Find of 2014

Ted Lasso

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think Dom is the find and will be an A grader, the steal of the draft is likely to be Hunt. A pick from out of nowhere but a lot to offer, will see in a few years.

Kid has some serious speed

• Like 1

Sorry for the missing Poll options, I felt we kinda knew what Vince and Cross would provide so they're hardly a find, and Riley is going to be out for a while yet so not sure he will get the chance to play too much senior footy.

I spoke to Aiden at training the other day, he is being primed for the VFL round 1 which is just over 3 weeks away, so not a while, and from what I have read/seen/heard etc about him he will be knocking on the door sooner rather than later

I spoke to Aiden at training the other day, he is being primed for the VFL round 1 which is just over 3 weeks away, so not a while, and from what I have read/seen/heard etc about him he will be knocking on the door sooner rather than later

Interesting, I don't know nearly enough about this bloke apparenty, any highlights on youtube or anything?

he will be knocking on the door sooner rather than later

Nonsense ! I have seen his highlight reel - he doesn't knock doors down - he kicks them in. If you think that Viney is tough - watch this space.

I voted for Salem but I've been a bit liberal with the interpretation of the thread title. In 3 or 4 years time, we may look back at 2014 and say that Salem was the find of that year. I don't expect him to play a lot this year but he might force his way in if others picked before him aren't doing much. Christian may get in the team and then stay in. The same applies for JKH although he may get into the side earlier than Salem.

Hogan is another who is a first year player and should be on the list I believe. I would have voted for Hogan if he was on the list as I believe his value in years to come could be immense. I guess we might be treating him as if he's already "arrived" but Jesse still needs to do it.

I voted for Salem but I've been a bit liberal with the interpretation of the thread title. In 3 or 4 years time, we may look back at 2014 and say that Salem was the find of that year. I don't expect him to play a lot this year but he might force his way in if others picked before him aren't doing much. Christian may get in the team and then stay in. The same applies for JKH although he may get into the side earlier than Salem.

Hogan is another who is a first year player and should be on the list I believe. I would have voted for Hogan if he was on the list as I believe his value in years to come could be immense. I guess we might be treating him as if he's already "arrived" but Jesse still needs to do it.

First he has to play Macca.

You look like having to wait a while.

My guess is May.

First he has to play Macca.

You look like having to wait a while.

My guess is May.

Yep, I agree on the timeline 'od'.

... and if he plays well if he gets into the side, they'll then have to monitor how many games they want him to play or how much game time he may get. In principle, I agree with Roos' stance on young players so he may well be held back for a lot longer.

He could start off as the sub for a while and then as a loose man off half back. Maybe as the final link player when considering his kicking skills.

He is an excellent kick and hopefully, he can bring that skill to the team. We could do with a few players who can kick the footy well to position ^_^ However, decision making at the top level can sort a few out and of course, he'll need to win his own ball as well if he's going to be a good player for us.

Time will tell.

• Like 1

Dom's going to be something special but that was expected. Vince and Cross's output was expected. You could argue Giorgiou, although he had a well known reputation in the SANFL so people had an idea of what to expect. Michie is shaping up very nicely but also had a great season in the WAFL last season so there were expectations. I don't think you could call any of these a "Find".

To me a "Find" is a player no one knew about and you find them when you didn't know you had them. Surely on that basis JKH is the find so far. By the end of next year it might well be Jayden Hunt.

I agree with JKH under your definition of 'find' however I suspect Tyson will be the most influential in truning around our [midfield] fortunes [with a significant assistance from Vince, Mitchie and Cross]. Georgiou is also obviously a find as a mature recruit however he merely adds depth to a reasonable backline and will not turn around our fortunes like Tyson and Co. will!

bit late to this but for me its Georgiou.. hes left field not on most radars etc.

Tyson, hardly a hidden gem...was there in neon lights

Michie a known but un appreciated player

Salem...like OD suggests...yet to turna wheel so wtfk....really...just yet

JKH...was a pleasant surprise but he was on the major lists and a known entity

Hunt.... we dont know much about yet really

but Alexis not only flew under the radar, he wasnt hardly heard of this side of Murray Bridge , has come into the side, impressed many with his playing , so much hes been elevated and will start round 1

he WINS

• Haha 1

Can we all just take a deep breath and wait to see how JKH and Georgiou go on Saturday night if they get a game?

Can we all just take a deep breath and wait to see how JKH and Georgiou go on Saturday night if they get a game?

They will both get a game! Roos has as much as pre-empted it.

• 7 years later...
On 3/18/2014 at 12:24 AM, DeeSpencer said:

Looking forward to them all. Particularly keen to see how Harmes and Hunt shape up at VFL level. I like Harmes at training he seems to have a crack at everything and could make a nice depth mid pretty adept at most aspects of footy. Hopefully he can put in some decent VFL performances. Hunt as well, some pure speed off half back would be great for this team. Obviously pretty skinny and raw but another who could develop nicely.

Good call DS

On 3/18/2014 at 7:33 PM, Macca said:

I voted for Salem but I've been a bit liberal with the interpretation of the thread title. In 3 or 4 years time, we may look back at 2014 and say that Salem was the find of that year. I don't expect him to play a lot this year but he might force his way in if others picked before him aren't doing much. Christian may get in the team and then stay in

Yep

On 3/19/2014 at 3:20 PM, picket fence said:

Riley and Salem.

Half right picket

For the record,  Salem picked up 25+ possessions on no fewer than 14 occasions this season. 1 Brownlow vote

• Angry 1

4 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

From memory JFK was woeful that night.

Can’t recall how Georgiou went.

The 2013 off season was another turning point ... we added 3 long term good players in Harmes,  Hunt & Salem as well as 2 veteran players in Vince & Cross (who were more than handy)

And Tyson was good for 4 years before his best form deserted him

Add 3 good players every year and a club will nearly always be in contention

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

From memory JFK was woeful that night.

Can’t recall how Georgiou went.

Don’t be so harsh, BBP.

Coming back from the dead after being assassinated 51 years prior to play a sport you had no familiarity with is no small thing.