Tom McDonald

Demonland

Anyway, I dont follow your posts and see where you post in order to check out your opinion I only stumbled upon it earlier in the week and to be honest you should stop making a fool of yourself.

Well played MM.

• Like 1

I joined Demonland in 2006 because I'm a Demon tragic and couldn't get enough footy talk. I'm reading it less and less because posters attack each other with a ferocity that they would probably never display in a face to face exchange. Can't people agree to disagree respectfully without attacking each other's character and puffing their own chests out?

PS. Reading D'land is beginning to feel like inadvertently overhearing a couple's embarrassing marital argument.

You can ignore those that struggle to stay civil or just seem to get on here to harangue posters. The repeat offenders are the problem, not the vast majority...

Manage Ignore Prefs in your profile screen.

TMac has always had endeavor. What he lacked ( past tense ) was polish..and to a degree consistency and ability to kick reasonably

I and many others lamented this and dished it to him for these qualities .

However it would be doing the lad a great dis-service to not recognise he has seemingly applied himself and is ironing out these niggles.

He's stepped up;well done.

I'm hoping this new improved Tmac ver 5.2 stays and grows/refines more.

One would hope his all game 100% effort is infectious.

• Like 3

Who knew a 194cm key back wasn't a finished product at 22?

touche :huh:

his kicking WAS woeful...hes worked on it Thats good

Noone really called into question his ability or worth , just the balance of things.. lots of goodd work undone by rubbish footy. Hes addressd this.. Again thats good

• Like 1

TMac has always had endeavor. What he lacked ( past tense ) was polish..and to a degree consistency and ability to kick reasonably

I and many others lamented this and dished it to him for these qualities .

However it would be doing the lad a great dis-service to not recognise he has seemingly applied himself and is ironing out these niggles.

He's stepped up;well done.

I'm hoping this new improved Tmac ver 5.2 stays and grows/refines more.

One would hope his all game 100% effort is infectious.

The only thing that is infectious at the MFC is gastro, as history would show, sadly

touche :huh:

his kicking WAS woeful...hes worked on it Thats good

Noone really called into question his ability or worth , just the balance of things.. lots of goodd work undone by rubbish footy. Hes addressd this.. Again thats good

lol

Yes, they did...

Posters convinced themselves the 3 clangers a game McDonald made were a 'showstopper' or indicative of his whole play. If I can be stuffed later I can have a search...

• Like 2

Werridee this is to help you. Good luck with comprehension.

Are you serious? Yes

My attack was that he is a VFL standard player.

No it wasn't. You said "Favourite player Bail hey. You keep high standards there. VFL fan are you? And my football knowledge is poor." The reference to "you keep high standards there" was using Bail's ability to attack a poster. Your target was the poster, not Bail, he was the tool you used to attack the poster. Your purpose was to attack the posters football knowledge.

It's nice that your sticking up for your son and all but don't you think your going over the top? Your comprehension is poor. I said "I know him and his father". I didn't say I was his father. If you thought I was his father your follow up comments are astoundingly misplaced and distasteful.

When the next poster posts that Dawes, McKenzie, M.Jones etc are not up to AFL standard or Toumpas and Watts should be traded I'm expecting the same response that you have given me, I mean it's only fair or is it a leave my poor boy alone scenario? Seriously my heart bleeds. See my first comment. If you have trouble joining the dots I can't help you. I don't think I've seen anyone suggest Bail is best 22. You seriously miss the point.

I just find it amusing when the club has Nate.Jones, Hogan and another 20 players that get a game ahead of Bail someone would choose Bail as their favourite player. A favourite player is usually your idol, someone you specifically want to see play and for me it definitely isn't Bail unless your a fan boy or a family member. You need to understand that "favourite" doesn't mean "best". You might have favourite players based purely on their football ability but others look for deeper aspects of their character and abilities to admire. You clearly don't understand this.

Your so called attack wasn't about points scoring, trying to be popular or respected it was just an opinion\observation. I only come on here to have an opinion (I like talking football) I don't care about the other rubbish. I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here but frankly it's probably better that way.

Attack posters but not players? Ridiculous. Is this a football forum or a who can attack someone the best forum? Sadly this forum is both and you fit squarely into each category. So do I at times.

You or anyone else can come after me just don't expect me to allow you to walk over me, it's not my style. I'm afraid Werridee most walk over you whether you like it or not.

Hope these comments help Werridee. Someone once said that with free speech comes responsibility but you've not caught on to this. If I was Ro Bail's father as you thought can you imagine how rude and tasteless your comments are? If you can't see that then I genuinely feel sorry for you.

Edited by Baghdad Bob
  • Like 8

I won't go around in circles but what does that sentence got to do with anything I said? As usual you are not making sense.

Favourite player Bail hey. You keep high standards there. VFL fan are you? And my football knowledge is poor.

what does that sentence got to do with anything I said? What does - got?

And my football knowledge is poor. Is this a question or a statement?

• Like 1

Like Jetta and Dunn the previous year, Tom has addressed his well known deficiencies over the off season and is a far better team player for it. He is not perfect - who is?

All credit to him for learning and working hard.

• Like 1

oh look another argument on demonland

*skims thread*

T-Mac kicked a goal, he has improved significantly.

Thanks for your constructive input 3D

It is tedious but it is what we do here.

He did just give Jeremy Cameron an absolute bath in a game where he had enough quality inside 50's to kick a bag against a lesser opponent, he exectued the basics beautifully and consistently and for mine is playing the sort of footy chip did in his AA year

• Like 1

Hes a gun and literally any club in the comp would kill for him

He is a very good player, but literally kill for! I think not.

• Like 1

Sad when a literal meaning becomes figurative.

I don't know what people mean anymore. I love English because you can say what you mean in so many ways. But when the rules change I literally cannot be sure what people mean.

• Like 1

Sad when a literal meaning becomes figurative.

I don't know what people mean anymore. I love English because you can say what you mean in so many ways. But when the rules change I literally cannot be sure what people mean.

go figure :rolleyes:^_^

That moment when you realise Tommy Mac has kicked three goals in his last three home and away games. He's starting to hold his opponents accountable when he moves up the ground. Looking forward for the Walker matchup this weekend.

Anyway, I dont follow your posts and see where you post in order to check out your opinion I only stumbled upon it earlier in the week and to be honest you should stop making a fool of yourself.

10 less disposals so you would have to say he paid Cameron a lot more attention than Smith and Gorringe as he should.

Cameron was used as a decoy exposing Garland.

Dunn was on Greene surely he could have zoned off on him and actually help Garland out which he never did, I'm sure McDonald would have done a better job than what Dunn did. It's hard to imagine him not doing a better job than what Dunn did because Dunn was pathetic.

You have clearly come after me wanting me to say that I was wrong and you were right. I won't agree with it.

Your acting like McDonald going to Cameron was a match winning move, pretty sure we lost by 8 goals.

no, I just use it to emphasize a point sometimes like most people do

Dont take things so literally, La Dee!

It's the curse of being born a pedant. I similarly detest the use of the word "average" to mean "poor" and anyone who claims they are "putting in 110%".

I appreciate that English, probably like all languages, is fluid and that many words have changed their meanings over time ("terrific" being an excellent example. I don't think anyone uses it meaning that the matter is terrifying.) Right now, however, I'm not ready to allow "literally" to mean "figuratively" when there are perfectly good alternatives which could be used.

• Like 5