THE SAGA CONTINUES - WADA APPEALS

Ian Robson has just said (via Chip Legrand) The spread sheet James was referring to was the one kept by Dean Wallis

The lawyers have it and have said it is useless

The real records are still missing.....

Ian Robson has just said (via Chip Legrand) The spread sheet James was referring to was the one kept by Dean Wallis

they aren't missing at all WYL, we know where they are, shredded and burned after the league CEO tipped the club off about the investigation

• Like 2

Someone on BF said it's because Whateley likes to back a winning horse and I think there's truth in that. As well as the factors you've mentioned.

At first I chuckled but then remembered he started his journalistic life as a race caller (and is still a leading race caller for ABC radio during the Spring carnival) so you are probably right!

If that's true the levels of delusion/outright lying are beyond comprehension.

Give me a few minutes and I'll provide the evidence in question (just gotta make sure there's a big "THYMOMODULIN" heading along the top of the spreadsheet.)

The 360 interview was great - when he first came in I thought here we go, more Essendon PR via NewsCorp but as it went on Whateley really started to grill him. Not sure that's what he was expecting, his face genuinely reddened at several points particularly when Whateley pulled him up on the "tribunal found the players innocent" lie.

What has Hird said about Robson?

Said he saw the spreadsheet on Robson's desk. He just brought him into the discussion now, he could have said he saw the spreadsheet but he deliberately used Robson's name. No love lost there would be my bet, remember the body language early days when he resigned.

Edited by rjay
  • Like 1

Said he saw the spreadsheet on Robson's desk. He just brought him into the discussion now, he could have said he saw the spreadsheet but he deliberately used Robson's name. No love lost there would be my bet, remember the body language early days when he resigned.

I would have thought it could potentially be a dangerous ploy by Hird, i'm sure Robson would have some information WADA wouldn't mind getting their hands on

• Like 1

Robson is very good with his words and has managed to extricate himself beautifully from this whole saga.

Hird has tried to dump him in it and to be honest I don't think he should be allowed to just walk away and say not my problem.

they aren't missing at all WYL, we know where they are, shredded and burned after the league CEO tipped the club off about the investigation

Back ups will be somewhere

I put money on that.

They may never have been in paper or electronic format at EFC offices (hence why Deloitte didn't find them).

They were probably stored on 'personal computers, usb storage devices, or in the 'cloud' to be accessed via linked devices (tablets, pads, phones). So no paper or electronic trail at EFC would exist and coaches etc could honestly say 'no records were destroyed'

I'm with you SWYL - they are somewhere and there are a number of people who know exactly where they are and how to access them.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 1

Ian Robson on SEN said several times that Deloitte were given everything EFC had which covered about 3,500 'documents'. Hard to imagine James remembering just this one out of that bundle! Robson would not be drawn on any particular document.

Quite different to the comment Chip LG has attributed him. Chip has now mentioned Wallis. Chip is just another Hird mouthpiece doing his bidding. If they are not careful one of these people they are dragging into this might just spill the beans!! Maybe that would good...keep going Hird, Chip and Robbo!!

• Like 2

Wouldnt be too surprised if wada have a test for thymosin and other illicits ready to go prior to the trial . Danks was sending blood away to be tested to see if what he was covering up was working the science will catch up . Although I know nothing in the field but for common sense.

Ian Robson on SEN said several times that Deloitte were given everything EFC had which covered about 3,500 'documents'. Hard to imagine James remembering just this one out of that bundle! Robson would not be drawn on any particular document.

Quite different to the comment Chip LG has attributed him. Chip has now mentioned Wallis. Chip is just another Hird mouthpiece doing his bidding. If they are not careful one of these people they are dragging into this might just spill the beans!! Maybe that would good...keep going Hird, Chip and Robbo!!

In this case I don't think Chip was being a Hird mouthpiece. He said the players lawyers had the document but it was deemed as useless and not used in evidence.

Hird was being more than mischievous in bringing it up.

I'll ask him next time I see him altho he has been very tightlipped to date....

• Like 1

If James Hird thought ASADA had 'destroyed' evidence why did he not just produce his own/EFC copy?

Is he so used to lying that he can't even see the transparency of this lie?

Beggars belief!!

Also, why has he waited till now to make this amazing 'disclosure'.

PS: does anyone know if the 360 show is available anywhere on line if you don't have foxtel

Great point.

And to think when Barrett interviewed Kyle Reimers back when it all started....those were the days.

Wondering if all those text messages will be re-hashed and published again.

Ugh. I'm so looking forward to Melb v Haw this week.

I doubt records were kept, because the more that comes out, the more I feel this was a deliberate attempt to cheat.

If EFC was sure all the substances were legal, then they would have full records that would be very easy to track and produce. Footy clubs record everything, and I have no doubt any fully above board supplement regime would be fully documented to determine what is working and what is not. Dates, dosages, side effects, results etc etc. Anyone with any legit scientific or medical background would do this UNLESS they knew they were cheating and wanted there to be no evidence of it. Which is what it appears EFC were doing. Perhaps, maybe, possibly, a paper record of dosages was kept, but as soon as things went bad, it was destroyed. Footy clubs keep records of the legit things they do - kms run, weight sessions, nutrition, supplements, everything. EFC weren't undertaking a legit supplement program though.

For Hird to think that anyone other than a biased EFC supporter would believe the story he conjured up last night is beyond me.

• Like 2

I doubt records were kept, because the more that comes out, the more I feel this was a deliberate attempt to cheat.

If EFC was sure all the substances were legal, then they would have full records that would be very easy to track and produce. Footy clubs record everything, and I have no doubt any fully above board supplement regime would be fully documented to determine what is working and what is not. Dates, dosages, side effects, results etc etc. Anyone with any legit scientific or medical background would do this UNLESS they knew they were cheating and wanted there to be no evidence of it. Which is what it appears EFC were doing. Perhaps, maybe, possibly, a paper record of dosages was kept, but as soon as things went bad, it was destroyed. Footy clubs keep records of the legit things they do - kms run, weight sessions, nutrition, supplements, everything. EFC weren't undertaking a legit supplement program though.

For Hird to think that anyone other than a biased EFC supporter would believe the story he conjured up last night is beyond me.

Dank will have the Records and reciepts.

That is why he and that slime bag Shane Charters rufuse to co operate.

Pity we do not have Barry "The Baptist" from Lock Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels

He would get Info out of Dank....

• Like 1

Dank will have the Records and reciepts.

That is why he and that slime bag Shane Charters rufuse to co operate.

Pity we do not have Barry "The Baptist" from Lock Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels

He would get Info out of Dank....

SYL i think this is the case. Ive always thought he would have to have a set/copy of what he was doing. He would want to know....he is after all a Scientist ( lol )

Nail. Head.

Hird. Cheat.

Footy clubs keep records of everything regarding every player. Weight, height, what they eat, when they pee, what they pee, running, jumping.....yet when doing an illegal unconscionable human experiment ...."I know nothing"!

Absolutely incredible.

Absolutely reprehensible

Absolutely illegal..

Edited by monoccular
  • Like 2

Someone on BF said it's because Whateley likes to back a winning horse and I think there's truth in that. As well as the factors you've mentioned.

I think at times in this saga Whateley, who I think is one of the better sports commentators in the country, particularly when he is on the ABC, has been seduced by the dollars he earns at Foxtel. To keep that going he has to get on with Robbo. However, once WADA appeared, to me his body language was a classic. It was as if he was able to return to his true self, and state without fear or favour, what he knew to be true: ie Hird has been lying and cheating and at last he can call that out for what it is on high rating Foxtel. The fact that his first words about this were: "the adults have at last taken charge" I think says it all. In closing, he said "I have a real feeling about this that it changes everything" or words to that effect.

So decisive were his comments that even Robbo was semi reasonable.

Maybe the explanation is simple. As professional journalists they cannot afford to continue to defend the indefensible. If so, wait for the edifice, constructed by the Hird PR Machine and millions of dollars, to quickly collapse, as their tame journalists quickly try and get on the right side of history.

Oh, what a wonderful sight it will be...

• Like 4

Whatley is and always has been my very favorite sports commentator and caller. A class act who knows his stuff and says what he means.

Well done.

• Like 3

I'm so over this " think of the players " [censored].

they are accused of cheating..

until the Essendon football clubs prove me and i'm guessing most of the sporting community wrong, in the eyes of the public they are cheaters, that's a reality they are going to have to face.

• Like 1