising mob would agree with you chris.

They seem to get fatter by the day.

Bolt and a lot of others are not worrying about where there next buger is coming from.

Not sure the organising mob would agree with you chris.

They seem to get fatter by the day.

Bolt and a lot of others are not worrying about where there next buger is coming from.

Not talking about the organisers, Am talking about the athletes, the ones you would need to pay to take the stuff in the first place.

Using Bolt as an example is silly as well, he is one of the very few Olympic athletes that is making good money. If you take out the pro sports (tennis, soccer etc), and then the key teams from each nation (swimming and some athletics in Aus, Gymnastics and Swimming in Russia etc etc), then you are left with a mass of athletes earning very little.

How much do you think our meddle winning sailors came away with, or the rowers, or the hockey players? And they are the ones who won medals, this doesn't even mention the water polo team, the equestrian, the shot putter, the synchronised swimmers, handball team, gymnasts, volley ballers, badminton players, table tennis players, etc etc etc.

There is very little money for the vast majority of Olympic athletes. If they are lucky they may get their expenses paid, but even then that is rare. I don't think dollars are corrupting them, and if they are then they need to ask for more money!!!

• Like 1

Not talking about the organisers, Am talking about the athletes, the ones you would need to pay to take the stuff in the first place.

Using Bolt as an example is silly as well, he is one of the very few Olympic athletes that is making good money. If you take out the pro sports (tennis, soccer etc), and then the key teams from each nation (swimming and some athletics in Aus, Gymnastics and Swimming in Russia etc etc), then you are left with a mass of athletes earning very little.

How much do you think our meddle winning sailors came away with, or the rowers, or the hockey players? And they are the ones who won medals, this doesn't even mention the water polo team, the equestrian, the shot putter, the synchronised swimmers, handball team, gymnasts, volley ballers, badminton players, table tennis players, etc etc etc.

There is very little money for the vast majority of Olympic athletes. If they are lucky they may get their expenses paid, but even then that is rare. I don't think dollars are corrupting them, and if they are then they need to ask for more money!!!

I think it is for a lot in the major sports Chris.

Olympic medals equate to sponsorship dollars afterwards.

But as I said early we are not likely to agree.

We will just keep our opinions

I think it is for a lot in the major sports Chris.

Olympic medals equate to sponsorship dollars afterwards.

But as I said early we are not likely to agree.

We will just keep our opinions

We obviously disagree. My point is that there are very few major sports at the Olympics and very few athletes making money. The few that do make good money, but they are the few.

• Like 1

We obviously disagree. My point is that there are very few major sports at the Olympics and very few athletes making money. The few that do make good money, but they are the few.

I doubt the synchronised swimmers or any of the other low key sports participants make anything at all. To get to Olympic standard they most likely spent a small fortune of their own or parents money. Huge disparity in reward for effort and success depending on the sport.

• Like 2

I doubt the synchronised swimmers or any of the other low key sports participants make anything at all. To get to Olympic standard they most likely spent a small fortune of their own or parents money. Huge disparity in reward for effort and success depending on the sport.

Exactly, and that is the same with the vast majority of the athletes there. It only appears otherwise as you get to see the ones who make money, and they make money because we see them. Bit of a catch 22.

• Like 1

Exactly, and that is the same with the vast majority of the athletes there. It only appears otherwise as you get to see the ones who make money, and they make money because we see them. Bit of a catch 22.

I agree with just about everything you've said Chris and kudos to you for not taking the "popular" view. In my opinion the Olympic sports are miles cleaner than most of the pro sports. Of course, it hasn't always been that way but it's annoying that many haven't seen the shifting of the goal posts. Here's an article from 8 years ago that should have resonated .... Athletics runs rings around AFL

Soccer and the big 4 USA sports fly under the radar because of their pitifully low testing standards and procedures but many don't want to acknowledge that ... if it's not in their face, there are some who mistakenly assume "clean" (for many who have an opinion on the subject)

I do disagree somewhat on the IOC however - I very much doubt that the IOC is not without it's corruption but again, things have improved markedly in my opinion ... (Richard) Pound had some favourable things to say about the IOC in this article from 6 years ago ...

Olympic host bidding – has the IOC cleaned up its act?

Edited by Macca

I agree with just about everything you've said Chris and kudos to you for not taking the "popular" view. In my opinion the Olympic sports are miles cleaner than most of the pro sports. Of course, it hasn't always been that way but it's annoying that many haven't seen the shifting of the goal posts. Here's an article from 8 years ago that should have resonated .... Athletics runs rings around AFL

Soccer and the big 4 USA sports fly under the radar because of their pitifully low testing standards and procedures but many don't want to acknowledge that ... if it's not in their face, they assume "clean" (for many who have an opinion on the subject)

I do disagree somewhat on the IOC however - I very much doubt that the IOC is not without it's corruption but again, things have improved markedly in my opinion ... [censored] Pound had some favourable things to say about the IOC in this article ...

Olympic host bidding has the IOC cleaned up its act?

What is hypocritical are those who continue to happily watch the AFL with all drugs and corruption (again, just a opinion) but they won't watch other sports for the same reasons.

Edit: I should have typed in "Richard Pound" to escape the censors ha ha

I agree entirely. The IOC are certainly not without their flaws.

Edited by Chris

Soccer and the big 4 USA sports fly under the radar because of their pitifully low testing standards and procedures but many don't want to acknowledge that ... if it's not in their face, they assume "clean" (for many who have an opinion on the subject)

I do disagree somewhat on the IOC however - I very much doubt that the IOC is not without it's corruption but again, things have improved markedly in my opinion ... [censored] Pound had some favourable things to say about the IOC in this article ...

Olympic host bidding has the IOC cleaned up its act?

What is hypocritical are those who continue to happily watch the AFL with all drugs and corruption (again, just a opinion) but they won't watch other sports for the same reasons.

Edit: I should have typed in "Richard Pound" to escape the censors ha ha

I agree entirely. The IOC are certainly not without their flaws.

On a mobile and it seems to be adding to your post instead of making a new one :/