Daniel Merrett

Fat Tony

If I was Blease, Tapscott or Strauss and I was offered a contract of any sort, at any club versus going to the PSD then I would be very stupid not to take it...

Have a feeling Blease thinks he's a lot better than what he is (or has shown).

It was said on sen that Blease may be traded for Butcher from Port.

• Like 5

surely not ? :rolleyes:

I'd take him, as always for the right price. It'd be an interesting first meeting between him and Pedders at training though, I was kinda looking forward to them meeting up again and Pederson giving him one back.

Wow I would take that one without hesitation.

• Like 1

Wow I would take that one without hesitation.

who wouldnt !! Butcher Hogan Dawes ......... bugger...gotta stop thinking about that 3 fwd set up !! ^_^

He's a free agent right? So no need to trade, although we wouldn't want to dilute our Frawley compensation if he does end up coming to us via free agency

For a cheap trade I'm all for it, even though the last time we played the Lions I swore my head off at him for smashing Pedo.

Needs a bit of happy pills, but otherwise, a cheap option to help the backline as they mature.

Edited by Jaded

Realistically we might get two or 3 years out of him.
If we can get him for next to nothing, id go for it.

He is a legit swing man, can take the monsters down back, or draw the defenders in the forward line.

He and dawes in the forward line would create a fantastic opportunity for hogan.
Hogan would effectively attract the third defender who will be undersized against hogan. - ideal first year.

He could go down back to give tommy mac a chop out every now and then. If we pick up lumumba or malceski our back line will virtually be the same as 2014 but with a great running ball carrier. which is pretty reasonable.

Of course it al depends on who else we are likely to pick up, I wouldn't be upset if we picked him up.

He's a free agent right? So no need to trade, although we wouldn't want to dilute our Frawley compensation if he does end up coming to us via free agency

For a cheap trade I'm all for it, even though the last time we played the Lions I swore my head off at him for smashing Pedo.

Needs a bit of happy pills, but otherwise, a cheap option to help the backline as they mature.

He's not out of contract.

I was keen on Butcher for a few years but he has failed to live up to early promise. HOWEVER, a swap for Blease is a no brainer, as Butcher might improve and if he doesn't, so what, we have lost nothing.

• Like 4

First we trade Fitzpatrick & our 4th round pick to Carlton for their Waite compensation. (Likely band 4, end of 2nd round. Approx 41) Even throw Blease in also to get it done if need be.

Trade Pick 41 & 3 to Brisbane for Merrett & Pick 5.

Pick 3 may give Brisbane a little more currency for the Beams trade, as the filth will know they'll land McCartin to help their forward line issues. Brisbane will then just need to come up with a role player for icing on the cake for the filth.

First we trade Fitzpatrick & our 4th round pick to Carlton for their Waite compensation. (Likely band 4, end of 2nd round. Approx 41) Even throw Blease in also to get it done if need be.

Trade Pick 41 & 3 to Brisbane for Merrett & Pick 5.

Pick 3 may give Brisbane a little more currency for the Beams trade, as the filth will know they'll land McCartin to help their forward line issues. Brisbane will then just need to come up with a role player for icing on the cake for the filth.

remind me why we are doing Brisbane a favour again?

Not a chance in hell we are moving from pick 3 to 5 just to get Merrett

why not just swap pick 41 for him?

Edited by hogans_heroes
  • Like 6

Merret vs Clark when we play Geelong

Would love to watch the Big Sauce beat the [censored] out of Clark the cry baby

not quite my sentiments ....but a nice 'hello' for sure :rolleyes:

I was keen on Butcher for a few years but he has failed to live up to early promise. HOWEVER, a swap for Blease is a no brainer, as Butcher might improve and if he doesn't, so what, we have lost nothing.

his playing number is ironic ...lol

We are running out of picks to trade.

2nd or 3rd round will be used for Stretch.

Picks 2 and 3? will be used to recruit an established mid, and probably one of Petracca or Brayshaw.

Other picks for Frost and Lumumba???

I can see a player trade becoming the more viable option......Jack Watts anyone?

They are very similar in a way where they both only play 1 or 2 good games a season, maybe different clubs might help both there form.

AFL trade radio said melbourne could trade pick 2&3 to collingwood for Beams, and then trade Beams to Brisbane for pick 4 and Merrett. Im like LOL! I don't think they thought it through too much.

I like merrett as a defender (remember he has great speed and is a monster size wise as a defender), but his age 30, makes me want to go for frost with a late pick (3rd/4th round).

lol i heard the exact same thing. Pretty funny to be honest because he was pretty proud of the 'idea' and he is a player manager..gave me a good laugh

We are running out of picks to trade.

2nd or 3rd round will be used for Stretch.

Picks 2 and 3? will be used to recruit an established mid, and probably one of Petracca or Brayshaw.

Other picks for Frost and Lumumba???

I can see a player trade becoming the more viable option......Jack Watts anyone?

Not needed.

Pick 43 to GWS for Sam Frost

Mitch Clark to Geelong for Travis Varcoe

Jimmy Toumpas to Adelaide for Jarryd Lyons & Pick 32

Pick 32 to Collingwood for H. Lumumba

Jack Fitzaptrick & Pick 62 to Carlton for Jarrad Waite compo Pick (41)

Pick 41 & 3 to Brisbane for Daniel Merrett & Pick 5.

Michael Evans & Pick 80 to St Kilda for Pick 79.

Leaves us Pick 2: Angus Brayshaw, 5: Peter Wright or Sam Durdin, 24 Billy Stretch (F/S), 79 (Jetta upgrade).

Can't believe the Lions would get rid of him, he is basically the soul of the team post-Browny.

Would have him in a heartbeat at the Dees!

Could there be some three way deal here to get Beams to the Lions?

Trade Radio suggested we should give collingwood Pick 2 & 3 for Beams then get Pick 4 and Merrett for Beams from the Lions.

No Fucken way!!

If we get Beams for Pick 1 & 2 we are keeping him.

• Like 3