2015 MFC Training Camp Maroochydore

Howe did he do that

A few notes from today's training:

* Training was pretty light so not a whole lot to report.

* Overcast humid conditions again.

* New guys on the deck.

* Trenners doing seated boxing ripping into it as best he can with a moon boot on.

* Looked like Vince, Harmes, Riley doing boxing separate from the main group.

* A lot of standing around talking tactics today with the occasional breaking into a ¾ pace drill.

* Focused on strategy for exiting the back half and kick ins today.

* You hardly notice Roosy. Hes just like one of the boys and doesnt put himself above everyone really impressive and the thing that stands out to me the most. If only all bosses were like that.

* Petraccas got a real presence about him and stands out without even kicking a ball - Got a confidence about him.

* Frost's movement and all round game impresses me. Hes stood out a lot over the last two sessions in my eyes. Kicks it well for a big bloke.

* Vandenberg doing intervals separate from the group. I think he's keen to make a go of it. I'm keen to see how he goes over the next few days

* Early finish, perhaps doing something off site?

* A few crappy photos maybe later tonight.

* Probably a bigger session tomorrow I'd say so hopefully a bit more to report then.

• Like 17

I'll keep an eye out for them tomorrow. If the opportunity arises I'll ask someone in the know.

No stress, just curious about how he's recovering from his patella dislodgement.

Didn't notice him in the gallery on the MFC website, but definitely noticed Petracca and he certainly has a presence. The forward line with CP and Hogan could be formidable in years to come.

How's the overall atmosphere at the camp? Are all the guys buying in and loving it, or is Roos constantly pulling them up to reinforce specifics of the game plan?

Appreciate the work you're doing mate!

No stress, just curious about how he's recovering from his patella dislodgement.

Didn't notice him in the gallery on the MFC website, but definitely noticed Petracca and he certainly has a presence. The forward line with CP and Hogan could be formidable in years to come.

How's the overall atmosphere at the camp? Are all the guys buying in and loving it, or is Roos constantly pulling them up to reinforce specifics of the game plan?

Appreciate the work you're doing mate!

It's not work for me - I'm pumped watching the guys

Today was a non event on the track for spectators, with lot of classroom like lecturing on field & the occasional breaking into a drill to practically cement what was being talked about. Yesterday they did stop the drills a lot but that might also be them catching a break because of the heat and they used that time to re-enforce specifics. Bit too soon for me say whether they are buying in or not. I can pretty safely say they are not "not buying in" so time will tell there.

I noticed Jonesy had a big grin on his face when I rocked up today. I believe him when he says he is really enjoying the camp. Probably feels at home near the surf.

The guys seem to be really enjoying the team game play at the end of yesterday's training. It reminded me a lot of the times that Daniher used that teams event challenge to help take the monotonousness out of preseason training. From what I could tell that style of training worked for us back when we made the Grand final in 2000.

The footys seem to be fatter and more balloon like in the belly like than I remember. Perhaps there making them more torp friendly so we'll see it used more in games?

• Like 2

B7S2m9FCIAIBguV.jpg

Love seeing the team bonding stuff. Viney, Brayshaw, Petracca, Tyson, Michie, Jones... that's a core worth getting around.

Look at Petracca's abs!!!

OK who got the kayak then? Can't we afford more than one for the midfield group?

Assuming they did a round robin or something with the paddling.

Who's the guy on the right? Hair looks like Garlo but he's pretty slight.

Dunno who it is but there is a another clue - he's sporting a wedding ring, might help narrow the field a little. Brad Miller perhaps Edited by jako13

Thanks Bruisers.

Such a pity we have had to put up with so much junk because a new poster used a famous author's name.

Yet another thread on why Demonland is so hard to read.

Reckon it's time some of you got over yourselves and take such irrelevant trash to the general board.

• Like 2

Thanks Bruisers.

Such a pity we have had to put up with so much junk because a new poster used a famous author's name.

Reckon it's time some of you got over yourselves and take such irrelevant trash to the general board.

I'll post my report from today's training session in a dedicated training thread.The Maroochy footy ground is just a few hundred meters away from the towns sewerage treatment farm. I was a bit worried about the stink but so far I can't smell anything. This might give a few posters on this this thread something else to talk s**t about. Not that it bothers me - S**t for yourselves silly guys.

Thanks Bruisers.

It's always the same crowd that derail topics, when you see their names in a thread, keep scrolling.

• Like 3

It's not work for me - I'm pumped watching the guys

Today was a non event on the track for spectators, with lot of classroom like lecturing on field & the occasional breaking into a drill to practically cement what was being talked about. Yesterday they did stop the drills a lot but that might also be them catching a break because of the heat and they used that time to re-enforce specifics.

I am glad that they seem to be drumming in a game plan designed to get the ball down the field as quickly as possible (at least that is what I gleaned at the session I went to), in 2014 it seemed we were playing a style to not get thrashed; retain the ball at all costs, minimise risks, rarely trust forwards with one-on-ones, etc.

Hopefully we can push the ball up the field quicker by being confident and on the same page, I am certain that is all it takes, of course you have to have confidence in the coach and your teammates of course, and that will be the battle.

I love this time of the year - everyone is so upbeat and the players themselves really looking like they are enjoying themselves.

It is my fervent wish for 2015 that this "feeling" keeps going all the way to September.

• Like 7

Hard to read, but does that tattoo on Jones' back say "Jones"? If so, why? In case he forgets who he is?

I hope your just taking the micky... I hear this joke daily and its just poor form

Burgos Diary Day 3:

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/melbourne/news/2015-01-15/day-3-craft-weights-and-paddle-boards

These are my "highlights":

he was spewing that the side of avocado was accidentally left out (which I can totally understand, I mean who doesn’t love a good avo?).

I’m pleasantly surprised that Moving Pictures’ What about me still evokes some passion among the crew.

(Note: if you think I’m showing my age about the above-mentioned chefs, then I was going to suggest that the players might emulate Philip Paxton of ‘The Magic Wok’ fame – a show on Channel 10 in the early 1980s. Does anyone remember that on Saturday mornings? Maybe, just insert the trendiest chef of the moment from one of the umpteen cooking shows on television, as the type of chef the players were trying to follow.)

I love this time of the year - everyone is so upbeat and the players themselves really looking like they are enjoying themselves.

It is my fervent wish for 2015 that this "feeling" keeps going all the way to September.

I will be happy with all the way till 31st July after the last eight years.

Perhaps I am just easily please nutbean

• Like 1