Changes for Round 2

Nasher

My bet is Toumpas and Brayshaw. My reasoning would be on the fact that Roos has historically favoured blooding kids slowly.

Toumpas needs to run around and get some footy for a few weeks - whatever role he would play in the AFL wouldn't allow him to do that. Getting it 6 times in a quarter of a game isn't a bad effort either... just throwing that out there. Anyone can eff up a handball, not everyone can find it deep in the forward line in the first place...

• Like 4

By my reckoning if Toumpas had have gone at pick 50 the draft believers may well want to give him more game time.

Such is the nature of judging a player on his draft pick number.

It's just nonsense

Macca IMO right now after four games in a row he does not deserve a game next weekend.

By my reckoning if Toumpas had have gone at pick 50 the draft believers may well want to give him more game time.

Such is the nature of judging a player on his draft pick number.

It's just nonsense

Wrong. So wrong.

Did you watch the game?

Toumpas has very low confidence and it affects his decision making. Three times he made the wrong decision (His DE was at 16% - compared to the team average of 70%ish), and the last could have cost us the game. (Luckily for H to come through and clean up his mess)

I want Toump to succeed more than most, but until we gets some confidence in the magoos, that's where he should stay.

Edited by AODees (dt1)
  • Like 1

There's a real quandary, though it's one they knew was coming: What happens with the second ruck when Dawes is available rnd 2?

We are too tall with the same fwd line + Dawes, and that suggest Frost shuffles out - - - but he is the back up ruck. NFI

Vince for Toumpas is a given. If Dawes plays, it makes the Garlett, Kent, JKH combo even more effective. Our small forward combo could be a strength of this team.

Frost plays, because he's our designated 2nd ruckman. But I don't want to see a top heavy forward line of Hogan, Dawes and Frost.

As I said earlier, for team balance I'd replace one of our tall backs for Dawes. But I reckon they'll give Brayshaw a full game at Casey, which would be disappointing.

Other than Frost's size, speed and tackling, what about Frost makes you think he will be a star?

That's a pretty good start! If he can go close to breaking even in the hit outs he will become a gun ruckman because he is great when the ball hits the deck.

Vince for Toumpas is a given. If Dawes plays, it makes the Garlett, Kent, JKH combo even more effective. Our small forward combo could be a strength of this team.

Frost plays, because he's our designated 2nd ruckman. But I don't want to see a top heavy forward line of Hogan, Dawes and Frost.

As I said earlier, for team balance I'd replace one of our tall backs for Dawes. But I reckon they'll give Brayshaw a full game at Casey, which would be disappointing.

Thinking about this I would not be surprised to see Frost go to defence. He has the size and speed to match it with Cameron, plus he will have the added benefit of being familiar with Cameron's game. Could Dawes possibly come in at the expense of a defender?

Of course I watched the game

Fact: A 27 minute game by a sub who gets the ball 6 times is normally judged a certain way

For various reasons Toumpas' game is judged differently

Fact: A 27 minute game by a sub who gets the ball 6 times is normally judged a certain way

It is what you do with it that counts Macca

Fact: 6 Disposals for a sub is poor, especially when they get 2 cracks at it.

Fact: 1/6 being effective as a sub is extremely poor, especially when most players on the G were out on their legs.

Fact: Subs are meant to have a positive impact on the game, he did not.

Fact: 1/6 being effective as a sub is extremely poor, especially when most players on the G were out on their legs.

He had 2 clean effective handballs in the last quarter and a kick inside 50

The stat keeper should be shot.

Seriously think the people saying if Dawes comes in we are too tall are delusional.

Too tall means too many big slow immobile dinosaurs, who will get run away from. There is absolutely nothing immobile about our big blokes. Dawes is known as one of the hardest running KPF's out there. Hogan and frost both move bloody well as well. VDB and Watts as mobile midsize with garlett and kent/jkh making up the fwd mix is a good combo of size, speed footy smarts and will have any slightly underdone backs absolutely [censored] themselves at the thought of it, with the improved midfield able to give it to advantage

Edited by jako13
  • Like 4

Fact: 6 Disposals for a sub is poor, especially when they get 2 cracks at it.

Fact: Subs are meant to have a positive impact on the game, he did not.

You're just lashing out

Vince for Toumpas is a given.

Either Gawn or Spencer for the giant blob currently playing in the ruck (0 touches in the last 2.5 quarters = pathetic).

Dawes can have some time at Casey to learn how a key forward should play.

Seriously think the people saying if Dawes comes in we are too tall are delusional.

Too tall means too many big slow immobile dinosaurs, who will get run away from. There is absolutely nothing immobile about our big blokes. Dawes is known as one of the hardest running KPF's out there. Hogan and frost both move bloody well as well. VDB and Watts as mobile midsize with garlett and kent/jkh making up the Fed mix is a good combo of size, speed footy smarts and will have any slightly underdone backs absolutely [censored] themselves at the thought of it, with the improved midfield able to give it to advantage

Dawes is a good chaser once he gets going, but he is very slow of the mark. He is also out of the contest when the ball hits the deck, which is the opposite of the player he would likely replace (JKH).

I think Salem will come into the conversation at match committee although I think he'll stay. He wasn't very good on the weekend.

If I had to guess I think Toump and Kent will make way although there can be good arguments made for both.

We now have more than 22 deserving of a spot. What we need is some of those (lesser) 22 push to become A graders

Match committee did a great job last week, it will be a fascinating night at selection.

• Like 2

I think Salem will come into the conversation at match committee although I think he'll stay. He wasn't very good on the weekend.

If I had to guess I think Toump and Kent will make way although there can be good arguments made for both.

We now have more than 22 deserving of a spot. What we need is some of those (lesser) 22 push to become A graders

Match committee did a great job last week, it will be a fascinating night at selection.

Wonderful.

Great to be able to discuss options for the first time in a decade

Dawes was silly to get suspended and had an ordinary NAB Cup and an ordinary 2014.

He can earn his spot in the VFL. That's how good teams roll.

In: Vince

Out : Toumpas

I disagree - that's not how good teams roll.

Good teams like Hawthorn decide who is in their best 22. If it is not a fitness or form issue (it is certainly not fitness with Dawes and I still think he always straightens us up when he plays) then they slot them straight back into the team. Hawthorn have dropped players who haven't done much wrong purely to bring back players who they consider best 22.

What we can debate is whether we consider Dawes best 22 - I certainly do.

Edited by nutbean
  • Like 1